Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mannyzlcfc

James Maddison

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

Hope he turns out to be a good buy. But remember there is a hell of a gap between Championship defences and the ones he will come up against in the Prem. So lets not expect performances like on the video at least not until he gets used to he pace and class gulf.

Video? What video? Shit, if people would just post this stuff here we could get to 100 pages and he'd sign :unsure:

20 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

To be fair that video does look pretty damn good.  I don't want to go OTT but he's definitely gonna be the greatest player of all time.  X

Why the hell hasn't Stringer added him to that thing that are doing!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Nothing I know of. 

Seems to me like the plan may well be although I could be wrong to line up with 3 at the back and wing backs so not sure there will be any real need to bring in traditional wingers. 

I know defenders are still on the wanted list interest in Joe worrell at Forest but not sure if we will take it any further. 

I would not be surprised to see us go in for a wing back or 2 rather than wingers. If we are going down that road Simpson and CF don’t really fit so would need competition/cover for Chilwell and Pereira.

Please happen :fc:

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Nothing I know of. 

Seems to me like the plan may well be although I could be wrong to line up with 3 at the back and wing backs so not sure there will be any real need to bring in traditional wingers. 

I know defenders are still on the wanted list interest in Joe worrell at Forest but not sure if we will take it any further. 

I would not be surprised to see us go in for a wing back or 2 rather than wingers. If we are going down that road Simpson and CF don’t really fit so would need competition/cover for Chilwell and Pereira.

A new LWB to compete with Chilwell would be great if we’re switching to 3 at the back .

Albrighton would be good cover for Pereira imo.

Edited by Shane

4 hours ago, Albert said:

Done deal.

One of England’s most highly rated youngsters and we’ve beaten alot of big teams to secure his signature. 

Fantastic signing for the club which adds to the young talent we already have.

The more ‘informed’ people down here are impressed and dare I say it, a little envious. With him, chilwell and gray, we potentially have the rump of the next clutch of young players trying to make the next euros squad. add in wilf and kelechi and if we can keep the ones we want to, the future looks bright indeed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, goose2010 said:

Qualify for the European cup and play your under 23's to save your team for the league to try and get into the European cup? Great logic. They just need to put their hand in their pocket if I was a Burnley fan I would be starting to wonder where all the money is! 

Don't you know the annual cost of mooring a luxury yacht these days? None of BFC directors (owners) take a salary but need a bit of cash to sustain their lifestyle. But they did earn quite a bit by charging high interest on the loans needed before promotion.:)

8 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Looks pretty Lallana-esque to me, think I’ve watched that Yellow video about 4 times lol

Good shout - but a Wilshere/Lallana hybrid will only give us about 8 games per season :facepalm:

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Milo said:

Good shout - but a Wilshere/Lallana hybrid will only give us about 8 games per season :facepalm:

I was thinking he's more of a Beckham mold myself, I hope I'm right. The future is good for English football 

5 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Can’t help but feel Mahrez has to go before we can continue strengthening, not because we can’t afford it but because we must meet FFP commitments :( 

Probably true. I would imagine we’d accept £70m cash. Let’s hope we get the money with more than -14 seconds to go.

Edited by FoxinNotts

Apart from our investigation regarding the 13/14 season, what is people’s obsession with FFP?

I agree that we’ll see a lot of outgoings this summer but that’s mainly due to having a bloated squad. We’ve spent £50m this summer not £200m! We’re a top half premier league team with wealthy owners who were in the CL QF the season before last and made record profit last year!

Everton had a net spend of over £80m last season and they’re ok. Our net spend won’t be anywhere near that with our outgoings but it wouldn’t matter if it was

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Surely if this had gone through it would have been announced by now? 

chill.

12 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Surely if this had gone through it would have been announced by now? 

There seems to have been a shift in the media team towards more professional posts on social so I wouldn't be surprised if the media team had asked for some time to do an announcement of sorts.

9 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Nothing I know of. 

Even changing formation to keep Wes in the team now......

Seriously if this is true we need another center half.

Edited by coolhandfox

Just read that we might not be interested in Patrick Roberts as a result of signing JM. I like that because it shows that we are looking for players that we want to buy rather than having to choose from a squad of players.

7 minutes ago, smr said:

Just read that we might not be interested in Patrick Roberts as a result of signing JM. I like that because it shows that we are looking for players that we want to buy rather than having to choose from a squad of players.

Or it tells us that we are going to play Maddison wastefully on the wing rather than at number ten as a Mahrez replacement lol 

I think there’s a misunderstanding relating to FFP. The baseline financial figures will never be a problem (the club made an £80m profit). The area that’s very difficult to deal with is the complex & over baring Sporting rules. 

One of these is the annual value of players  and their ‘amortisation’ on the books. Spending £50mish on Musa, Slimani & Mendy only to see that depreciate startlingly (under UEFA’s rules) was a big blow. Leicester will struggle to sell for their ‘book’ value & the loans were less than ideal to fit UEFA’s criteria. 

Selling Mahrez will surely help but adding another such as Gray could be vital. 

Short story its a pain in the ass if you buy big & make mistakes. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AjcW said:

There seems to have been a shift in the media team towards more professional posts on social so I wouldn't be surprised if the media team had asked for some time to do an announcement of sorts.

You mean its taking them longer to edit the fifth finger on each hand out lol lol lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1