Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Brom post match thread 4-1

I expected them to be at us at the start, we just needed to whether the storm for the first 20 minutes, which we unfortunately couldn't do. Once we equalised they just looked awful. Second half they didn't press us whatsoever, they just let us play, when that happens we can rip teams to shreds. Iborra controlled the midfield, thought he was class. 

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

You see someone knock a straight measured 40 yard ball a lot more often than you see someone watch a straight measured 40 yard ball drop over their shoulder and bury it in the bottom corner first time from just inside the area.

The balls good the finish is ludicrous.

I actually think Ihenacho's assist for Mahrez was every bit as good as Mahrez's for Vardy.  Perfect weight, under pressure and in a tight space.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

You just don't like him. He wasn't bad at all.

Nope. Unlike you, I give credit where it's due.

I'm far from giving up on Gray. He undoubtedly has talent, just needs to find the according footballing brain.

Edited by ZeGuy

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I've never dissed James, but today Iborra did show he has the better composure of the 2 and has way better presence in the box. 

I just wonder if he had played in our last 2 games his height would have given us something more from the 100,000 corners we have had over late. I guess we will never know

Would be surprised if he isnt in the starting line up from now on, just hope he can be consistent. 

Biased

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, KansasFox said:

I actually think Ihenacho's assist for Mahrez was every bit as good as Mahrez's for Vardy.  Perfect weight, under pressure and in a tight space.

In some ways it was an even a better pass as the distance between them was so small.

Both Goals were of the standard needed to win big games. Which is good for us going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

So posters get slated for saying James shouldn’t be in the team, Ibbora comes in for James and we win, hmmmmm!

Don't think anyone ever got slated for saying "James shouldn't be in the team".  I imagine what irks people is more the "James is a shtfvck wnkerface mongcvnt bithamturd" kinda stuff.  X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZeGuy said:

Still can't stess enough how good Vardy's goal was. Weak foot, rain and a (pin-point) 50 yards pass just effortlessly caressed to land in the opposite bottom corner. People just don't understand how difficult that shit is.

Reminds me of the Liverpool goal.

Yes! My first thought for that - ok, it's more central but it's still mental. 

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Still can't stess enough how good Vardy's goal was. Weak foot, rain and a (pin-point) 50 yards pass just effortlessly caressed to land in the opposite bottom corner. People just don't understand how difficult that shit is.

I genuinely would nto swap him for any striker in the league.  Love him.  X

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

don’t think there’s another striker in world football who would take that on their weak foot like he did - would have been much easier to have controlled it (which would have been pretty good in itself ) 

Wonderful away day. Will be sad to see WBA relegated. 5 straight wins on the bounce for me at that place.

Thought they were decent in the opening 20-25mins but after that we controlled. Even a WBA fan said to me after the game that we deserved it. 

Chilwell and Morgan both looked dodgy but both grew into the game. Mahrez was, well, as brilliant as ever. Iborra was class and is far superior than James - in fact, the whole team look better without James - we're not slow and constantly going back. Vardy's goal was superb, from my view it looked like he took it straight over his shoulder which is superb, Mahrez's goal was superb too. Special mention to Iheanacho too, I thought he was very good.

grrrr hate to say it but Kane is class :( I think Jamie works harder for his goals and it would be nice to see what he could do in a team with the same chances that Kane gets. 

On a personal note, I hope he gets some time in the world cup 

ps I would never swap Kane for Vardy at Leicester :D