Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
the messenger

Puel

I know I’m breaking FT protocol by not starting a poll, but I was wondering if the owners do decide to pull the trigger, when do you think they would act? I only ask as from a Leicester fans point of view , I’d hope they do it ASAP ( fwiw I think another season would be justified-just!) .

But with the World Cup in just over 4 weeks it would give any new manager very little time to make his own assessments on squad/targets etc., regardless of when the decision is made.

This actually helps Puel imo.

From an ??????? fans point of view I want Jamie and Harry to go to Russia knowing who their manager is going to be when they get back. Yes I know there’s little chance that England will go far but I still want them to. Desperately! 

So with that in mind I’m not only slightly torn on IF he should be sacked but clueless on WHEN!!

Over to you Vichai and Top.

Edited by truebluethroughandthrough
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

The general assumption is Kasper, Morgan and Simpson.

Vardy is supportive of Puel.

Assumption being the operative word.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

I know I’m breaking FT protocol by not starting a poll, but I was wondering if the owners do decide to pull the trigger, when do you think they would act? I only ask as from a Leicester fans point of view , I’d hope they do it ASAP ( fwiw I think another season would be justified-just!) .

But with the World Cup in just over 4 weeks it would give any new manager very little time to make his own assessments on squad/targets etc., regardless of when the decision is made.

This actually helps Puel imo.

From an ??????? fans point of view I want Jamie and Harry to go to Russia knowing who their manager is going to be when they get back. Yes I know there’s little chance that England will go far but I still want them to. Desperately! 

So with that in mind I’m not only slightly torn on IF he should be sacked but clueless on WHEN!!

Over to you Vichai and Top.

He'll surely stay if he's not sacked by the end of this week.

Waiting a fortnight or a month and then sacking him would be ridiculous. Surely his immediate future will be concluded this week.

8 minutes ago, The_77 said:

We gave up 5 goals...

And scored 4... Away... Against a team of the top 6... With a decimated midfield...

Individual mistakes let us down (Simpson's and Gray's were particularly awful) but there is some positive to take from the game. Unless one is just interested in bashing the manager.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Who is the old gaurd ? 

Kasper

morgan

simpson

vardy 

mahrez 

albrighton 

who needs to go ? Who is causing issues ? 

In your opinion 

Kasper, Morgan, Simpson and Vardy lead the boat in my opinion. Oldest ones and big mouths. Two of them are directly threatened by Puel's system.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

Kasper, Morgan, Simpson and Vardy lead the boat in my opinion. Oldest ones and big mouths. Two of them are directly threatened by Puel's system.

Vardy is a big supporter of Puel and by all accounts pissed off with teammates he feels haven't worked hard enough, not only should he stay he should be the new captain

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Vardy is a big supporter of Puel and by all accounts pissed off with teammates he feels haven't worked hard enough, not only should he stay he should be the new captain

That's what I've read and his eventual captaincy would get my blessings. I didn't specifically alluded to the other two for nothing but between what's said in the papers and what's true, there are sometimes worlds in-between.

It still makes no doubt for me that these four have the most weight in the dressing room, regardless of what they think about the manager.

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

And scored 4... Away... Against a team of the top 6... With a decimated midfield...

Individual mistakes let us down (Simpson's and Gray's were particularly awful) but there is some positive to take from the game. Unless one is just interested in bashing the manager.

Who had three regular starters on the pitch at k/off  (and also a second choice midfield)

we had six or seven regular starters 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Who had three regular starters on the pitch at k/off  (and also a second choice midfield)

we had six or seven regular starters 

Okay, we were shit. Puel out.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Drop them and leave them to rot then. Not difficult. 

Thing is the kind of players will be like the Vardys, if we would of dropped players like him we’d be relegated, let’s drop the manager instead 

1 minute ago, chapero82 said:

It’s clear we are keeping him! If he was going it would have been done by now! 

Anybody see sky trying to make something out of nothing lol 

Alladyce is still at Everton and everyone assumes he is going, Puel could still go the last game was only 2 days ago

Just now, Jimmy said:

yes, I know it doesn't fit the "everyone hates Puel, Puel is the shits" narrative but that was what has been said recently

Didn’t Schmeichel say he and everyone were behind Ranieri and there wasn’t any player power?

Talk is cheap.

Just now, Jimmy said:

Alladyce is still at Everton and everyone assumes he is going, Puel could still go the last game was only 2 days ago

It’s was announced a couple of hours ago he’s leaving.

On your train of thought however it’s assumed Moyes is leaving West Ham but there’s been nothing announced yet.

I think lots of clubs will be having a season debrief an appraisal if you like, where a few managers will be given the boot, that is what I’m clinging on to. I do fear he’s staying though.

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Didn’t Schmeichel say he and everyone were behind Ranieri and there wasn’t any player power?

Talk is cheap.

this wasn't an interview Vardy gave I'm going off ,it was leaked insider info doing the rounds, I don't pay attention to interviews for the reason you said.

hadn't seen the fat Sam news

Potentially 4-5 clubs in the prem looking for a new manager in the next few weeks, do we really want to be part of that circus affair and delay our summer even more. I mean even if we do get rid of him who can we actually get who's a step up, not many with premier league experience anyway. 

• Like 3