Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

8 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Diabate is good, but not quite there yet. Would love him and Mahrez on the field together. Iheanacho earned his right to start ahead of Okazaki. Shocking he got pulled off so early in the second half - what didn't Puel not like?

The subs were shocking. Gray and James for Silva and Iheanacho, the two most efficient players on the side for the two least efficient?

Swansea had a resurgence in the first 25 mins of the second half and we looked in danger of losing it. We couldn't keep possession of the ball and the subs stabilised things and we became dominant again. James is reliable in possession and lets be honest Silva didn't create much today.

Just now, adam said:

We need to sort the tactics out. This sideways and backwards bollocks with no tempo can piss off. 

It looked very good in the first half

we didn’t respond to their tactical changes at half time to nullify our formation. We stopped picking the ball up between the lines because they stopped that. Puel needed to change it after 55 when it was clear what was going on. 

Thats what’ve frustrates me !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Sorry guys but the Mahrez excuse doesn't wash here. We had more than enough in our team to easily beat them today and just didn't turn up 2nd half. Got to stop going on about Mahrez and find ways to win without him 

That's the whole story! The team is teethless without Mahrez and that's what the frustated/frustrating geniuses in here don't seem to accept it and will never stop blaming anything on Riyad. 

Had we won this game, I'd imagine them easily still lashing at Mahrez, as to convince themselves that we're worth anything without him. I am sorry but, I repeat it again .. we're all in deep shite looking forward should Riyad and the Club find NOT a common ground between now and summer. 

Edited by Nirvana31
  • Thanks 1

Great first 20 minutes but it just got worse. Lots of aimless crosses into the box with no one to finish them.

Not sure what mentality we came out with second half. Dont think we got out our own half in the 8 minutes before their goal. Defensively from set pieces we are horrendous. 

Points dropped yet again. Disappointing.

2 minutes ago, Nirvana31 said:

That's the whole story! The team is teethless without Mahrez and that's what the frustated/frustrating geniuses in here don't seem to accept it and will never stop blaming anything on Riyad. 

Had we won this game, I'd imagine them easily still lashing at Mahrez, as to convince themselves that we're worth anything without him. I am sorry but, I repeat it again .. we're all in deep shite looking forward should Riyad and the Club find a common ground between now and summer. 

Edited by UPinCarolina
Wrong opinion
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

Great first half, poor first 25 mins of second, good finish.

Silva, Iheanacho and Diabaté deserve to be in the team.

Should have won. Didn't. that's football.

On to the next game.

Mahrez can watch.

Agree re Silva, Iheanacho and Diabate. That latter two in particular were really good. Bad luck they did not score. Gray needs to learn simple football. Ndidi should be relegated to the reserves to learn how to control the ball, dribble and pass. How many times Ndidi turns over the ball each game or disrupted rthrym with backward passing?? So frustrating when he is really the odd one out in a team which is now good with passing. And we have Iborra on the bench when he showed how good he was when he played. Bring Iborra back please!! 

1 minute ago, pazzerfox said:

I thought he did fine.  There is definitely some quality in there.

He did ok for his first full game at this level but it was clear he was finding it tough. Would have been better for him to have come off after 65 mins. And yes, there is certainly quality there but you can’t expect him to go from French league 2 to the prem and adjust immediately 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It looked very good in the first half

we didn’t respond to their tactical changes at half time to nullify our formation. We stopped picking the ball up between the lines because they stopped that. Puel needed to change it after 55 when it was clear what was going on. 

Thats what’ve frustrates me !

We looked ok but didn't create much and hardly passed it forward all half. Too much pointless possession between the back 4. 

16 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

Will get criticised for saying it because “it was Fuchs what lost his man” but Maguire is weak at set pieces. It’s no coincidence that we’ve gone from being able to bat away corners and crosses with ease to conceding in that way almost every game since Harry cane in.

Didn’t watch us last season then? 

2 minutes ago, Nirvana31 said:

Had we won this game, I'd imagine them easily still lashing at Mahrez, as to convince themselves that we're worth anything without him. I am sorry but, I repeat it again .. we're all in deep shite looking forward should Riyad and the Club find a common ground between now and summer. 

Vardy looks like he has a few gaps but the rest of the team are like an advert for Colgate!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Sorry guys but the Mahrez excuse doesn't wash here. We had more than enough in our team to easily beat them today and just didn't turn up 2nd half. Got to stop going on about Mahrez and find ways to win without him 

Yes, but it's the psychological effect of what he's done that no doubt reared up in the players heads the moment Swansea equalised.

You've got to take the consideration that goes with that, just like him purposely missing training on the eve of the Everton match and handing in his transfer request would have had a lot to do with the way the players performed (or did'nt perform) at Goodison.

I'll always be grateful to him for his contribution to help us win the Premier League, the 2 "Great Escapes" and winning us promotion. But let's not kid ourselves, Mahrez has cost us 5 points in 3 days...Obviously we'll not get anything vs Man City but it might now be a humiliating beating that could see us go into freefall.

Forgive my ranting but I'm angry. But to reiterate, the significance of the guy's behaviour should'nt be underestimated. Way bigger clubs than us, with better players have had divas completely alter the course of their season for the worse, why are we going to be any different?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Seriously need to start Iborra instead of Ndidi. Ndidi cannot pass or dribble. He fears getting into position to help other players. James is also so much better. Not sure why Puel likes him so much. Iborra please!!!

I love it when the club is in the news and attracts interesting and well motivated new posters ....

Edited by surrifox
  • Haha 1

I’m not as down after that as others but for sure it was points dropped. We should have been more than 1 up at the break. Lost initiative second half but other than their goal they didn’t threaten. I thought Puel’s subs got our initiative back. 

We didn’t lose points that game due to a lack of Mahrez we lost points because Fuchs switched off on a corner. Set pieces once again our downfall. We gave it away really.