Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Stoke post match 1-1

I just can't get over how bad Puel's tactical decision making skills are, everyone could clearly see how poorly Matty James was playing, with Silva and Iborra both sat on the bench, I just don't understand how he couldn't see that making that change would have improved us

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

Wow. Overreaction is real around here...

We are a bit shot on confidence and both Swansea and Stoke lucked out for their points here. It is very frustrating, but thats football sometimes. Heads up guys, we do have a pretty decent team.

But I must wonder if we ever train or at least talk about set pieces, because we can't defend them in most games and we sure as hell aren't very dangerous when we have them.

We do have a decent team but lots of them are sat on the bench. Puel needs to sort it the **** out. We are 10 points off he bottom 3 (extra game played) which is by no means safety and the way we are playing we need to watch it. Stoke are possibly the worst team in the league outside of WBA

Edited by Fox 4 Life
  • Like 1

Just now, SecretPro said:

Are you going to forgive Albrighton though? Because his were just as if not more terrible. 

Albrighton is a shocking player sometimes. Luckily him ****ing up a cross led to the goal. He'll get no stick on here though for wasting so many chances and trying to shoot when he has no shooting ability.

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

if youre gonna take all the set pieces in a game, then maybe make them count 

a lot of the time they wasnt making it past the near post 

13 corners is a hell of a lot not to trouble the GK

90% of them were two times set pieces with the result we all know. Set pieces are a big problem for this team and making one player responsible for these shambles is ridiculous. Find a better scapegoat.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Are you going to forgive Albrighton though? Because his were just as if not more terrible. 

Mahrez took the majority of them and from previous games I reckon albrighton is a better set piece taker than mahrez. Mahrez is a very talented player but hitting a dead ball is not part of that talent and he has to accept that. He takes pretty much all the free kicks in scoring positions but I struggle to remember him scoring a single one. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 49er said:

Why did James play ahead of Iborra and Silva?

I mentioned in another thread (and recall getting a sarcastic response from @Colourmy) that I'm privy to very little ITK knowledge, but the coaching staff rate James very very highly. Silva and Iborra have alot of work to do to displace him. As in, they think James is better.

negative setup at home terrible performance.

I hate stoke by far the dirtiest team to ever play in the prem how the **** they had 11 players on the pitch today is beyond me.

start a game with shit players get a shit result.

overall poor performance players should give 50% of there wages to charity because they certainly didn't earn them this week.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Albrighton had a decent game, simpson and morgan did nothing wrong neither did James. Players like Mahrez and gray were far worse but everyone just hates on the same people regardless of performance. 

Just fcking lol.

• Like 2

Cant let them off for that, absolute caca until we changed the formation and we nearly lost to a very poor team.

Main issue for me is Centre Mid, think we're using James there because we need some one to impose himself in there and its either James or Iborra for that and Matty is somehow ahead. I mean James does have patches where he does physically marshal the other team and isnt bad at spreading play and organising but he comes in and out of the game and offensively has never really offered anything at this level, that woddle around the six yard box when the ball was bouncing around just showed he hasnt got the instinct to be in that position. Gray was useless again, Albrighton looked bolloxed chasing back in the end and dont even get me started on Kasper's distribution ect. Anyways centre mid is where we need to fix up mainly in my opinion, we were lofting it up to a deep set defence with nothing but pace and technical players up there, couldnt play it through and when we did find space to play they'd foul us(which the ref let continue really, a clear tactic).

I don't want to see a performance like that first 70 again, should be better than that

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

90% of them were two times set pieces with the result we all know. Set pieces are a big problem for this team and making one player responsible for these shambles is ridiculous. Find a better scapegoat.

No ill pick the person taking the corners thanks

just like how they would get credit if it was a good one

7 minutes ago, FIF said:

2 points given away.

Mehrez had more touches today than Vardy in a season. Every time he touched it I thought this is it. So disappointing.

James did okay and that header was unlucky.

Chilwell marked Shaqiri very well.

Ndidi had a poor game for once

Simpson - hope it's the last we see of him, would rather have Albrighton there

Morgan, showed why we should play dragovic, more skill and doesn't dither with the ball.

Maguire was okay

Albrighton had a lot of the ball but did little more than Mehrez with it.

Gray didn't see much of the ball but ran back on defence.

Vardy didn't see much of the ball

Really this game was all Mahrez and he wasn't on song.

Absolutely nothing on for him while Gray was on, while Albrighton was higher up, while Vardy was easily handled by Zouma

Until Butland's og after great Mahrez pass & Albrighton smash, Stoke had one of their easiest games of the season

Bizarre starting 11

Lethargic players lacking urgency, yet again.

Bad non-penetrative possession tactics

Gray, Simpson & others are absolute crap

Puel should have a lot to answer for and just what does he feed to the players pre-game & at HT, sleeping pills?

Edited by cc_star

2 wins from 11.

A very bleak day. Up there with hull 3 years ago.

What was Claude thinking with that team?

James isn't the way forward. Morgan did OK but the dragon was worth starting.

Gray looks like he  isn't going to cut the mustard for us. 

We were unlucky not to get a 2nd goal but it wouldn't have been deserved overall.

A serious wake up call.a lot of soul searching to be done by the club.