Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Rondon gave Wes a bit of a torrid time for a while and he worked tirelessly with not much support.

The kind of Plan B we’d hoped Slimani or Ulloa would be.

Slimani is a better plan B than Fellaini even (who is good enough for Manure). If we can keep him.

Edited by trabuch

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Rondon gave Wes a bit of a torrid time for a while and he worked tirelessly with not much support.

The kind of Plan B we’d hoped Slimani or Ulloa would be.

Still reckon we shouldve kept chris wood.got a brace today and is better than both ulloa and slimani imo.

23 minutes ago, adamlcfcbevo85 said:

Forget the assist look at that goal do people realise how hard it is to finish like that 

Hes algerian.

only an algerian could look at that video and say Mahrez is the world class talent there, Its a measured knock over the top of a defensive line that's come off really well. Good ball that it is I doubt I'd be alone in this forum in saying I've done similar myself and I think it's safe to say I am not a world class footballer.

The finish on the other hand is world class.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Gray has made positive improvements in the last couple of games imo

He gets slated for not producing enough goals and assists, which means people expect great things from him because they know he has potential. Showed flashes of brilliance today, getting crosses in, albeit from a deflection forcing a great save, danced past 3 defenders into the box at one point. Isnt giving away the ball so much

This Diabate is awesome myth is gathering steam a bit prematurely, didnt do anything today but everyone says Gray had another shit game and Diabate showed him up

Gray was positive for us today, he will come good

Cant wait til he plays for another team and scores against us. At least when we concede I will have the satisfaction of how everyone on here said he will never be a footballer

Nah, mate. I'm ready to give him one more season as I'm not going to write him off yet. But seriously, when did one of his crosses, passes found someone in the last third? He's brainless when it comes to decision making. Diabate came one for 5 mins and got a wonderful cross to Vardy right after being subbed on. Can you tell the same about Gray?

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Special mention to Kasper for his crucial first half save. Wasn’t tested much for the rest of the game, but that save at the time was crucial to stopping the tides from turning. 

It was a fantastic, crucial save. He's still a borderline sociopath though. Jabbing his finger and gobbing off at just about everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smr said:

Still reckon we shouldve kept chris wood.got a brace today and is better than both ulloa and slimani imo.

Wouldn't rate him above slim but I have a lot of respect for him. He's had a tough time of it in his career, moving to a lot of clubs and not quite managing to push on. The fact he's stayed positive and kept working hard to get his chance in the prem is a credit to him. That screamer against Burnley - wow.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It was a fantastic, crucial save. He's still a borderline sociopath though. Jabbing his finger and gobbing off at just about everyone.

I think games Madley refs he gets even more riled up lol I remember a game not too long ago where Madley was fourth official and he was giving him a right bollocking lol  He’s never forgiven him for that Sterling offside goal 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Nah, mate. I'm ready to give him one more season as I'm not going to write him off yet. But seriously, when did one of his crosses, passes found someone in the last third? He's brainless when it comes to decision making. Diabate came one for 5 mins and got a wonderful cross to Vardy right after being subbed on. Can you tell the same about Gray?

A cross from Gray forced a finger tip save from the deflection off the defender. But fair enough. Have to agree to disagree on this one. Even though it hasnt clicked yet for Gray I still rate and back him

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hes algerian.

only an algerian could look at that video and say Mahrez is the world class talent there, Its a measured knock over the top of a defensive line that's come off really well. Good ball that it is I doubt I'd be alone in this forum in saying I've done similar myself and I think it's safe to say I am not a world class footballer.

It's neither one nor the other. Both fantastic. The combination is world class. (for example - I have scored world class goals from shit bounce around the edge of the box volleys that I have just hit perfect). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Hes algerian.

I think its safe to say both bits of play are world class

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, smr said:

The problem is none of them would get a look in with Vardy and they get fed up sitting on the bench!!

3 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

The problem is none of them would get a look in with Vardy and they get fed up sitting on the bench!!

Which brings us to Nacho. Can actually see today why some people thought of him as a number 10 when we bought him. Lovely passing and link up play today.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Gray will come good. Don't forget Marhez will likely be off in the summer so you'd assume gray will get a much better shot at it next season. I do worry about the sulking a bit, he needs to keep his feet on the ground and be patient. 

Thought he was a lot better today, still needs time the same could be said for Chilwell

Two wonderful over the top passes and well taken by both Vardy and Mahrez. 

Mahrez was brilliant and just wore them down with his constant movement and probing.

Iborra showed more of everything needed to be a success at this level. Comfortable on the Ball prepared to run with it and good passing to retail possession.

Morgan poor for the Goal but steady after that. Maguire steady and allowing Chilwell to get forward.

I have to talk about our passing. It was so much better than recent weeks and augers well for the future.

I just hope we show the desire to keep Mahrez by adding quality in the Summer.

19 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

West Brom pretty much nailed on to go down, with lots of off field issues, so from what your saying is, nothing really improved just a worse side, let’s just hope we have some confidence back, and play better against the better teams.

I’m in the mindset now we are safe, we are not good enough or consistent enough to take 7 th off a very organised Burnley, so expect very little now, and just hope puel buys better players in the summer, but cheers for the review of the game.

Things improved, the finishing most importantly and Iborra showed much more than James. Iheanacho excellent when he came on... hard to say if that was all mainly down to them being doggo! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Things improved, the finishing most importantly and Iborra showed much more than James. Iheanacho excellent when he came on... hard to say if that was all mainly down to them being doggo! 

The biggest plus was Iborra's willingness to get forward and effect play.

Edited by Clever Fox

10 minutes ago, trabuch said:

It's neither one nor the other. Both fantastic. The combination is world class. (for example - I have scored world class goals from shit bounce around the edge of the box volleys that I have just hit perfect). 

You see someone knock a straight measured 40 yard ball a lot more often than you see someone watch a straight measured 40 yard ball drop over their shoulder and bury it in the bottom corner first time from just inside the area.

The balls good the finish is ludicrous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never dissed James, but today Iborra did show he has the better composure of the 2 and has way better presence in the box. 

I just wonder if he had played in our last 2 games his height would have given us something more from the 100,000 corners we have had over late. I guess we will never know

Would be surprised if he isnt in the starting line up from now on, just hope he can be consistent. 

• Like 4