Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Formula 1 2018

To be fair to @Amin Ferrari have proved me wrong so far In Montreal. I don’t think I was alone in thinking that Mercedes were sandbagging throughout all 3 practice sessions. It’s difficult to see what the red bulls race pace is seeing as they finished top of every practice. For me it’s just great to see a really open season still. I’m not a merc fan, I’m a Hamilton fan, but at the same time I’d prefer a season where it’s tight and there’s all to play for over Lewis just walking it. 

I dont know the stats, but when was the last time there were three team winners after the first 6 races?

12 minutes ago, stix said:

To be fair to @Amin Ferrari have proved me wrong so far In Montreal. I don’t think I was alone in thinking that Mercedes were sandbagging throughout all 3 practice sessions. It’s difficult to see what the red bulls race pace is seeing as they finished top of every practice. For me it’s just great to see a really open season still. I’m not a merc fan, I’m a Hamilton fan, but at the same time I’d prefer a season where it’s tight and there’s all to play for over Lewis just walking it. 

I dont know the stats, but when was the last time there were three team winners after the first 6 races?

2012. Ferrari, McLaren,Mercedes, Red Bull and Williams.

22 minutes ago, stix said:

Hamilton was very fast on the ultras in Q2, would've set an 1.11 dead if he hadn't of locked up at the hairpin. I really feel like Hamilton and Raikkonen messed up today. Both should have been battling for pole. Having Max ahead on softer tires could ruin their race.

The fact that Mercedes were able to run Ferrari so close without bringing their engine update shows you just how good an overall package the Mercedes is. 

• Like 1

I don’t think the introduction of hypersoft tyres has helped so far at all. Really boring race after the safety car. Pleased for Verstappen. Actually pleased for Ferrari too. Brings the title race closer. France next? 

6 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

F1 is dead. Watched The British GT race from Silverstone this afternoon instead, 3 hours of absolutely brilliant motor racing. Roll on the Silverstone Classic end of July

I was just talking to a mate about how other race disciplines are so much more exciting than F1 on the whole at the minute. Don’t get me wrong, I will always watch an F1 race weekend regardless, I have since I was around 8 years old, but really exciting eventful races are growing farther apart though. As Bear said, that was the dullest Canadian GP for some time. 

Absolutely gagging for some rain on race day nowadays. 

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

F1 is dead. Watched The British GT race from Silverstone this afternoon instead, 3 hours of absolutely brilliant motor racing. Roll on the Silverstone Classic end of July

Yeah but in slow motion compared to F1. 

Ive got a day coming up soon on the Stowe Circuit in the formula fords at Silverstone, looking forward to that.

Think F1 this season has been good on the whole, if one person is supremely dominant that weekend its just the way it is.

Theres still some excellent circuits and challenges to come....COTA, Interlagos, Spa, all great circuits.

Hope im not alone in wishing the Old Hockenheim could come back onto the calendar, a monstrously fast circuit that was always a challenge for the drivers and for the engineers on the set up.

3 hours ago, Donut said:

Ive got a day coming up soon on the Stowe Circuit in the formula fords at Silverstone, looking forward to that.

Think F1 this season has been good on the whole, if one person is supremely dominant that weekend its just the way it is.

Theres still some excellent circuits and challenges to come....COTA, Interlagos, Spa, all great circuits.

Hope im not alone in wishing the Old Hockenheim could come back onto the calendar, a monstrously fast circuit that was always a challenge for the drivers and for the engineers on the set up.

The calender doesn't feel full to me without a German track, I'd put it up with not having Monza or Silverstone for me. This is set to be one of the best seasons in years, you've got 3 proper title challengers and the idea of Bottas challenging isn't too far fetched either based on the season he's had so far.

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The calender doesn't feel full to me without a German track, I'd put it up with not having Monza or Silverstone for me. This is set to be one of the best seasons in years, you've got 3 proper title challengers and the idea of Bottas challenging isn't too far fetched either based on the season he's had so far.

Don't like the new Hockenheim though. Much preferred the old, longer layout when they went through the forest (even though it was more dangerous).

27 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Just found out I've won tickets for the pit walk, so I'm looking forward to Silverstone weekend even more now :)

Congrats. Me and two people i'm going with had to order 3 day tickets originally as 4 day tickets were off sale at the time. We upgraded but sadly the person I spoke to added on a thursday ticket, same with my other friend but the other one had his 3 day cancelled completely and then a new 4 day one ordered so only he was eligible to apply for the pit walk. He sent a link to the application page and I was able to do one anyway lol

Scrap that, just looked and i've won some too. Hopefully its all okay lol

Edited by Walkers
  • Haha 1

On 12/06/2018 at 19:40, Walkers said:

Congrats. Me and two people i'm going with had to order 3 day tickets originally as 4 day tickets were off sale at the time. We upgraded but sadly the person I spoke to added on a thursday ticket, same with my other friend but the other one had his 3 day cancelled completely and then a new 4 day one ordered so only he was eligible to apply for the pit walk. He sent a link to the application page and I was able to do one anyway lol

Scrap that, just looked and i've won some too. Hopefully its all okay lol

How and where did you apply for that?