Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

As soon as Ndidi's goal was disallowed you could see this result coming a mile off. Missed the goal as my stream cut out, but I'm not surprised by what I'm hearing. Set pieces are a massive weakness, and a worry.

Bright spots were that Nacho and Vardy worked well together at times, Ndidi was excellent, Dragovic and Maguire play well together in open play and Silva looked really good until he tired. Can't wait until he's fully up-to-speed with the league.

Bit shit.

We were quality in the 1st half, looked really good - although it might have been a case of them making us look so good, wasted our chances, didn't take them.

2nd half, pretty shit, average, whether they got a bollocking and came out better in the 2nd is quite possible which is why I suggest they made us look good in the 1st half.

Pretty annoyed, I accepted the loss to Everton given the circumstances and refrained from posting after that match, given they are 4-0 down at half time to Arsenal in hindsight it should have probably been viewed as unexceptable.

I know Swansea have improved recently but given the 1st half showing the game should have been dead and buried. Must do better!

Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Positives to take from the game.

We didnt lose

Excellent 1st half

Ihenacho is turning into the player we thought he would be, and has shown he can play with Vardy.

Diabate looks to be a great find

We are not Everton (currently losing 4-0 to Arsenal at HT.)

To be fair after the week we have just had i was expecting a draw. Just dissapointed after the 1st half display we didn't get the win.

1st half we played really well. Just a mad 20 minutes and defending of set plays that let us down.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

?

in terms of the europa league I think we are for more likely to be able to finish 7th than win a cup competition that still has Man City man u spurs and Chelsea still in it.

Not that we should right the cup of, we have enough to compete on two fronts.

I'll be very very surprised if we finish 7th.

5 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I've no idea really.

And to take Silva off for him who was magnificent in the first half was bizarre.

A really odd substitution, Iborra is a better player than him but Claude seems to love him.

Silva was out on his feet. He’d had it. Probably not played in a 2 very much. I’m thinking we’d be better playing a 3 Man mid now tbh

• Like 3

1 minute ago, funkyrobot said:

Silva was out on his feet. He’d had it. Probably not played in a 2 very much. I’m thinking we’d be better playing a 3 Man mid now tbh

Sadly there seems to be a clause written into every City manager's contract that starting a game with 3 in midfield is a sackable offence.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, foxes67 said:

I had 5 live on way back from KP.

Swans manager interviewed he said last 10 mins he felt they could of won.

was he watching a different game..

Nope, thats a very fair comment. We weren't going to score and carving out one chance could have been enough for them.

Very frustrating.

Loads of positives, though. Nacho is so much better than I thought he was and would be. 

If I'm honest, I was half expecting a defeat today, with the week we've had - Riyad and the stinker on Wednesday, added to Swansea's good form.

Difficult to be happy with the result after such a great first half, though. We were so good to watch until half time. 

Got to look on the bright side. I think we've got a really good manager, and I think we will improve under him.

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Mahrez can **** himself, I’d rather finish 16th than involve him again; I want to see him held and hindered until the end of his contract, see who wants him then. 

That does none of us any good. But I can see it going that way unfortunately, he needs to get rid of those around him quickly and get his head back on straight, if he refuses to play and remains AWOL he'll lose half a season and I doubt many top clubs will take a punt if he shows that bad an attitude, nor does he have the World Cup to get a move.

7 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Ill be far more surprised if we win the fa cup ?

Why? They are pretty even probability-wise I reckon.

We don't even know if 7th will be enough for the summer invitational Europa league preliminaries, why would we not prioritise silverware and a more assured place in Europe? Not sure what point you're trying to make. 

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We don't even know if 7th will be enough for the summer invitational Europa league preliminaries, why would we not prioritise silverware and a more assured place in Europe? Not sure what point you're trying to make. 

Ealing- Your post count isn't high enough to be allowed a differing opinion mate, you are flogging a dead horse chap!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

What would the sense be in that, beyond self-gratification?

The club gets less money for him.

The club also misses out on the talent that he has on the pitch.

Mahrez sees his career flounder.

Practically everyone loses, apart from the subset of fans who want their pound of flesh.

One thing I’ll guarantee is no player would ever behave like this again. 

34 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Positives to take from the game.

We didnt lose

Excellent 1st half

Ihenacho is turning into the player we thought he would be, and has shown he can play with Vardy.

Diabate looks to be a great find

We are not Everton (currently losing 4-0 to Arsenal at HT.)

To be fair after the week we have just had i was expecting a draw. Just dissapointed after the 1st half display we didn't get the win.

Great post, and I agree with you.

To reach the next level we have to turn as dominant a performance as we had in that first 45 into wrapping up a game. Give the team more time to play with one another and it will happen. We were also lacking a 65M rated player today and even if he ends up not playing for us again, it would be the first position we'd look to reinvest in come the summer. This season for me is a transition season where I expect inconistency from the team. Our style of play has evolved, and we've succesfully intergrated new players into the team so we are moving in the right direction. I thought Dragovic was outstanding today, and Silva very good especially in the first half. Nacho deserves credit as that's the first time in a Premier League game for us where he's looked like a 25M player.

Also remember that even during our title win we had games like this, such as the 0-0 against Bournemouth and a 1-1 draw against Villa. So as frustrating a result as today was, it's not the end of the world. Compare this game to the 1-1 versus West Brom at home earlier in the season. In that game we got the same amount of points as today but looked garbage for 90 minutes. Today had many of us gushing over the team after the first 45, so there is definite progression there. Personally if I continue to see that, and enjoy the football and effort our team puts in, then I am relatively happy!

Also FWIW I thought our offside goal was harsh as the player offside was not interfering with play throughout the passage of play that led to the goal. And at 2-0 we would have been home and dry.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We would be wise not to right off the league for the sake of the fa cup is my point. 7th will be enough besides us and teams left in it in top six you can't really see a winner. Burnley Everton both gone along with numerous other top flight clubs.

As I say surely we have enough in the squad to compete on Two fronts and the idea our league season is over is simply not true.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

One thing I’ll guarantee is no player would ever behave like this again. 

I would beg to differ - I'm sure there's more than one example of this happening before and it not stopping player behaviour of this type.

It just seems totally counterproductive to me beyond satiating the desire of some fans to see "punishment", and in the long term it isn't a good thing for the club, which comes first in this regard.

• Like 1

We weren't going to win that game of the bench today.

Silva still can't go 90'. Puel probably doesn't want Iheancho to go 90' either. But I don't take issue with his substitution. That's 2 subs already. Then when we needed a target man off the bench we had Okazaki instead. 2 summer signings aren't match fit in February and no big men bench because we shipped both of them out during the window.

43 minutes ago, Livid said:

I’m going to whisper this but Mahrez may just have produced a little bit of magic to have broken through their defence in the last 20 minutes. 

We got in some good positions but I can’t remember Fabianski having to make a save.

Where the f*%k, was He against Palace,,Watford,and other Games where we lost Points!!!

Some utter crap,being posted on todays Game.Still negative,downer Posts.

Not Just for Mahrez's Position, but the Team,and the subs,we're Set Up totally different

Today. We Seen Puel Change,our approach. This side was the 1st time they played together,

But, you could See the players  and  Touchline wanted it today..what a shift from Fuchs.

I enjoyed today,I am excited for the future,because we have a squad that performs,unlike

One year ago.We are Not stuck on Plan A,then A1. Puel/Appleton have/are showing us,there

are some great days ahead...with or without Mahrez.

Posters can fking grind their  miserery and negative heads Into the ground,but I Seen another

Story unfold today, I seen 3 new players get their real 1st starts,I Seen the team give their all.

I am watching the seasons new manager and His lieutenants,Take the Moment..

We made that one mistake....but we didnt let it Drift,we tried, we used the flanks,we tried the

Middle,Swansea Just Held on,but defended Well.  Today this new Design and model off the

Block,just didnt quite have the answer,but I Saw more positives,and If it has to be Mahrez

can stay,play,or move on.I Saw a group of players,who can do well without him,they shown

their own future potential might just have more to say.

This ist a new group,being rebuilt,Support it,dont over analyse every Single Moment,

there are more things to come..Forget you are miserable east-midlanders for once

and be positive,a few new doors we're opened today..

• Like 2