Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Away post match 2-0

4 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We can be slow and ponderous, especially in the first half of games but the  criticism of certain players during games is ridiculous, someone was laying into Iborra, Chilwell took the usual stick, Albrighton being touted as an England player last week and got slated this week, yes there is plenty of room for improvement but the barrage the players get on here is boring.

Take a look at all the other club's supporter forums. It's the same throughout all the leagues. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

the little band of alt-Puellites out in force today ??? nice little clique there

Still better than nostalgic Pearsonites who spend their time shitting on the team instead of supporting it.

• Like 3

Not having watched the game; but according to RL Puel was NOT happy with the sideways/backward passing and shouting at Iborra all first half for doing so! I think it’ll only be fair to judge Puel when he can actually get his own players in who might play football...

8 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Whatever your opinion of James, no one especially a supporter should wish an injury on a player, particularly one who has fought his way back from such a career threatening injury. Hopefully I've misread your post and you want him to be fit. 

Ahah, I'm soon to be exposed as worse than Hitler.

No, I don't want anyone to be injured but people fall over in the snow. 

I hope he's fit but never returns to our team, regardless of his journeyman reputation. he's a liability, in spite of his work rate and commitment, he doesn't seem to inspire confidence among the team whenever he plays.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Great result despite not the best performance.  Good attitude from everyone and great assists from our two youngsters Chilwell and Gray.  Both showed good attitude and hard work to keep pushing to the end.  Nice unselfish pass from Gray after good work on the right.   X

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We can be slow and ponderous, especially in the first half of games but the  criticism of certain players during games is ridiculous, someone was laying into Iborra, Chilwell took the usual stick, Albrighton being touted as an England player last week and got slated this week, yes there is plenty of room for improvement but the barrage the players get on here is boring.

Difficult situation. If teams drop off and we play the ball forward quicker and/or longer by definition, there would be plenty on here moaning about "hoofball" when we lose possession, or that Vardy gets no decent service. When we start playing cleverly, as we are trying to do under Puel, we get the "ponderous" or "boring" complaints. I would respectfully suggest if anyone wants entertainment on their terms they should SkyPlus Coronation Street or something.  

Was just a scrappy game. First goal was very important as their game plan was just to have 10 men behind the ball and leave us absolutely no space to run into whenever we had the ball and then all come out when they had the ball. Ref had a shocker. I don't understand this retrospective diving bans as if I've heard that someone dived for the penalty, because he didn't score he won't be banned. Also I've heard mumbles that Duffy dived so could he get banned for negatively affecting us? All in all good win, Europe he we come. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

I was called a vile , brainless and horrendous human being for saying we are better off with James being injured.

No. You were called that for effectively wishing a player of ours to be injured. There's a difference, which seems beyond you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Puel was livid as well first half. He evidently doesn't want us playing pedestrian football but his demands for greater possession relies on the players being on their game and 1st half they were clueless. That's not Puel's fault really, I'm intrigued to see if he makes a success here, he's got a huge summer ahead of him to build something. 

But...but...the match thread said...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1