Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

5 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Yes, but it's the psychological effect of what he's done that no doubt reared up in the players heads the moment Swansea equalised.

You've got to take the consideration that goes with that, just like him purposely missing training on the eve of the Everton match and handing in his transfer request would have had a lot to do with the way the players performed (or did'nt perform) at Goodison.

I'll always be grateful to him for his contribution to help us win the Premier League, the 2 "Great Escapes" and winning us promotion. But let's not kid ourselves, Mahrez has cost us 5 points in 3 days...Obviously we'll not get anything vs Man City but it might now be a humiliating beating that could see us go into freefall.

Forgive my ranting but I'm angry. But to reiterate, the significance of the guy's behaviour should'nt be underestimated. Way bigger clubs than us, with better players have had divas completely alter the course of their season for the worse, why are we going to be any different?

Disagree. The Everton game yes will have been impacted by Mahrez, but not today. We Should have been 3-0 up at ht and then just didn't turn up second half. We have more than enough quality to beat teams like Swansea without Mahrez and we have to move on and from this whole thing and stop using it as an excuse. If the players are really annoyed about Mahrez's actions then they should have shown that tofay by destroying Swansea and showing him we don't need him. 

• Like 1

To think for the last 15/20 minutes we pumped balls high into the box....yet let both of our target men go out on loan. 

Gray for an attacking winger does exactly the opposite. Too often he slows play down or takes the easy pass backwards rather than trying something a little more risky. 

We need to bring in a left back in the summer who is capable of defending properly. The amount of times Chilwell/Fuchs have been at fault for us conceding goals this season is becoming a joke. 

• Thanks 2

Loved the way, we went for it. Swans lucked out on that point, but shit happens. I actually thought the James sub was fine, as Silva was looking knackered and kept losing the ball. A feeling of frustration and encouragement is what I am left with today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Silva looked quality…. I have no clue why he was taken off?

Great first half but we lost control of midfield second half. He gave it away a few times due to physical challenges where he thought he would get the free kick but didn’t. Actually I think the change ended up being a good one. 

Regarding Diabate, I thought it was harsh to take Nacho off initially, but Puel changed his position and he was quite threatening. Was ok but not brilliant. 

Puel wants us to be a team that controls games and kills off games. We’re not quite at that level yet as shown today. 

11 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I've not been this frustrated with us since the last time. Should have won that and another 2 points dropped. Very annoying...

Just gone through This thread, top many negatives being posted...

We put Out a team,With a new Set Up,we played, over the 90min,some good

Attractive Football,our new additions all turned out good performances,we seen

an animated and Attack minded Puel.The result didnt Go for us,but we got that

Performance.  The selection just needs to bed in.Too many forgetting the Overall picture,

Today,we Seen a slight change of tact,and a Coaching staff,after this weeks Horrors,be

Proactive...IMO, the future looks bright,that is what we should be shouting about!!!

Today, is Not about looking, at the small mistakes,or point scoring on the individual players,

The Main,we got right....plus the subs ich IMO were right,and needed.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Only caught the second half and the link up through midfield was pretty weak again, even with Silva in the mix. The best path to offence seems to be a Maguire pass or a Fuch cross. Sad to say, but we miss Mahrez. 

You should watch the first half then. Silva was majestic. Him Iheanacho, Diabaté and Vardy worked well.

I really hope we go with them and leave Mahrez to cry in the corner.

Don't agree with the Ndidi criticism eslsewhere either. Sometimes his passes are not good (sometimes they are) but his tackling is Kantésque. He is on my teamsheet every game.

Maybe we could drop Albrighton and play Iborra for a 3 man midfield.

First half was good, should have been two or three clear. 

First Twenty minutes of the second half I don’t know where we were. Set piece goal again FFS!

A lot of effort with nothing to show for it after that. 

Silva and Diabate looked at home. Only assume Silva was tiring else there was no way I would have taken him off. 

People convinced we'd win it with Mahrez are unreasonable. Firstly Mahrez always blows hot and cold so the chance he would be brilliant is the same as the chance he would be shit. Secondly there's no guarantee he would give 100% for the team in the first place as he's a confidence player. Thirdly this is no Man in the High Castle.

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Disagree. The Everton game yes will have been impacted by Mahrez, but not today. We Should have been 3-0 up at ht and then just didn't turn up second half. We have more than enough quality to beat teams like Swansea without Mahrez and we have to move on and from this whole thing and stop using it as an excuse. If the players are really annoyed about Mahrez's actions then they should have shown that tofay by destroying Swansea and showing him we don't need him. 

That's what I was hoping for but it does'nt always work like that. Most of us are still reeling from what happened 4 days ago so you have to imagine it must be even more surreal for the rest of the players..

I agree we have to move on and show we don't need Mahrez. But it will take time and we could have both been sat here now talking about how, with 40 points, we really would be knocking on the door of Europe. It's the principle of the thing and whilst we've got to try to be as positive as possible, Mahrez's behaviour (perhaps Guardiola should also take some blame) has almost certainly cost us a place in Europe and probably the top half, come the season's end.

34 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Definitely 2 points dropped, game should've been over before half time.

So many long balls/crosses into the box in that second half, shame we got rid of both our target men. 

Cant remember many going over the first defender though

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wilf and silva are the future of our starting midfield - there really isn’t a discussion to be had about it 

Not Wilf. He has good potential, but he needs to learn how to control the ball first, then dribble, then pass. Iborra or James plus Silva.

1 minute ago, Gerbold said:

No excuse needed! I think we need to distance ourselves from any thought of Mahrez - even if he comes back he's going to be a walking sore. The team looked very good except for a silly goal and ten-fifteen minutes where Swansea applied pressure. We pressurised them for the rest of the game. Diabate and Iheanacho are quick and clever enough - it's just a matter of them 'bedding in'. N'Didi was magnificent again. There's the basis of a fine team there. I thought Puel was brave to put another forward on late in the match. We have to trust that he will develop the potential that's there. This is a difficult time for the team - they need to settle down again.

Yeh totally agree. Puel will be planning for life without him anyway and even though Diabate wasn't amazing today, the experience will do him good and it's clear to see we have a talented player once he gets settled in. We have a good team and decent back ups in most positions, just need to get back on track (probably after the city game) and get back to winning ways. Still in the fa cup and Still have a great chance of finishing 7th, so it's not all doom and gloom just because one player has thrown a tantrum!

• Like 2