Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

17 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Still can't stress enough how good Vardy's goal was. Weak foot, rain and a (pin-point) 50 yards pass just effortlessly caressed to land in the opposite bottom corner. People just don't understand how difficult that shit is.

Reminds me of the Liverpool goal.

I think it was better than the Liverpool goal... And that' saying something!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Can we all just agree that Vardy is a better option for England than Kane? 

Sadly no, Vardy is pretty much a one-directional player, most of his goals coming from balls over the top which he runs onto. Yes, he scores close tap-ins fed by Okazaki or Mahrez (in the main), or the occasional header but, much as I hate to say it, Kane makes goals for himself as much as scoring from assists from Alli and Son and others. 

For me, Kane is a better fit for the usual England setup. Vardy could be an option if we need to try to score late on when opposition defenders are tired, but he's too easily sussed out at international level.

• Like 1

Without Vardy and Mahrez we are shite.

Glad Puel woke up and played Iborra, having nothing against James but he is a backup midfielder only. Morgan Is lucky to be in the side imo Dragovic deserves his place but will have to work for it.

all in all a good performance, let’s hope the team picks up some winning form we have some good games coming.

Just now, Parafox said:

Sadly no, Vardy is pretty much a one-directional player, most of his goals coming from balls over the top which he runs onto. Yes, he scores close tap-ins fed by Okazaki or Mahrez (in the main), or the occasional header but, much as I hate to say it, Kane makes goals for himself as much as scoring from assists from Alli and Son and others. 

For me, Kane is a better fit for the usual England setup. Vardy could be an option if we need to try to score late on when opposition defenders are tired, but he's too easily sussed out at international level.

What did I just read.

Vardy is class, scored some very very clever goals in tight situations. Given the chances Harry Kane is given he will look better. Yet Vardy has the better shots to goals ratio than him. Give Vardy then chances he will score too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Glad Puel woke up and played Iborra, having nothing against James but he is a backup midfielder only. Morgan Is lucky to be in the side imo Dragovic deserves his place but will have to work for it.

all in all a good performance, let’s hope the team picks up some winning form we have some good games coming.

There isn't a team in the world who's fans wouldn't say without our two best players we'd be shite. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

What did I just read.

Vardy is class, scored some very very clever goals in tight situations. Given the chances Harry Kane is given he will look better. Yet Vardy has the better shots to goals ratio than him. Give Vardy then chances he will score too. 

Okay. I'm no fan of the mouth-breather but what are the stats for his shots which result in goals ratio??

Having a better shots on goal ratio is not the same as a shots on goal that score ratio.

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

There isn't a team in the world who's fans wouldn't say without our two best players we'd be shite. 

True, we have to enjoy them while we can. I really hope we get into the Europa League, if only to keep the likes of Mahrez and Vardy for another season or two.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Okay. I'm no fan of the mouth-breather but what are the stats for his shots which result in goals ratio??

Having a better shots on goal ratio is not the same as a shots on goal that score ratio.

Wasn't there something the other week showing Vardy had the best conversion rate? Chance to goal ratio.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Waste of time dragovic working for it, he was patient, took his chance when it came along, and then dropped because a worse player in my opinion was fit again, he surely have no motivation to give 100%

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Don't think anyone ever got slated for saying "James shouldn't be in the team".  I imagine what irks people is more the "James is a shtfvck wnkerface mongcvnt bithamturd" kinda stuff.  X

lol that'll be it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It was a fantastic, crucial save. He's still a borderline sociopath though. Jabbing his finger and gobbing off at just about everyone.

I like to think I model my posting approach on his style.

• Haha 3

After his mistake, Chilwell grew into game and played well. 

Okasaki worked the defenders hard and Nacho was the ideal man to come on after 60. 

Defence was basically sound with Wes and Simmo doing what they do. Maguire was excellent. 

Iborra is such an improvement on James, you don't win three European trophies being a donkey. Thought Iborra helped improve Ndidi's game. 

Ok, Gray was poor, but he worked hard I suppose. 

Thought Vardy was immense, led the line brilliantly and his goal was exceptionally well taken. Mahrez was up for it and played well. 

Finally, a word for kasper, no chance with the goal, but looked a decent save later. Albrighton did ok. 

All in all, a brilliant away day and I still haven't see us lose at the hawthorns. Looks like I may never go there again, except for cup games! 

Hopefully puel learns two up top and a creative midfielder is the way forward. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You see someone knock a straight measured 40 yard ball a lot more often than you see someone watch a straight measured 40 yard ball drop over their shoulder and bury it in the bottom corner first time from just inside the area.

The balls good the finish is ludicrous.

Maybe, just maybe those "simple" passes aren't as easy to come by is you're making out to be.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes, and the reason is because we hat type of goal he scored today is world class and needs to be seen at a World Cup 

The problem is we're relying on Jake Livermore to make that pass and not Mahrez.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

It's a problem when they haven't got something to moan about Gerry, they're probably in a dark room rocking backwards and forwards ?

Erm - Christ Chillwell was at fault for the first goal. They hate him almost as much as the hate our manager. But then he ruined it for them with an assist. And just to rub salt into their wounds the manager went and did subs that resulted in loads of loveliness.

Edited by trabuch
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, the fox said:

Maybe, just maybe those "simple" passes aren't as easy to come by is you're making out to be.

Two of your problems showed up in one "simple" post

you put simple in quotation marks yet I've not used that word anywhere. It's a good ball.

The finish is in a different league to the pass and you'd have to be Algerian to think otherwise and even turn this into a debate.