Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

just a bit of context - and it was more a testimonial than a high intensity prem league game

Maybe for Leicester, not for Tottenham and it's unfair to suggest otherwise.

A huge difference between finishing 3rd or 4th and avoiding the Champions League play offs.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gerard said:

A huge difference between finishing 3rd or 4th and avoiding the Champions League play offs.

The 4th placed Premier League team does not have to play in qualifying play-off matches for the 2018/19 Champions League. They will go straight into the group stages, as will the top four from Spain, Italy and Germany. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

not any more and as I suggested above, the lack of hard strong 50/50 tackles reflected the intensity of the game. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

well I didn't have my glasses on which was a pain at that place but I know what I saw re intensity ....................  how many hard tackles did you see in 95 minutes ??

Oh sorry, forget there had to be a certain number of ankle snappers for a match to qualify as "high intensity". End to end football all game and nine goals not enough, no?

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Vardy is a big supporter of Puel and by all accounts pissed off with teammates he feels haven't worked hard enough, not only should he stay he should be the new captain

Not 100% sure this is true, what said to the media and what is though behind closed doors, is too different things.

I can't magine any striker being keen on playing for a manager who style is going to see them get very limited opportunity to score.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not 100% sure this is true, what said to the media and what is though behind closed doors, is too different things.

I can't magine any striker being keen on playing for a manager who style is going to see them get very limited opportunity to score.

Its not from the media. An ITK claimed that Vardy backs Puel.

Also, he's scored over 20 goals this season, mostly under Puel.  And I dont think he'd be blaming Puel for lack of service anyway

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh sorry, forget there had to be a certain number of ankle snappers for a match to qualify as "high intensity". End to end football all game and nine goals not enough, no?

not sure we are talking about the same thing. 

many last day 'nothing' games lead to big scorelines.  I see a relationship.  clearly you don't.  different opinions

12 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

Tbf I do doubt that he is in the frame but the club needs to clarify its position. If Puel is to be given the summer, that's that but if there are any doubts..

the club made its position public pre west ham - there were notes in the program and journos were told. the narrative - we are behind the manager and this is a long term project. they aren't going to make another statement two weeks later.  he will either be sacked ( if we can get in a better option) or you will hear nothing.

27 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I know its The Daily Star but they suggest Marco Silva is tipped to join us over Everton.

Whatever the hell is going on, it needs resolving before we start buying players.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/702890/Marco-Silva-Leicester-Everton-news-gossip

BUT HE DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HIM 

:glare:

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think you’re right.

100% and time will tell whether it is a good or bad thing. I hope its a good thing :D 

I don't dislike the guy. I have been 'IN' till the Palace game, which swayed me to out but on reflection that might just have been my grievance to losing 5-0. 

Without voicing whats already been said 100000000 billion times, i would like to see him given a chance and i really do believe 'better the devil you know.' 

However if Rafa said he was interested ..i might be swayed... I'M FICKLE ... kill me now