Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

39 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

They get plenty wrong, there's just no way they'll possibly lose on a 21 horse race market.

They almost certainly would if the favourite wins. Seems to be a misunderstanding about how Bookies make their money. Bookies want outsiders to win. 

Not a surprise he's favourite to be sacked but I'd say it's more of a reflection of the owners, not the manager. Every manager they've ever hired has been sacked.

If we're not top 10 by October the last thing we want to do is sack yet another manager and go through this process all over again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Bookies can clearly get things wrong...but not too often. They don’t usually like losing their money.

If they have Puel as fave in the sack race, it will be based on them assessing our playing staff, vis a vis our level of expectation and would have concluded we don’t have the players or the manager to be where the owners think we should be.

Whether this is true or not..time will tell.

If they have puel as favourite then that would mean money was being put on him.   In some cases the money may be wrong.... eg when klopp got appointed liverpools odds to win pl fell and we drifted out even though we were miles ahead of them in the league.... but tthe odds were reflecting the money wagered by mad scousers not a cool assessment of the likely outcome 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not a surprise he's favourite to be sacked but I'd say it's more of a reflection of the owners, not the manager. Every manager they've ever hired has been sacked.

If we're not top 10 by October the last thing we want to do is sack yet another manager and go through this process all over again.

Not true, Puel is still employed :ph34r:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, l444ry said:

They almost certainly would if the favourite wins. Seems to be a misunderstanding about how Bookies make their money. Bookies want outsiders to win. 

There's no heavy favourite though is there? I'd imagine Mourinho is the heaviest backed out of all of them but not by enough for them to not make money if he is the first to go.

Don't think I have ever less looked forward to a season than this up and coming one. For the life of me, I can't understand why the owners think he will be a success, did they not see what we all saw last year? The most dreary negative football since I don't know when. He sure isn't the way forward, in fact, I think he will make us regress as a club.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Don't think I have ever less looked forward to a season than this up and coming one. For the life of me, I can't understand why the owners think he will be a success, did they not see what we all saw last year? The most dreary negative football since I don't know when. He sure isn't the way forward, in fact, I think he will make us regress as a club.

Id love to know what the owners expectations are for this season, cause with this manager and this transfer window so far, we ll be closer to the bottom 3 than top 10.

4 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Funny thing but I'm looking forward to this season a lot !

I'm excited to see some youngsters playing in the team & think there is a new team spirit coming to the surface. 

I'm sure Puel knows that he will need to produce or be gone so we will see if the team want play for him.

It should be very interesting !

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

Completely agree mate never been so unethused by the prospect of seeing Leicester play. 

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I'm excited to see some youngsters playing in the team & think there is a new team spirit coming to the surface. 

I'm sure Puel knows that he will need to produce or be gone so we will see if the team want play for him.

I am with you on that. I think we have an exciting young team. It's a very different squad to just a couple of seasons ago, and I like that. I do think we have a number of weaknesses, but as Puel has said, it's a project and I think we are building.

• Like 1

He could be judged as early as the first international break by the owners.

The four games before the break being United, Liverpool , a resurgent Wolves and his old team Saints away.

Not the easiest of starts and if we go into the break with say just a point or even no points then they'll be

a lot of pressure on Puel.

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I really do hope you are right Gurru I really do.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Id love to know what the owners expectations are for this season, cause with this manager and this transfer window so far, we ll be closer to the bottom 3 than top 10.

I bet we won't. 

There are some serious poor teams in the Premier League, the top 10 really isn't the achievement it once was. Wolves are a promoted side and I bet they're going for a top 10 finish.

What I want to see from this season is a cup semi-final and/or final.

6 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

He could be judged as early as the first international break by the owners.

The four games before the break being United, Liverpool , a resurgent Wolves and his old team Saints away.

Not the easiest of starts and if we go into the break with say just a point or even no points then they'll be

a lot of pressure on Puel.

Will he still have a job if we have no points from the first 4? Surely untenable considering we’re playing 2 supposedly bottom half sides.

33 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Based on what? We came 9th last season  with this manager despite going through times were we had to play CBs at RB, LBs at CB, losing our first choice GK, having to play our 4th and 5th CMs for months and losing Mahrez for over a month.

We are one new player away from being a significantly better team this season than we were last season.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

I really do hope you are right Gurru I really do.

I really hope I'm right as well

I do see Potential.

I'm worried that some people are hoping we fail just so that Puel gets fired.

Edited by gurru991

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I bet we won't. 

There are some serious poor teams in the Premier League, the top 10 really isn't the achievement it once was. Wolves are a promoted side and I bet they're going for a top 10 finish.

What I want to see from this season is a cup semi-final and/or final.

You’re deluded and heading for disappointment,Let’s revisit this conversation 10 games in when we are right near the bottom! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

A season is played over 38 games, not 10. Revisit my post after 10 games all you like but the final table will look nothing like the positions of every club after 10 games.

If we are near the bottom after 10 games Puel will be gone but the squad is still not good enough for top 10 no matter who the manager is! Severe lack of ambition from the owners

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

If we are near the bottom after 10 games Puel will be gone but the squad is still not good enough for top 10 no matter who the manager is! Severe lack of ambition from the owners

Cue Big Sam coming in and splashing the cash in January and declaring that we need to "not get beat" and a 0-0 draw at home against Huddersfield is a "great result"...:dry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Well we'll go down then. We can't continue on hiring managers and then sacking them just because they're not 9th after 10 games.

• Like 2