Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox 4 Life

Stoke post match 1-1

Disappointed with team selection. I like Puel but what is he doing.. seriously. Wants us to be a possession team and plays players incapable of it. 

Had we started with the team we finished with, I reckon we would have won. 

Silva will want to leave come Summer. We **** up 3 months of his career and then play him behind Matty James, who doesn't really have any qualities in this league. James and Ndidi offer nothing going forward and it was against Stoke who are shit and concede for fun.

Simpson and Gray shouldn't start again this season. Simpson needs binning as soon as possible. Gray can go back to his 10 minute cameos. 

Edited by lgfualol
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Yeah, or we'll be... 3 whole points behind them.

But cannot really see a win from anywhere - so 3 might be too much anyway. And we have nothing to do in Europe with our performances of recently - we´d be an embarassement

2 points given away.

Mehrez had more touches today than Vardy in a season. Every time he touched it I thought this is it. So disappointing.

James did okay and that header was unlucky.

Chilwell marked Shaqiri very well.

Ndidi had a poor game for once

Simpson - hope it's the last we see of him, would rather have Albrighton there

Morgan, showed why we should play dragovic, more skill and doesn't dither with the ball.

Maguire was okay

Albrighton had a lot of the ball but did little more than Mehrez with it.

Gray didn't see much of the ball but ran back on defence.

Vardy didn't see much of the ball

Really this game was all Mahrez and he wasn't on song.

Few good performances really. Maguire was our best player. No real complaints about Morgan either. Chilwell is a bombscare, Simpson has no composure going forward. Kasper is out of form badly and has no competition, perhaps needs a new challenge? Albrighton was never going to have much of an offensive impact in a game like this, crosses into the box were fruitless; of course he pulls some small credit back for the goal, albeit that was a ****ing disgusting cross that only went in because Butland had a mare. Gray was anonymous and really needs to rethink the direction his career is going. Mahrez, much as he was off his game, was involved in most of our best stuff. James is what he is, average, and Ndidi demonstrated the lack of authority in the centre of the park which makes a move to a big club a long way from being a smart move. What those two were doing for Stoke's goal I don't know. Vardy looked off his best, caught on his heels a few times, and it's a disgrace that we haven't brought on a viable alternative to him at number 9.

Frustrating to say the least. Lacked creativity, just aimless cross after aimless cross - why Puel didn't change much and stuck with James I don't know.

Probably deserved the points mind, they scored their only shot, butland made an excellent save, hit the post twice and zouma made an excellent recovering tackle on mahrez

Just now, FIF said:

2 points given away.

Mehrez had more touches today than Vardy in a season. Every time he touched it I thought this is it. So disappointing.

James did okay and that header was unlucky.

Chilwell marked Shaqiri very well.

Ndidi had a poor game for once

Simpson - hope it's the last we see of him, would rather have Albrighton there

Morgan, showed why we should play dragovic, more skill and doesn't dither with the ball.

Maguire was okay

Albrighton had a lot of the ball but did little more than Mehrez with it.

Gray didn't see much of the ball but ran back on defence.

Vardy didn't see much of the ball

Really this game was all Mahrez and he wasn't on song.

Wow. You watched a different game to me. Blaming Mahrez is laughable. 

• Like 4

Wow. Overreaction is real around here...

We are a bit shot on confidence and both Swansea and Stoke lucked out for their points here. It is very frustrating, but thats football sometimes. Heads up guys, we do have a pretty decent team.

But I must wonder if we ever train or at least talk about set pieces, because we can't defend them in most games and we sure as hell aren't very dangerous when we have them.

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

It seems very popular for people to scapegoat james regardless. I actually thought he played well today comapered to the likes of gray. Mahrez needs to be taken off set pieces as well, he wastes pretty much everyone of them. 

Are you going to forgive Albrighton though? Because his were just as if not more terrible. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Morgan. Simpson. Albrighton. James. Laters. Let's play footballers if we plan to play football

Albrighton had a decent game, simpson and morgan did nothing wrong neither did James. Players like Mahrez and gray were far worse but everyone just hates on the same people regardless of performance. 

• Like 2