Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

29 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Drop them and leave them to rot then. Not difficult. 

19 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes we could do that but FFP?

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

We would have to find a way. Playing shit players just because we can't get them off the wage bill would be depressing as fook. 

Loan/offload them to OH Leuven.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oncewasafox said:

Can’t help but think that the last two games the players told Puel to stick his tactics and they were doing it ‘their’ way...

....anyone would think there was a bust up the week before the Arsenal game ?

Shame they didn't do it a few weeks ago.

1 hour ago, oncewasafox said:

Can’t help but think that the last two games the players told Puel to stick his tactics and they were doing it ‘their’ way...

....anyone would think there was a bust up the week before the Arsenal game ?

Oh right, when we lose, it's on him and when we win, it's the players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yes because I doubt anyone will pay him as much as we do. And he's just one example I'm referring to.

Remember we are still paying off two managers.

We've also wasn't an obscene amount of money in the last few years, which although we've blown a load we still are in fine fettle. We can't make too many more mistakes though. I think we'll spend on the defence first and any other positions will be filled once the fringe players like Musa, Slimani and Mendy are moved on. Mahrez may well go early and then we've got the bunce but a massive void to fill amongst various other problems.

I think it's about time the owners made it clear to the playing staff that the manager, whoever that may be is in charge and they either tow the line or ship out. This player power has to be stamped out or this club will never move forward.

6 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

My thoughts as well, there is some of the deadwood which will prove to be very difficult to get rid of, if not impossible. 

I absolutely don't mind Simpson as back-up though. Whilst being shit forward he's still a solid defender who consistently delivers (bar his mare yesterday). Same goes for Morgan.

Now if they insist to start, that's another story.

It's nailed on we buy an attacking right back who is brilliant and mind blowing for a few games only to get injured and Danny 'chip down the channel to nobody' Simpson comes back into the squad.

1 hour ago, joachim1965 said:

I think it's about time the owners made it clear to the playing staff that the manager, whoever that may be is in charge and they either tow the line or ship out. This player power has to be stamped out or this club will never move forward.

Yet Puel brings Mahrez back on during his first game with us after his hissy fit in January. Didn't really help us, did it?

Dealing with the so-called and often-cited "player power" looks a bit different to me.

Up until the Arsenal home and Tottenham away game, Riyad had chipped in a whopping two goals and two assists in eleven matches (twelve, if you include the FA Cup quarter-final exit at the hands of Chelsea).

Edited by MC Prussian

Does anyone’s really believe that if puel stays for the window, he will buy players which aren’t going to be any use to us if he gets sacked after half a dozen games ?? 

This is is an argument which I struggle to come to terms with. if he argues that he doesn’t want a target because they can’t trap a bag of cement whereas others point out he is a willing runner etc, then I am with puel. Eg. this approach would have saved us £15 m quid on musa! 

i can see people pointing out that we might buy a slow tempo midfielder when we need someone quicker but I don’t see that happening as we already have mendy coming back here. 

if leaving him in place means we get a more structured window then keep him. this window is pivotal to the next two seasons.  plenty have pointed out that a new manager may be less willing to disrupt the existing dressing room cliques early on which would leave us where we were a year ago.  The only exception to the above would be if Benitez was available. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

Player power is rife at most clubs now. You have to be a Klopp, Dyche, Benitez or similar very top manager for it not to happen. And you have to have a very strong back room team too.

Puel does not have his own back room staff, so he is alone on this one and is up against players who have won the league so they think they can dictate.

If Puel is to stay, expect the old guard to be gone in the summer as he will have to ship them out to survive.

15 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

Player power is rife at most clubs now. You have to be a Klopp, Dyche, Benitez or similar very top manager for it not to happen. And you have to have a very strong back room team too.

Puel does not have his own back room staff, so he is alone on this one and is up against players who have won the league so they think they can dictate.

If Puel is to stay, expect the old guard to be gone in the summer as he will have to ship them out to survive.

Who is the old gaurd ? 

Kasper

morgan

simpson

vardy 

mahrez 

albrighton 

who needs to go ? Who is causing issues ? 

In your opinion 

I'm kind of in/out with Puel, Sundays game v Tottenham was frustrating. We were winning the game, playing better football and he takes innacho off also brings on Hamza on who's never played right back. That changed the game, Tottenham saw his weakness and he couldn't do anything.

13 minutes ago, KJT said:

I'm kind of in/out with Puel, Sundays game v Tottenham was frustrating. We were winning the game, playing better football and he takes innacho off also brings on Hamza on who's never played right back. That changed the game, Tottenham saw his weakness and he couldn't do anything.

We weren’t winning when hamza came on ??  We’re we ???

1 hour ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Who is the old gaurd ? 

Kasper

morgan

simpson

vardy 

mahrez 

albrighton 

who needs to go ? Who is causing issues ? 

In your opinion 

The general assumption is Kasper, Morgan and Simpson.

Vardy is supportive of Puel.

• Like 1