Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Definite: Huth, Dragovic (loan ends)

Almost definite: Slimani, Musa, Mahrez, Jakupovic, Leo

Quite possible: Benny, King, Mendy, James (don't think we'll lose all of them CM's)

Keepers: Kasper, New Keeper, Hamer

Right Back: New Right back, Simpson

Left Back: Chilwell, Fuchs

CB: Maguire, New CB, Morgan, New CB, Hughes

RM: New Winger, Gray

LM, Diabate, Albrighton

CM: Silva, Iborra

CM: N'didi, (two of King, Mendy and James)

No.10: Iheanacho, Okazaki,

ST: Vardy, New Striker

Fringes: Barnes, Hamza, Hughes, Thomas

Could easily end up needing: Keeper, Right Back, 2 x centre back, striker, 1x wingers, 1 x No.10 go winger cover.

Jakupovic has a year to run on his deal and Hamer is out of contract

15 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Anyone think we should keep Ulloa? If he's happy to sit on the bench could be a backup / plan b option.

You could, depends on whether he's happy doing that. Whether we can sell other players etc. I wouldn't mind keeping Slimani to be honest. Slim and Vardy as the 9's, Okazaki and Nacho as the 10's. With potentially a Ben Arfa type who can cover 10 and winger.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Anyone think we should keep Ulloa? If he's happy to sit on the bench could be a backup / plan b option.

No. Slim is better. I wouldn't want to keep a less good player over a better one just because they would fetch less money if sold. If Slim refuses to sit on the bench I'd rather take a punt on a new striker in the faint hope they become a potential Vardy replacement.

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There was talk we'd offered Hamer another year and that Jak' wanted out.

@UpTheLeagueFox said Hamer had offers from here in England and abroad and might get an offer from us ,Jak might want out due to being behind Hamer all season thanks to Kasper's stooge Stowell

Edited by Jimmy

Iheanacho has done well in the last couple but I think we should still be looking for another 'number 10', I suppose someone that can play either wing and behind the striker would be ideal.

A right back a must but I think Puel is happy to fill the squad with youngsters if needed so I can't see a massive spending spree unless we lose more players than we expect.

Just now, Jimmy said:

@UpTheLeagueFox said Hamer had offers from here in England and abroad and might get an offer from us ,Jak might want out due to being behind Hamer all season thanks to Kasper's stooge Stowell

I must have missed this Stowell thing, what's meant to have happened?

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I must have missed this Stowell thing, what's meant to have happened?

Jakupovic apparently had a bust up with Stowell over something and suddenly he went from playing week in and week out for Hull and coming here to be a very capable number 2 to not even making our bench and being behind Ben ****ing Hamer

Edited by Jimmy

26 minutes ago, Tuna said:

No I'd sooner we bring in a new up and coming young lad from the lower leagues or abroad. Someone with a presence and attitude to bully defenders.

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Jakupovic apparently had a bust up with Stowell over something and suddenly he went from playing week in and week out for Hull and coming here to be a very capable number 2 to not even making our bench and being behind Ben ****ing Hamer

The bust up must have happened immediately after Jak got here then, because Shakespeare who signed Jak immediately put him behind Hamer too. 

Not bothered about Hamer getting another years contract as third choice. He won't be on much money and is unlikely to be personally involved in the player power politics. He seems to be a harmless source of banter and juicy ITK leaks.

Edited by brucey

51 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Definite: Huth, Dragovic (loan ends)

Almost definite: Slimani, Musa, Mahrez, Jakupovic, Leo

Quite possible: Benny, King, Mendy, James (don't think we'll lose all of them CM's)

Keepers: Kasper, New Keeper, Hamer

Right Back: New Right back, Simpson

Left Back: Chilwell, Fuchs

CB: Maguire, New CB, Morgan, New CB, Hughes

RM: New Winger, Gray

LM, Diabate, Albrighton

CM: Silva, Iborra

CM: N'didi, (two of King, Mendy and James)

No.10: Iheanacho, Okazaki,

ST: Vardy, New Striker

Fringes: Barnes, Hamza, Hughes, Thomas

Could easily end up needing: Keeper, Right Back, 2 x centre back, striker, 1x wingers, 1 x No.10 go winger cover.

Still got cabbage coming back also.

16 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Still got cabbage coming back also.

235 minutes from a whole season on loan... I think it's safe to say he won't be pulling on a first team Leicester shirt any time soon. lol

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Yep, we've missed having a target man in the box since January. Leo is also quite useful defensively in set piece situations. 

Anyone who thinks the club are suddenly going to be able to get a load of players in straight away is sadly deluded.

There is a huge balancing act needed and players need shipping out before anyone is coming in, and if you think shipping Danny Simpson out on £60k a week is going to be easy I suggest you apply for a job at the club.

• Like 1

He’s moved on so much crap and hasn’t had a proper window to bring quality in. Fair play to getting rid of trash and giving youth a chance and experience. A bad experience of losing most weeks didn’t do the survival team too much harm # great escape # champions