Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Stoke post match 1-1

The general gist of the threads so far seem to be that the appaling way we are playing is due to poor team selection and tactics and that must be CP's fault. As the weeks go by our beloved club are getting worse in terms of performance, effort and guile. Today was truely dreadful. I mentioned in a post some time ago that this current state of affairs reminds me of the time Peter Taylor  was in charge, great start but tailed off disastrously. To sum up not to play Silva/Iborra/Amartey/Drago seems strange, while Kaspar has quickly regressed into someone who lacks confidance and ability. With Mahrez certain to leave in the summer we should all be afraid. Very afraid.

• Like 2

Gonna be very contradictory here but that sums the game up I guess.

Awful, disgraceful, frustrating is how I describe that game.

However we probably could and should have won.

Then to be even more contradictory on that a 0-0 would have summed that game up.

Basically we were by far the better team in the 1st half but where it counted it was disgusting how poor we were in the final touch and if they hasn’t scored late in the 1st half I honestly believe it would have been the 0-0, neither team wanted it.

They scored and we came out in the 2nd half ****ing awful, disgraceful. We gave it go when we got desperate, got a goal and then just accepted a draw.

Very annoyed and frustrated.

Edited by Matt

Well boy, I'm glad we had Morgan back in that defence. We certainly looked more solid, right @themightyfin?

Should have won. Hit the post 3 times and a world class save, with a class block. Can feel bad about how fragile we were, but we should have had 3 points there.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

I would not have started with James, Chilwell, Morgan and Gray? ( James and Chilwell  Championship Players ) Bench them Puel , felt for Vardy no service, why no Iborro and Silva, if Puel wants to play possession football why not play them, to many of our players were passing the ball back. Morgan didn't have a clue what to do! We lacked direction from the players and Manager today

2 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I really do think the Man City/Mahrez fiasco has altered this season for us.

The last 2 years, we've repeatedly gotten stuck in a mental rut whenever something negative within the club occurs, and find it nigh on impossible to get out of it.

That's not glossing over the poor performances of James, Gray and Mahrez of course. But it has a lot to do with things in my view.

rot had set in a little before then 

Just now, Nigel Graham Pearson said:

He works his balls off every time, there’s no doubt about that. And yes, him whacking the ball at Butland got us a point. 

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t crap. He was crap. 

He played in 2 different positions, never stopped running all day and got us our goal. The only people who could blame him for today are people who decided everything was his fault before the game started.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Becoming quite the habit to play shit for 75 mins then start

changes too late

13 points from 36

new manager bounce over

Three points, worth noting

No doubt the chances created in the final 10mins will ensure Merc & RL give Puel an easy ride

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

Because they were total shit. Everyone of them went to a Stoke player or the two players Albrighton and Mahrez lost the ball playing it to each other. I'm not sure the last time I saw us with so much possession from these two players where every ball was wasted. At least Albrighton played some defence.

Poor performance and attackingly it's down to the poor delivery of the ball by these two.

Your correct in the amount of crosses/corners were wasted.

We must have one of the worst conversion rates on corners/free kicks in an attacking sence.

Im struggling to see the point of having all the balls put into the box when we are aiming at a lone striker in Vardy, and we rarely have any midfielders breaking a gut to get in the box (corners aside)

Slimani or Ulloa would have thrived on a day like today with the amount of crosses/corners we had.

Stoke are probably one of the better teams at defending this sort of ariel threat and they had it cleared with relative ease most times.

If it was the other way round and we took that sort of bombardment I’m sure we would have conceded at the very least 2 goals.

Silva would have been bullied off the pitch had he started the game today. James the right call IMO.

I thought Puel had given up on Gray entirely, maybe he gave him one last chance today (hopefully). But it should have been Diabate from the start.

Dragovic for Morgan and Amartey for Simpson please. Though I think Puel might drop Morgan but not Simpson.

Jakupovic finally made it to second choice keeper! Kasper still dreadfully off form.

• Like 2

Probably going to reiterate what the majority are saying on here, but I just cant get my head around this whole Matty James thing, he seems like a decent lad and I hate singling players out; He doesn't do much wrong, however he doesn't create anything or have a positive impact in any way whatsoever. So much talent on the bench watching a Championship player making up the numbers, Puel was at fault in his team selection for this one. Lads that came off the bench looked exciting and more like us, however we wasted 70 mins today and cost us 2 points.

• Like 2