Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

Swansea  was shite, play ok first half, to complacent second half, and usual suspects wasteful and lacked quality at the right time.

Striker subs looking really weak, bringing on Okazaki when looking to get a goal.

Edited by Monsell1976

1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

That's what I was hoping for but it does'nt always work like that. Most of us are still reeling from what happened 4 days ago so you have to imagine it must be even more surreal for the rest of the players..

I agree we have to move on and show we don't need Mahrez. But it will take time and we could have both been sat here now talking about how, with 40 points, we really would be knocking on the door of Europe. It's the principle of the thing and whilst we've got to try to be as positive as possible, Mahrez's behaviour (perhaps Guardiola should also take some blame) has almost certainly cost us a place in Europe and probably the top half, come the season's end.

I get where you're coming from but this is a minor blip where we've lost away to Everton and drawn at home to Swansea. It is frustrating as I feel we should have got 4 points rather than 1 out of the 2 games but we can still finish 7th and we are still in the fa cup. Finishing 7th could get us in Europe. I don't think we were ever quite ready to challenge top 6 this season with or without Mahrez. We are just a little inconsistent which is understandable with changing the manager back in November and Puel still needs a bit of time to really get to grips with the squad. We always knew there would be few signings in Jan so it will be interesting to see how Puel sets us up over the summer for next season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

No excuse needed! I think we need to distance ourselves from any thought of Mahrez - even if he comes back he's going to be a walking sore. The team looked very good except for a silly goal and ten-fifteen minutes where Swansea applied pressure. We pressurised them for the rest of the game. Diabate and Iheanacho are quick and clever enough - it's just a matter of them 'bedding in'. N'Didi was magnificent again. There's the basis of a fine team there. I thought Puel was brave to put another forward on late in the match. We have to trust that he will develop the potential that's there. This is a difficult time for the team - they need to settle down again.

Great post, pretty much my thoughts too.

Just now, woollett the bullet said:

Didn't look out of place, expect him to stay in the first team squad . . Not the 23's  as first thought - especially under the circumstances

Nervous start, could have been sent off but grew into the game, think he'll be alright, not sure he's a winger though

At the end    We are only one point behind burnley ,  they gained two points from two games we gained just one points from games ,  the 7th place is not so far 

The team looked good with some creativity and the new comer will adapt soon and silva will cope the physicality demands of the EPL  and the team will settle as top 6 contender 

Really feels like a loss. We should have cemented 7th with two reasonably easy matchs but have only got 1 pt. Now we're looking behind our shoulder at teams like Bournmouth who could overtake us.

Edited by sm1
  • Like 1

We’re just not clinical infront of goal Nacho sort of panlcked infront of goal only to shoot at a Swansea defender on the line think he needs to calm down and practice shooting I’m sure his prem goal will come soon enough sure the scond goal was not offside but hey ho !!

Let’s hope puell can sort these sorry Buggers our before we travel up to the Scum next weekend otherwise it’ll be a disaster !!

SORT THOSE BUGGERS OUT PUELL !!

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

We shouldn't be looking at the stats for too long, that's what Tottenham supporters do... They take a peek at their stats and feel entitled to win the league etc lol

Thought there was moments we were too patient today and that slowed the pace down and allowed them in

• Like 2

All round poor game, we were poor, particularly in the final third, our crossing was diabolical.

They were obviously very poor, worse than Fleetwood, the officials were poor, Puel was poor with his substitutions. Why take off a goal scorer and creative midfielder for a show pony and defensive non creative midfielder - seemed nonsensical - was he settling for a draw? 

Dropped three points this week, was hoping the Arsenal game in March might have a bit of meaning, but no chance now.

Well that was frustrating, two points dropped.

Completely battered them in the first half, should've had about three, some of the football we played was lovely.

Second half we started very slow, for the majority of the half we looked very average. Managed to get on top of them, last 10 minutes we battered them again but just couldn't score.

Iheanacho produced his best performance in the league, Diabate showed glimpses, Silva looked decent, Ndidi defensively was brilliant but his passing let him down at times, Maguire and Dragovic were solid.

There were positives but god knows how we didn't win that.

24 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I get where you're coming from but this is a minor blip where we've lost away to Everton and drawn at home to Swansea. It is frustrating as I feel we should have got 4 points rather than 1 out of the 2 games but we can still finish 7th and we are still in the fa cup. Finishing 7th could get us in Europe. I don't think we were ever quite ready to challenge top 6 this season with or without Mahrez. We are just a little inconsistent which is understandable with changing the manager back in November and Puel still needs a bit of time to really get to grips with the squad. We always knew there would be few signings in Jan so it will be interesting to see how Puel sets us up over the summer for next season. 

Well, perhaps I'm guilty of being a little impatient and I agree we were still a little inconistent back when we beat Huddersfield and Watford. But it's the breathing space a probable 40 points would have given us... But there I ago again, saying that as if it will reverse things :rolleyes:.

As for Puel, my concern is that he is able to get us through this and ultimately we get to see the potential of him as a top quality, top tier manager realised. I really think we got the superior guy in this recent "mini season" of PL sacking/appointing.. But he can't play on the field too. He's got his work cut out steadying the ship now though.

Edited by Kendal Fox

My view isn't going to be that of the masses in guessing but... I hope Mahrez NEVER puts on our wonderful shirt again! I hope he now sits on his backside until the end of the season having NO INPUT in to our squad wether it be first team or the 23's as anyone who doesn't have the heart and desire to give their all for a club that's given them EVERYTHING isn't somebody who deserves to gain anything from that club. No one player is bigger and better than ANY CLUB worldwide and the sooner that scumbag realises it the better. I was at the lights where the crossover from filbert way/aylestone rd was before and he walked in front of my car at the lights and waved and smiled to me (2 years ago), now I doubt he would bother to lift his head whatsoever... And now the feelings mutual as if it turned green id lift the clutch up. I'm furious with his attitude towards US the club who has made him who he is. I genuinely hope more of you foxes fans are gonna stop worshiping him and turn that idolisation into worshiping the club as a whole instead of idolising someone who has mo love and respect for us lot.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Great first half but we lost control of midfield second half. He gave it away a few times due to physical challenges where he thought he would get the free kick but didn’t. Actually I think the change ended up being a good one. 

He was most certainly better first half as everyone else was…. I only recall one duff pass in the second period

lost control for the midfield?  A harsh assessment !

He’s physically capable and can handle himself quite well in my view

As for the change being a good one?  We didn’t win, so, I can’t share that assessment either!

we’ll probably have to agree to disagree on this one