Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Brighton Away post match 2-0

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

There was definitely contact for the pen but he didn't half make a meal of it.

Ditto, my thinking too.

I can't make up my mind who the culprit was, Maguire or Ndidi (was it he?), but he got clattered either way.  

Edited by CarbonVirtine
typo

I thought the penalty was against Maguire when I watched it. Massive dive but contact.

Ref seemed happy to give us yellow cards but Kayal got away with 4 or 5 fouls before his yellow. Iborra may make a few mistakes but at least I feel he may score when he's up for a corner - more so than Morgan these days.

Chilwell defended magnificently and covered the other defenders on several occasions. That's after running up the attacking end and trying to link with our attack. Not sure on the logic of our WBs putting balls into the box though when we only have Vardy even in the box. Love the build up but we need to look at who is going to get on the end ball - that certainly won't be okazaki or Mahrez.

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

You don't have to like him, but have some respect.

How was I being disrespectful. The bloke isn't good enough. Yes he helped us win the league but it's time we got rid of him. Looked far better with Diabate. 

Delighted to have won but it was a really poor performance. We could have easily been on the losing end today. Credit to schmeichel the penalty save has given us the platform to go on and get 3 points. If that had went in I honestly think we would've lost. 

Too slow in posession, players want too many touches with the exception being diabate. Fair play to Gray came on and set up a goal. You can't really ask for more than that. 

I'm not impressed with the football we play (sideways, backwards with no penetration). When puel first came in everything was one or two touches ocassionally three but now some of the players are having 5/6/7 touches and it slows the play down too much making it easier to defend against. 

• Like 2

Chilwell...refs yellows... kaspers bounce back...these issues are all small beer. 

Brighton are ok but nothing special.  Yet once again we had problems creating chances.

Imo diabate runs onto the box at speed and this forces defenders to try and time the tackle.  We need more of this.

Cmon claud... you now have us possessing the ball....convert that to goals

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, adam said:

How was I being disrespectful. The bloke isn't good enough. Yes he helped us win the league but it's time we got rid of him. Looked far better with Diabate. 

Very harsh.

The reason why Okazaki wasn't there today is that he was seldomly picked out by his teammates. Can count the passes he received on two hands.

I don't know why that is, but we were simply happy playing it through the left and right wing mostly before his substitution.

Okazaki still is a great player with great work rates and quintessential to this team.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

**** off.

It was a terrible performance; boring as ****; embarrassing to have won that. 

It’s a win but this manager is not for me; far too cautious.

Puel out ?

Sometimes you have to just grind out a result. We were poor but so were they. In the end we deserved the points.

I would take that anyday against a attacking flair defeat.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Very harsh.

The reason why Okazaki wasn't there today is that he was seldomly picked out by his teammates. Can count the passes he received on two hands.

I don't know why that is, but we were simply happy playing it through the left and right wing mostly before his substitution.

Okazaki still is a great player with great work rates and quintessential to this team.

Well each to their own. I think he is finished. His first touch is bloody terrible and he seems to break down more attacks than the opposition's back 4. 

Well i think letting toe-poke Harry be the creative heart of midfield - mahrez train to be a  left back -vardy as a spare linesman - in case the girl couldn't handle it worked well

Hope for more of the same at Burnley - crap - but winning crap - personally i won't hear a word against the manager

Shinji is the same player (I know, I know, I claimed it was his brother) We just play differently under Puel and Shinji doesn't fit that. Previously, with our deep defence, Shinji was the link forward and had space to exploit. He could take the ball, turn and run. He was a terrier behind Vardy. Now, our defence pushes up and compresses the space and Shinji no longer has the same space to shine in. We don't do quick breakaways, we build slowly.  Vardy is similarly suffering but he can feed off scraps, and defenders always have to keep an eye on him because of his pace - that in itself is a benefit regardless of the amount of possession he gets.

I do think Okazaki will move on in the summer though. He's been brilliant for us, often making the difference, but we're a different team now and I don't see that he fits in quite as he used to.

• Like 2

We are so dull and boring, oh how we love a sideways pass and slowing everything to walking pace. Got away with it today but I'm not convinced. Chilwell and Maguire great, Albrighton and Simpson definitely not. Diabate should start. 

But great to get the three points, onwards and upwards

• Like 2

A game of 90+ minutes not 45 mins or 60 mins. pretty much cancelled each other out, Diabate made a difference when he came on but that could be a case of them tiring and pushing forward more or us opening up more. Thought the penalty was harsh as was the sending off but we did push forward and the first goal was not a quick counter it was a well worked move and good finish in open play Iborra beating Morgan to the header. Taking the lead is a major factor in this league and when you can bring on the speed merchants we have you will always have a chance to create chances. By no means a great game but 3 points will do nicely the Puel hate on here is OTT. Give the bloke the chance to bring in more of his own players 2 cup QF sitting 8th with a handful of games to go has got to be so much more than the majority hoped when Shakey left. Forget the miracle under Claudio we were at a most secure under MON and we reached a best finish of 8th in his 4 years in the top flight and this was very much a grinding out win MON style. 

• Like 1