Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

7 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

There's been a lot more strident reactive anger on this forum than your "ranting" :)!

I guess the players would deny being affected but, both consciously and unconsciously, the situation has bound to have unsettled fans and players. I just wonder what the results would have been were he sidelined with injury. I wouldn't personally go as far as to say it's cost us five points but this fiasco has had a significant negative effect.

That's the thrust of my feelings really. It's just about safe to say we won't go down - 2 more wins and we'll be ok - but the fallout from this "fiasco" as you rightly call it is going to make for a nervous next few weeks.

I'm going to be interested to see how Puel deals with things... Really starting to like the glimpses of his brand of football, though that was before the recent events.
:sweating:

5 minutes ago, SaffronDom said:

My view isn't going to be that of the masses in guessing but... I hope Mahrez NEVER puts on our wonderful shirt again! I hope he now sits on his backside until the end of the season having NO INPUT in to our squad wether it be first team or the 23's as anyone who doesn't have the heart and desire to give their all for a club that's given them EVERYTHING isn't somebody who deserves to gain anything from that club. No one player is bigger and better than ANY CLUB worldwide and the sooner that scumbag realises it the better. I was at the lights where the crossover from filbert way/aylestone rd was before and he walked in front of my car at the lights and waved and smiled to me (2 years ago), now I doubt he would bother to lift his head whatsoever... And now the feelings mutual as if it turned green id lift the clutch up. I'm furious with his attitude towards US the club who has made him who he is. I genuinely hope more of you foxes fans are gonna stop worshiping him and turn that idolisation into worshiping the club as a whole instead of idolising someone who has mo love and respect for us lot.

You're thinking with your heart, but if mahrez plays, helps get us a European place us win the FA cup whilst keeping the clubs interested in him, surely you'd buy that. I want him gone but he is brilliant, makes us a better side so I'd rather use him whilst we've got him

In a final twist of fate he'll be back to score the winner against Man City in the cup final - revenge for '69 - before leaving to join Arsenal in the final weeks of next window when Aubameyang has gone AWOL over the refusal to sell him to Pep. 

15 minutes ago, SaffronDom said:

My view isn't going to be that of the masses in guessing but... I hope Mahrez NEVER puts on our wonderful shirt again! I hope he now sits on his backside until the end of the season having NO INPUT in to our squad wether it be first team or the 23's as anyone who doesn't have the heart and desire to give their all for a club that's given them EVERYTHING isn't somebody who deserves to gain anything from that club. No one player is bigger and better than ANY CLUB worldwide and the sooner that scumbag realises it the better. I was at the lights where the crossover from filbert way/aylestone rd was before and he walked in front of my car at the lights and waved and smiled to me (2 years ago), now I doubt he would bother to lift his head whatsoever... And now the feelings mutual as if it turned green id lift the clutch up. I'm furious with his attitude towards US the club who has made him who he is. I genuinely hope more of you foxes fans are gonna stop worshiping him and turn that idolisation into worshiping the club as a whole instead of idolising someone who has mo love and respect for us lot.

Wish we'd just asked for £65m in cash and sold him tbh 

Id like to see the disallowed goal again.Saw the flag but didn't look anything like offside from our view which was pretty good.

We were reduced to crosses late on but they have to be a lot better and put players in there .Gray guilty of expecting the ball to pass through three players to reach the back post

Entirely predictable outcome. I think it was one of them days to be honest. First half we should've been at least 2 or 3 up but that's always the risk when you don't actually get the goals. Sure enough Swansea score from more non-league level set piece defending from us and we have no way of breaking them down late on as we lack the creativity of Mahrez, and stick about a hundred crosses to players who won't win them. I do think it was probably an error getting rid of both Slimani and Ulloa.

We should've won but that's another two dropped following the shambles on Wednesday where we've clearly lost to an abysmal side if you look at the goings on at the Emirates.

A bad day for us.

• Like 1

Referee very accommodating for Swansea but we didn't do enough. Created nothing second half and appeared to run out of ideas very early. Again I'll be really disappointed if we weren't looking for players during the window, there's so much mediocrity making our 18 every week. Mahrez plays and we win that, infuriating. If we were showing real ambition and trying to bring in quality then maybe he wouldnt be so pissed off.

Reality is we are a very average team with a few good players. You can't rely on us to take the chances we need to take and we'll always offer up a golden chance to score. We don't get a lot of luck either so it just isn't hard to get a result against us.

15 minutes ago, SaffronDom said:

leave him alone 

every one dealing with mahrez has become expert, psychologist , psychanalist, nutritionist , stylist , and even criminologist and profiler 

mzhrez is professional happy to play for Leicester and enjoying the games and the was hoping that a move will happen , eventually , in the summer . but the late interest of pep and man city and the 65 m bid had an affect on him and we live it's aftermaths 

and I believe that a real offer for McGuire will make him do a drinkwater and any offer for ndidi will make do a Kante 

every player had ambitions et this is what they live for as footballers 

finally I didn't see or heard his teammates putting their performances upon him they are professionals and men enough to get at the level of duty

• Like 1

It’s ok saying we’d have won it with Mahrez but we didn’t have him and we will have to get used to not having him as the writing was on the wall in the summer when he handed in a transfer request . There is no doubts about how good he is but it is clear to see he has basically just been playing for himself the last two seasons . Last season he was poor for most of it and got better towards the end when he then put in s transfer request . He was then poor at the beginning of this season and didn’t look interested then he started to pick up and look like his old self and people put it down to just coming back into form . But there was another window coming up which yet again if rumours are true he then puts in another transfer request .Doesnt take a genius to work the patten out . I have absolutely no doubt that if he does come back into the squad he will play poorly and just blame it on depression or lack of form . Unfortunately as much as I love Mahrez he has become like a leg that  has gangrene,  you know you have to cut it off before it spreads to save  yourself but at the same time you just don’t want to lose  your leg as it is part of you 

I’m going to whisper this but Mahrez may just have produced a little bit of magic to have broken through their defence in the last 20 minutes. 

We got in some good positions but I can’t remember Fabianski having to make a save.

Edited by Livid

31 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Kasper where the **** were you once again for a corner a few yds out in the middle of the goal.

He IS a liability 

He's not a liability, but this aspect of his game is weak. Anything along the 6 yard box must be the keepers. Punch it if need be, but dominate your area. He clearly gets great coaching from our top of the range goalkeeper coach!!

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I hope Puel will agree that our league season is effectively over and we now need to throw everything at the cup.

?

in terms of the europa league I think we are for more likely to be able to finish 7th than win a cup competition that still has Man City man u spurs and Chelsea still in it.

Not that we should right the cup of, we have enough to compete on two fronts.

• Like 1

Won't go down well on here cos he gets a bloody easy ride, and he's not really at fault for the result today but Matt James is not a great player. Really not who you want to see coming on to the pitch at 1-1, bizarre substitution.

Can someone explain to me what he actually does? To think how many people on here reckon he was actually better than Drinkwater, laughable stuff.

A very frustrating draw..

Great double save from there keeper tbh but should of been out of sight

by half time.

Is it me or does are keeper never dominate is 6 yard box should of at least

came for a punch out for the goal..

Mahrez about time you turned up for work i went at 6 this morning finished at 2 

then down match and i earn peanuts....:rolleyes:

I know Simmo has great defensive qualities but against a team like Swansea where you are going to have possession and be expected to attack, he doesn’t offer enough going forward. Diabaté could’ve done with help. Too often Simmo got the ball and shuffled it sideways to Dragovic. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

He was most certainly better first half as everyone else was…. I only recall one duff pass in the second period

lost control for the midfield?  A harsh assessment !

He’s physically capable and can handle himself quite well in my view

As for the change being a good one?  We didn’t win, so, I can’t share that assessment either!

we’ll probably have to agree to disagree on this one

For what its worth, I thought he was great, and think he's a top quality player. I have a feeling that over time he will end up being one of our best ever technical midfielders.

But I could see the logic in bringing him off from from what I posted before. Agree it was harsh!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Won't go down well on here cos he gets a bloody easy ride, and he's not really at fault for the result today but Matt James is not a great player. Really not who you want to see coming on to the pitch at 1-1, bizarre substitution.

Can someone explain to me what he actually does? To think how many people on here reckon he was actually better than Drinkwater, laughable stuff.

I've no idea really.

And to take Silva off for him who was magnificent in the first half was bizarre.

A really odd substitution, Iborra is a better player than him but Claude seems to love him.

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Based on what?

We are a point behind 7th and it's unlikely that should we get to the final that we would  beat Man City

Based on the fact we won't go down and that whilst we are still in the cup it doesn't matter who comes 7th.

We won't come 7th by the way.

Guest seanfox778

Was buzzing at half time, thought the team looked great. God knows what happened to them during that 15 minute interval. Would’ve made a good Twilight Zone episode.