Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Away post match 2-0

1 minute ago, CarbonVirtine said:

Shinji is the same player (I know, I know, I claimed it was his brother) We just play differently under Puel and Shinji doesn't fit that. Previously, with our deep defence, Shinji was the link forward and had space to exploit. He could take the ball, turn and run. He was a terrier behind Vardy. Now, our defence pushes up and compresses the space and Shinji no longer has the same space to shine in. We don't do quick breakaways, we build slowly.  Vardy is similarly suffering but he can feed off scraps, and defenders always have to keep an eye on him because of his pace - that in itself is a benefit regardless of the amount of possession he gets.

I do think Okazaki will move on in the summer though. He's been brilliant for us, often making the difference, but we're a different team now and I don't see that he fits in quite as he used to.

Shinji divides opinions - basically because he is a footballer of limited technical ability who doesn't score very often but who unselfishly runs his butt off for the team in just about every game.

I actually think he has had a decent season - more good games than bad (albeit with some stinkers like today thrown in) - but if we had more technique and creativity in that 'second striker' role, we would be a much more dangerous team.

• Like 2

The result glosses over a poor performance. But will say one thing, the players still look up for it / they care, which is a good thing. Feel sorry for Ndidi who was the victim of cheating!

Puel deserves a window and preseason to get the team playing the way he wants and the players he feels we need to achieve that. However, we play too slowly and do fear that without Mahrez our form will suffer. That said, Chilwell, Diabate and Gray all had an impact today and with players like Maguire and Ndidi we’ve got the base to be a top 7-10 team for the foreseeable future. I would just like to see us be more aggressive and want to win. When we won the title we didn’t have much possession but we often pressed high, won the ball back and transitioned into attack quickly. Those moments were thrilling to watch! I don’t mind changing our style but want to see us up the tempo more often. 

Edited by StriderHiryu

Puel got his subs spot on today.

Kasper has redeemed himself.

Chilwell had his best ever game for us today and showed us the player he can become. 

Quiet until 70 minutes, but we showed great resilience to win the way we did.

Happy with that (bar the ref) and look forward to next week. Don’t know how you can slate Puel, seems like the bloke can not win with some people.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Never looked like losing except for the penalty.

I thought BHA were pretty dire up front and squandered a number of chances, the penalty included. Games ebb and flo but at one point, early in the 2nd half, they looked the side more likely to score. After the penalty miss though, and the introduction of Diabate, we were the more positive side and it felt only a matter of time before we scored.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

We used to win like this all the time in the championship under Pearson. 

Oh Feck off. We're in the PREMIER LEAGUE, pal. A whole world away from Pearson's capabilities. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We can be slow and ponderous, especially in the first half of games but the  criticism of certain players during games is ridiculous, someone was laying into Iborra, Chilwell took the usual stick, Albrighton being touted as an England player last week and got slated this week, yes there is plenty of room for improvement but the barrage the players get on here is boring.

• Like 2