Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

35 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Not sure why so much negativity this Summer. I feel that we have picked up some fans who thought we were going to finish top four every year.

It irritates me to hear our players & management being slagged on a daily basis.

We are a progressive club with some great young players.

The above ties in with this

16 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s for this reason that us blokes nearing 50 probably think (I know I do) that we will never again in our lifetimes see scenes like we witnessed at the KP when we did the impossible. But the younger generation will want it again!

I fall into the nearing 50 category and from my time watching Leicester if you'd have given me 3 seasons out of the last 4 (lets forget the big one!!) then that would have been Leicester about on par with what previous 'good' seasons have looked like.

Prior to that we have always been a bit of a yo yo club, bouncing between the top two tiers, similar to West sHam.

The owners clearly have ambition and have put some serious dollar into the club over the past few seasons, so my 'hope' rather than expectation is that we can have a run of 3-4 plus seasons where we are knocking on the door of the top 6 with maybe the odd freak occasion where champions league will happen again.  My expectation though is that we can be comfortably 7th-10th in those seasons, playing some attractive attacking football and pick up a cup or two along the way.

The win of two seasons ago won't be repeated in the short term, it was a wake up call for the big boys and you only have to look at how much they have gone out and spent in the last 2 seasons to cement their places at the top.  We can certainly live in hope though.

I just hope that Puel has the balls to try and play some quicker slicker attacking football, no picking and setting up a defensive formation.  We just don't have the personnel to do that, lets have a go, especially against the big boys, take it to 'em.  We have some really talented youngsters that if their confidence grows who knows where we can go!

COYB

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, daverollo said:

I fall into the nearing 50 category and from my time watching Leicester if you'd have given me 3 seasons out of the last 4 (lets forget the big one!!) then that would have been Leicester about on par with what previous 'good' seasons have looked like.

Prior to that we have always been a bit of a yo yo club, bouncing between the top two tiers, similar to West sHam.

The owners clearly have ambition and have put some serious dollar into the club over the past few seasons, so my 'hope' rather than expectation is that we can have a run of 3-4 plus seasons where we are knocking on the door of the top 6 with maybe the odd freak occasion where champions league will happen again.  My expectation though is that we can be comfortably 7th-10th in those seasons, playing some attractive attacking football and pick up a cup or two along the way.

The win of two seasons ago won't be repeated in the short term, it was a wake up call for the big boys and you only have to look at how much they have gone out and spent in the last 2 seasons to cement their places at the top.  We can certainly live in hope though.

I just hope that Puel has the balls to try and play some quicker slicker attacking football, no picking and setting up a defensive formation.  We just don't have the personnel to do that, lets have a go, especially against the big boys, take it to 'em.  We have some really talented youngsters that if their confidence grows who knows where we can go!

COYB

:appl:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The Wolves home game is key to Puel’s survival. They have a winnable home game to kick off too, so could be going into it with loads of confidence.

Lose that, the Southampton game already becomes a tricky 6 pointer before the visit of Liverpool. 

It’s not difficult to visualise a situation where we’re bottom after 4 games.

Could easily happen but the Man Utd game is probably the perfect time to ever play them. We pinch a win and beat Wolves and we're going in to that Southampton game very bullish and not a single fan will be moaning about Puel. It's such a precarious position he finds himself in, he's basically got to hit top 6 form for the first 2 months.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Could easily happen but the Man Utd game is probably the perfect time to ever play them. We pinch a win and beat Wolves and we're going in to that Southampton game very bullish and not a single fan will be moaning about Puel. It's such a precarious position he finds himself in, he's basically got to hit top 6 form for the first 2 months.

lol

No need for high expectations...

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll believe that when I see it. lol

There would have been some people on here who would have advocated sacking Ranieri for Pearson in April 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

There would have been some people on here who would have advocated sacking Ranieri for Pearson in April 2016.

There was plenty of moaning and negativity as the title was in the process of being won. 

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

You've just reminded me of the guy who started a thread that advocated we sack Ranieri in 2016. The thread was closed with a picture of the league table, a league table with us firmly planted at the top. lol

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The negativity is clearly about expectation. When we won the league the expectation level went through the roof.

This was immediately dashed when it looked like Ranners was actually going to get us relegated.

But people have had the taste of success. They want more of it.

It’s for this reason that us blokes nearing 50 probably think (I know I do) that we will never again in our lifetimes see scenes like we witnessed at the KP when we did the impossible. But the younger generation will want it again!

I'm nearer 60 and whilst it may be true and I may think the same,  that's not the same as acyually saying it out loud! You've totally blown it for us now,  just as my new season ticket card came through the door! Silly ode bugger!

6 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The negativity is clearly about expectation. When we won the league the expectation level went through the roof.

This was immediately dashed when it looked like Ranners was actually going to get us relegated.

6 hours ago, daverollo said:

COYB

2 good post, that echo my feelings,other than that I myself have eased Into the middle 60s...

If we play attractive,meaningfull football,showing ambition over

at  least the next 5+ seasons,I will be satisfied, , leaving exciting ,positive memories behind. and ffs Erase the word turgid,from memory.

If We get top 6 or even top 4,that will be gravy....I will be happy enough,

to see us being labelled as a secure top 10 PL side...

Get our name engraved onto the FA-cup,that will make an old man

Happy....

Thats me as a fan!!!   ,I do expect however ,to see that out Club,show

ambition,with motivated players,and enough sense to chase down

Quality players...Experienced and youth.

• Like 2

I'm still weirdly quite on the fence with Puel. I called for him to go after both the Palace and West Ham games because I thought there was no coming back from that (the West Ham game was nearly as bad as Palace, a disgrace of a reaction to such a shocking result the week before) so ultimately felt his position would become untenable, but it hasn't been and he's lived on.

4 games this season is nowhere near enough time to make a proper judgement. Prepared to say lets see where we are and how the performances are by the November international break after we've just played away at Cardiff, that's 11 league games and hopefully a few more in the cup, with a pretty balanced mix of games in there.

I do fear that he will get the boot though, and it is a fear because it means ultimately he's failed and it signifies that we've made no progress at all. I'm not overly demanding in what I want to see from him, just progress. Too many variables in the game to give an exact target he has to meet, it's very dynamic for me.

My gut instict though is that he's one of the first to get the boot and the cycle of baffling planning goes on, and the likes of Rudkin and particular players remain untouchable.

I also still think we're taking an almost insane gamble by not signing another wide man. If Musa ends up being that replacement and he doesn't deliver then we're going to end up looking back and laughing at the incompetence.

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

It’s unreal isn’t it. This place is the pits recently 

The title win was the best and worst thing to ever happen to us. Honestly don't think this negativity will go until we've been relegated and humbled to be honest.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The title win was the best and worst thing to ever happen to us. Honestly don't think this negativity will go until we've been relegated and humbled to be honest.

I think you mean best and best?

25 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Nope. Best and worst. Best in the sense it was the sporting story of all time. Worst in the sense of what it's done to our fanbase and how relatively things feel to us now. A strange part of me feels like it would only get properly enjoyable again if we went down and went back up. I don't actually want us to drop obviously but midtable Premier League is frankly boring, and even more so after what we went through.

I know exactly what you mean but here's a Chinese curse which I think is appropriate here:

May all your dreams come true.

3 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

“Winning the league has given Leicester fans unrealistic expectations” like winning more than 4 games in half a season?

Had we won just less than half of those games we would be in Europe this season. It wasn’t an unrealistic ask if the manager had played a style of football that suited the personnel available at that time.

On 30/07/2018 at 17:11, Cardiff_Fox said:

Understand your overall point and it’s valid. However I don’t think success can be rated simply on points and a higher position. 

We are in transition and just lost an absolute wizard. Couple of teams pushed on in personnel and we’ve probably steadied up. I’d say on footballing hierarchy a repeated 9th would be a good season considering the squad.

Completely agree... we’ve got to become stable and I’d be happy to see a plan in place to take us forward slowly.

With a manager staying in place then things can be done to get the required players to progress and there will be a good idea of who’s not needed... getting someone else in will just lead to the same problems where we have lots of players who appear to be deadwood.

:fc: for a good start

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:52, Col city fan said:

That's a shock … reading your posts I thought you were about 73 …… sounds like you are probably 6-7 years younger than me

and I don't think I have quite reached grumpy old man territory.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

That's a shock … reading your posts I thought you were about 73 …… sounds like you are probably 6-7 years younger than me

and I don't think I have quite reached grumpy old man territory.

Who’s being grumpy? I’m just being realistic. I’ve waited over 40 years for us to win the top flight and would have little surprise if the young uns amongst us have to wait 40 years again.

If you think we’re gonna win the league again anytime soon, you’re a complete plonker

:P

Edited by Col city fan

On 30/07/2018 at 17:52, Col city fan said:

Spot on !!

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Who’s being grumpy? I’m just being realistic. I’ve waited over 40 years for us to win the top flight and would have little surprise if the young uns amongst us have to wait 40 years again.

If you think we’re gonna win the league again anytime soon, you’re a complete plonker

:P

You never know Col it might happen … in another 40 years I'll be over 90 and you'll be approaching it … see you on Victoria Park in  2058

when we watch Gary Lineker's great grandson lift the trophy and Kasabian plays songs from their 50th anniversary album.

Edited by RODNEY FERNIO
  • Haha 1

On 30/07/2018 at 18:52, Col city fan said:

I don't know whether you can generalize this much.

I'm also not so sure whether expectations really "went through the roof "- from what I can tell, no sane Leicester City supporter was honestly expecting us to repeat the 2015/2016 season in the near future. A one-off, that's what it is and that's what it'll remain for quite some time.

Also depends on how you define "success". I'd argue you'll find a lot of true LCFC fans longing for an FA Cup win more than anything, not being overly interested in our Premier League campaign (apart from not getting relegated, that is).

I'd say the fans with "unrealistic" expectations are the ones we've gained since winning the Premier League title. People who didn't know who we were before, people not interested in the club and the ups and downs, but only the glory and/or particular players. People who change football allegiance on a constant basis.

Dont care toooo much about expectations. Go into each match hoping to enjoy it.

Maguire's equaliser against Man U last season was a great moment for example.

FA cup win would be brilliant. Europa would be great, and i think we'd really go for it and have a chance to go far if we got the opportunity

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Dont care toooo much about expectations. Go into each match hoping to enjoy it.

Maguire's equaliser against Man U last season was a great moment for example.

FA cup win would be brilliant. Europa would be great, and i think we'd really go for it and have a chance to go far if we got the opportunity

any cup run will be great . and just being around the top 10. with the odd season higher . and some good old hard work with a few special goals and results thrown in. 

• Like 2