Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unabomber

Your last Pint?

17 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Nice one. I have been spending a fair bit in my local bottle shop but they don’t get any Deya in. Also it is cheaper to buy from these online places.

Yeh and you don't need to buy a case of 6 of the same beer like on the DEYA site. 

Are there any other breweries you look out for? I've been really impressed with Pamona Island and Polly's Brew Co.

49 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh and you don't need to buy a case of 6 of the same beer like on the DEYA site. 

Are there any other breweries you look out for? I've been really impressed with Pamona Island and Polly's Brew Co.

I have had a few from Polly’s recently which I have loved. Best I have had over the last few weeks have prob been from Verdant. Brew York go big or stay home TIPA was class. Also had a beer from Pentrich last weekend called Dream, Dream, Dreaming and that was up there so going to get more from them.

Not had anything from Pamona Island before so will look out for them. 

42 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I have had a few from Polly’s recently which I have loved. Best I have had over the last few weeks have prob been from Verdant. Brew York go big or stay home TIPA was class. Also had a beer from Pentrich last weekend called Dream, Dream, Dreaming and that was up there so going to get more from them.

Not had anything from Pamona Island before so will look out for them. 

Verdant and Polly (think they used to be called Loca Polly) are excellent.

Going to go to The Offy tonight, never been and looked on their website earlier. Pray for my bank account.

19 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh PremierHop and Beer Hideout are both good. I luckily live down the road from a bottleshop that get all the new DEYA in a few days after it's available on their website. 

Think I'm going to check out the brewery soon though, looks great!

Cotteridge?

37 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Verdant and Polly (think they used to be called Loca Polly) are excellent.

Going to go to The Offy tonight, never been and looked on their website earlier. Pray for my bank account.

Let us know what you get. I got a good haul of Belgian/German beers from there the other week but they have a good selection of U.K. beers too.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Anyone else walk in one of these beer shops and only half way round and about 10 beers in your hand before you remember to start checking prices? Every time.

The Offie is a bit good isn’t it, will post of haul later as I’m picking up a Crafty.

You are living the dream today!

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Got some bloody gelato for pudding as well didn’t I but didn’t want to make anyone jealous.

Crafty and Gelato Village are two unreal spots. Shame some of the units are revolving doors at St Martin’s Square because it could be world class.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Crafty and Gelato Village are two unreal spots. Shame some of the units are revolving doors at St Martin’s Square because it could be world class.

If there were a few decent bars and bottle shops/taprooms there it would be amazing.

• Like 1

So I got a few of the Belgian fruit beers because they are tasty. Then got a Deya Dust my broom which the guy who worked there nearly refused to let me leave with, La Chouffe, some Raspberry sour and that was about it I think.

Will definitely be back there, can see how Brewklopedia went bust when this place sells some decent priced Belgian stuff as well as expensive craft stuff. So much choice.

8 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

So I got a few of the Belgian fruit beers because they are tasty. Then got a Deya Dust my broom which the guy who worked there nearly refused to let me leave with, La Chouffe, some Raspberry sour and that was about it I think.

Will definitely be back there, can see how Brewklopedia went bust when this place sells some decent priced Belgian stuff as well as expensive craft stuff. So much choice.

Sounds good, you had Kasteel rouge? That’s my favourite Belgian fruit beer. Love La Chouffe too not had it in a while will have to pick some up for when I’m on holiday.

Just now, Unabomber said:

Sounds good, you had Kasteel rouge? That’s my favourite Belgian fruit beer. Love La Chouffe too not had it in a while will have to pick some up for when I’m on holiday.

No mate I don’t think I’ve tried that, will keep an eye out for that. 

Yeah I’ve not had it since Taps closed I bet.

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

Apologies for posting a US brew; but having seen your raves for Titanic Plum Porter, I had to share this.  Plum Tuckered-Out Porter from Hoppin’ Frog (an hour down the road) at an ABV just a hair short of 17 percent.

Silky and rich … maybe a hint of booze at the end, but where the hell did they hide that SEVENTEEN percent?  Is there any ale or barleywine this strong sold in the UK?

FrogPlum.JPG.890effcd1eeae9f5bcd1bb85a404d726.JPG

I had Tiny Rebel send me a 17% sour last year for entering some photo competition thing, that was an experience.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

North have played a blinder with this NEIPA. Perfect for the summer heat 😍 A real hoppy bastard

4BE25FD6-E421-4A80-A1EE-445AD8C8CD5A.jpeg

Looks great. I have another order coming from premier hop tomorrow can’t wait but will be saving them for my holiday.

• Like 1

Class as always from DEYA. Best I’ve had from their ‘Saturated In’ series. Simcoe is really interesting - piney at first but then it hits you with a tropical and juicy punch. Do any of you lot use Untappd? I’m snetuka on there. Feel free to add 

F15CF18F-3CC9-424D-BA0B-BA6FE8A977D0.jpeg

3 hours ago, VinceNoir said:

Class as always from DEYA. Best I’ve had from their ‘Saturated In’ series. Simcoe is really interesting - piney at first but then it hits you with a tropical and juicy punch. Do any of you lot use Untappd? I’m snetuka on there. Feel free to add 

F15CF18F-3CC9-424D-BA0B-BA6FE8A977D0.jpeg

Yeah untapped is brilliant to be fair, you know you are getting a GOAT if it’s above the 3.8 mark. 

La Chouffe for me tonight. In the words of that boring twat from Staind, it’s been a while.