Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mannyzlcfc

James Maddison

5 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Boyd ran 1040 miles in 19 games

s? That's 54 miles per game... Even including cups it's about 35-40 miles per game? That can't be right.

Artistic licence ...I am allowed to exaggerate slightly.:)

Edited by lancyclaret
  • Haha 2

Cracking signing! It was always us he wanted to join, mainly because he wants to play football and he’s just purchased a gaff in Cov with his Mrs, I’ve been led to believe Chillwell was instrumental in making his mind up! My mate told me today that it was just hinging on his injury (no pun intended) but the we were happy to make the offer once he satisfied the medical staff. Should be fit for the season, he’s been back into light training apparently. 

Good attitude and his goal is to play for his national side by the end of the season, my mate also said there is a likeable arrogance about him too, he backs his own ability but walks the walk and talks the talk. Genuinely looking forward to seeing him play! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I did say expect an announcement in a about a months time when I called it about 3 weeks ago! 

You got a a lot of grief from the usual suspects…. I’ve not seen too much in the way of an apology since…

the average foxes talker appreciates these kind of insights…. Especially those who put a lump on 3 weeks ago :P  (not including me :angry:)

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Cracking signing! It was always us he wanted to join, mainly because he wants to play football and he’s just purchased a gaff in Cov with his Mrs, I’ve been led to believe Chillwell was instrumental in making his mind up! My mate told me today that it was just hinging on his injury (no pun intended) but the we were happy to make the offer once he satisfied the medical staff. Should be fit for the season, he’s been back into light training apparently. 

Good attitude and his goal is to play for his national side by the end of the season, my mate also said there is a likeable arrogance about him too, he backs his own ability but walks the walk and talks the talk. Genuinely looking forward to seeing him play! 

Cheers mate, might be a couple people on here that owe you a few drinks (or other beverage of your choice) lol

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Is he better than Mark Draper?

If he performs as well as Draper did here he'll be a superstar. That season he had with us was one of the best players I've ever seen in a Leicester shirt.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

Mate it was nothing to do with Chilwell and the fee and terms were agreed 3 weeks ago.

Already has 2 medicals with us In the last couple of weeks and the final part was due to his injury I presume that took place on Monday. That was the hold up. 

Southampton or anyone else never even tabled as bid with Norwich because the message they sent out was they and the player has agreed terms and it was a done deal. 

The speculation in the press the last couple of week about other interested clubs and bids was just that. Speculation. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Mate it was nothing to do with Chilwell and the fee and terms were agreed 3 weeks ago.

Already has 2 medicals with us In the last couple of weeks and the final part was due to his injury I presume that took place on Monday. That was the hold up. 

Southampton or anyone else never even tabled as bid with Norwich because the message they sent out was they and the player has agreed terms and it was a done deal. 

The speculation in the press the last couple of week about other interested clubs and bids was just that. Speculation. 

If that’s the case we really did set out our stall early in the close season and got some good early business done... I’m impressed!

• Like 1

The way he picks up the ball in midfield, gets a yard of space and then breaks forward is really refreshing. I haven’t seen a player play in that way for Leicester for a long time and it’ll be brilliant to have a positive midfielder who can break the lines and create something through the middle. Looks to have some vision and can pick a pass too, which should compliment Vardy fantastically. Great window so far! 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Milo said:

Looks a bit Jack Wishere-ish on the vids. 

Low centre of gravity and twisty-turney with little bursts of acceleration. 

Happy with this. 

Looks pretty Lallana-esque to me, think I’ve watched that Yellow video about 4 times lol

Hope he turns out to be a good buy. But remember there is a hell of a gap between Championship defences and the ones he will come up against in the Prem. So lets not expect performances like on the video at least not until he gets used to he pace and class gulf.

Edited by Bunyip
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Cheers Fin, you expect there to be movement in the winger department with Mahrez leaving soonish? 

10 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

Cheers Fin, you expect there to be movement in the winger department with Mahrez leaving soonish? 

Nothing I know of. 

Seems to me like the plan may well be although I could be wrong to line up with 3 at the back and wing backs so not sure there will be any real need to bring in traditional wingers. 

I know defenders are still on the wanted list interest in Joe worrell at Forest but not sure if we will take it any further. 

I would not be surprised to see us go in for a wing back or 2 rather than wingers. If we are going down that road Simpson and CF don’t really fit so would need competition/cover for Chilwell and Pereira.

• Like 1