Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mannyzlcfc

James Maddison

7 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Not familiar with this player. Is he that much better than Gray? Would Demarai not look just as good in the championship?

When we bought Gray from Birmingham he was nowhere near as good as Maddison is currently 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Not familiar with this player. Is he that much better than Gray? Would Demarai not look just as good in the championship?

It took Gray 3 seasons to get just over half the goals Maddison scored last. Doesn't look like this deal will happen now though. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Completely different players but it will remain to be seen who’s better. From what I’ve seen of Maddison he looks a class act and I’m really excited by the signing. He’s only had the one season playing at that level however, I hope he’s not written off too early here if he has a slow start. We have a habit of doing that with young players.

It can only benefit him training with premier league players as I’m sure it does Gray

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

We've just signed a player with an ideal profile. If we're ever going to have a chance with competing with the top six we can't buy established players at that level so the next best thing is to buy players with potential to perform at that level.

Maddison was arguably the best player in the Championship last season and is 21 years old. If you watch his highlight reel he can do things that ooze quality and you either have it or you don't. These aren't lucky goals with the swing of the foot.

Who knows what his ceiling is but if we can buy plenty of excellent young players with potential then we won't go far wrong. Even if he doesn't live up to expectation I'm sure his value 2-3 years down the line will still be £10m-£15m. I wish every player we signed was his profile and potential ceiling, we won't go too far wrong with signings like Maddison.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

It took Gray 3 seasons to get just over half the goals Maddison scored last. Doesn't look like this deal will happen now though. 

Wasnt gray 19 when he last played in the championship? Maddison is 21 when he was 19 was playing for aberdeen! And scored 2 goals. 

So lets try and stick to facts when writing of our bright young english talents.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

There seems to have been a shift in the media team towards more professional posts on social so I wouldn't be surprised if the media team had asked for some time to do an announcement of sorts.

Imagine the scenes when the video goes up of a big cardboard box with the Leicester badge on the side FAO C. Puel, the video starts " introducing our newest signing" people expecting Maddison and then Mahrez pops out with his 4 year contract on 300k a week and a big grin on his face. 

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Wasnt gray 19 when he last played in the championship? Maddison is 21 when he was 19 was playing for aberdeen! And scored 2 goals. 

So lets try and stick to facts when writing of our bright young english talents.

Maddison - 15 goals in 52 games.

Gray - 8 goals in 72 championship games.

not having a go at Gray. They're just facts. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I think important to bear in mind as well is the fact that he scores a lot from free kicks, and on the whole would have scored them irrespective of which league he was playing in. 

2 minutes ago, srbfox said:

Why won't this happen. Hasn't he already passed his medical? 

What's the rush? As long as he signs and is there on the first day of pre season everybody should be delighted. Makes no difference when it is announced.

Just now, srbfox said:

Why won't this happen. Hasn't he already passed his medical? 

I have a sneeky suspicion that we're (as in Norwich) on the cusp of signing a striker so perhaps a deal to allow us to make that announcement today first as to soften the blow before you guys announce Madderz later on.

4 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

What's the rush? As long as he signs and is there on the first day of pre season everybody should be delighted. Makes no difference when it is announced.

Yeah no rush at all I agree. It's best we take our time on this and get it right. 

Just need to ship out some dead wood and we'll have an excellent spine to our team. 

I  was chatting to the brother in-law the other night about moving Albrighton to righ back...what's people's thoughts on this? 

49 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Are you sure there isn’t another agenda behind your post? It’s been heavily suggested that fans low opinions of Gray isn’t related to football. :ph34r: (I’m joking ofcourse) 

Edited by SheppyFox
Changed “dark” to “another” to avoid false accusations and persecution from the moderators.

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

Are you sure there isn’t a dark agenda behind you post? It’s been heavily suggested that fans low opinions of Gray isn’t related to football. :ph34r:

Gray is shite! nothing to do with anything else! Diabate looks much more promising.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Mate it was nothing to do with Chilwell and the fee and terms were agreed 3 weeks ago.

Already has 2 medicals with us In the last couple of weeks and the final part was due to his injury I presume that took place on Monday. That was the hold up. 

Southampton or anyone else never even tabled as bid with Norwich because the message they sent out was they and the player has agreed terms and it was a done deal. 

The speculation in the press the last couple of week about other interested clubs and bids was just that. Speculation. 

Not getting into arguments but he had several “opportunities” not so much offers as well as ours. And my mate mentioned how much Chillwell talked the club up helped him make his decision, he was only with Maddison recently at a social gathering. We acted quicker than anyone else and he wanted to stay local for now as he’s purchased a house in Cov. I’m just pleased we’ve manage to sign a quality player! 

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Nowhere has said he’s signed though mate? Medical was passed but personal terms were still left to be agreed! 

He has signed people need to stop flapping.

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

always thought the medical was done after the personal terms were agreed

Correct

• Like 1