Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

Think that stability is key at the moment.

He can now reflect on this season, looking at the positives and minimising the weaknesses that has occurred (such as the defence and poor substitions at times) and discuss with recruitment who are the best players around that can help 'plug the gap' in the problem areas.

Don't think he's daft in that he's still unsure of certain players, systems and certain circumstances.

50 minutes ago, Robin JD Popley said:

I know its The Daily Star but they suggest Marco Silva is tipped to join us over Everton.

Whatever the hell is going on, it needs resolving before we start buying players.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/702890/Marco-Silva-Leicester-Everton-news-gossip

well the owners stated he has their full backing so I think thats what is 'going on'. 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

100% and time will tell whether it is a good or bad thing. I hope its a good thing :D 

I don't dislike the guy. I have been 'IN' till the Palace game, which swayed me to out but on reflection that might just have been my grievance to losing 5-0. 

Without voicing whats already been said 100000000 billion times, i would like to see him given a chance and i really do believe 'better the devil you know.' 

However if Rafa said he was interested ..i might be swayed... I'M FICKLE ... kill me now 

Well that’s one season ticket that won’t be renewed. I just can’t be arsed to go and watch this football anymore. I wonder if the owners are thinking about this at all. I mean, the ‘lap of honour’ we did at the last home game was an utter embarrassment. I can’t recollect anything like it.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Well that’s one season ticket that won’t be renewed. I just can’t be arsed to go and watch this football anymore. I wonder if the owners are thinking about this at all. I mean, the ‘lap of honour’ we did at the last home game was an utter embarrassment. I can’t recollect anything like it.

They must be considering a loss in ST's as a factor, surely.

Listen, they'll still sell plenty, there won't be that many who don't renew because of the situation but there will be a few, no doubt they'd get sold to members waiting, but I dare say there will be a slight loss in ticket sales.

11 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Hope he goes soon, but maybe cannot contractually yet as it’s not yet the end of the season till the End of May.

I'm seriously wondering if this may be the case and a reason for not announcing any ST details yet.

It's so weird we're hearing nothing regards ST, this is a potential reason.

Edited by Matt

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

I'd rather we went for Guardiola and gave him £1bn to spend if Puel is being replaced.

Can we also sign the Swedish beach volleyball team as the pre match cheerleaders with some kind of lottery system in place for in-game massages for the fans?

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

They must be considering a loss in ST's as a factor, surely.

Listen, they'll still sell plenty, there won't be that many who don't renew because of the situation but there will be a few, no doubt they'd get sold to members waiting, but I dare say there will be a slight loss in ticket sales.

I'm seriously wondering if this may be the case and a reason for not announcing any ST details yet.

It's so weird we're hearing nothing regards ST, this is a potential reason.

Of course they’ll still sell lots. There will still be an awful lot of sad acts who will moan about the manager, the players and everything but who will still shell out a few hundred quid to renew. But very few I think, will actually do something about how they feel. 

I hope we don't hang around to long over the fate of CP. Not good for the club, and not very fair on him.

This will very likely the hottest summer for very many years, on our transfer market dealings, and it is just so important to decide the managerial issue asap.

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Good riddance to them.

Doesn't mean they'd stop coming altogether, just pick and choose games. Hardly a badge of honour spending money regularly watching his brand of football is it?

Edited by l444ry

7 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Doesn't mean they'd stop coming altogether, just pick and choose games. Hardly a badge of honour spending money regularly watching his brand of football is it?

Isn’t it actually daft to?

Have people got nothing better to do than sit on a freezing cold Winter’s night and be utterly bored to tears? As you say, in this context ‘badge of honour’ equals ‘wtf?’

The club needs a bit of identity back. A bit of ooomph. We need to offload some of the utter crap we have bought over recent transfer windows and give the club some passion back. It’s gone so sterile.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, l444ry said:

whether they pick and choose games won't affect the season ticket sales though?

once the season ticket is bought, that's the cost done for the season. Then if they pick and choose games, it makes no difference to the club?

Just now, StanSP said:

once the season ticket is bought, that's the cost done for the season. Then if they pick and choose games, it makes no difference to the club?

And when they add up membership and picking and choosing games they've probably ended up paying more than the cost of a season ticket... 

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Isn’t it actually daft to?

Have people got nothing better to do than sit on a freezing cold Winter’s night and be utterly bored to tears? As you say, in this context ‘badge of honour’ equals ‘berk’

The club needs a bit of identity back. A bit of ooomph. 

Absolutely NOT aimed at you Col, but this is very interesting. I got called 'an absolute moron' the other day by a very sporadic visitor because I expressed relief that Europe has been missed out on, given the state of things (apparently). And yet now we have people saying they won't renew season tickets because Puel. Is this not the behaviour of the fair-weather fan? Does the club not need the support of their bedrock, which surely is ST holders? It seems that certain people decide what makes the distinction between a real fan and a plastic fan, and then shift the distinction to suit their current whim.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could be right Stan. Not sure whether the money is the main thing here but I'm sure the live fan base I something they'd like to grow given their stadium plans.