Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Who do you want Summer 2018

2 hours ago, City1884 said:

He signed a new contract in October at Boro.

He still seems to be available for the right offer, (around £15m) but his wages are probably much higher than they were prior to signing that new contract. Maybe that’s a factor?

I could have sworn Southampton signed him but apparently not.

It 's a warning for good players who get relegated. This time last year Maguire and Gibson were relegated with their clubs and Gibson was ahead of Maguire in the England set up. A year later Maguire has had a stellar World Cup and linked with £65m moves to Man Utd whilst Gibson looks like he'll be spending at least another season in the Championship and a somewhat forgotten man.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If they get him I'll be disgusted.

Apparently they've also bid £8.9mil for Maxime Gonalons from Roma. Whether they'd be entertaining the idea of both or not I'm not sure. Max Meyer on a free transfer would be an astute addition for just about everyone in the PL. 

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Apparently they've also bid £8.9mil for Maxime Gonalons from Roma. Whether they'd be entertaining the idea of both or not I'm not sure. Max Meyer on a free transfer would be an astute addition for just about everyone in the PL. 

Gonalons is gross but Meyer is a very good attacking midfielder, can play anywhere. He'd be superb for us in our new setup in the Mahrez free era.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Gonalons is gross but Meyer is a very good attacking midfielder, can play anywhere. He'd be superb for us in our new setup in the Mahrez free era.

I agree, also very capable of playing deeper - hypothetically he could offer another option alongside Maddison/Iheanacho/Okazaki behind Vardy or slot in alongside Ndidi at the expense of Silva/Iborra/the many others. Just very bloated in CM so, again hypothetically, we'd struggle to accommodate another body there right now imo.

2 hours ago, City1884 said:

He’s still young (21) so isn’t going to have stupidly great stats, however............

He’s young, English (so transfer value is more likely to grow than drop), was obviously highly rated by good scouts / coaches (Man City don’t usually waste good money on crap), had a very good spell at Celtic (1 goal every 4 games is great for a winger), leading them to want him back again, he’s been involved in the England set up, he’s experienced a winning mentality (unbeaten Celtic season), he’d be hungry and determined to prove himself in the Premier League.

I’m not sure what more you could ask for from a 21 year old really?

(His stats are comparable if not better than Demarai Gray, and most City fans seem happy to have him? Not a world beater, but definitely good enough for our squad, and a better option than Diabate in my opinion?)

But we need first team players. He wont be one. Might look good in league 1 standard Celtic, Man City clearly don't rate him that highly or they wouldn't sell. We already have plenty of youth, on the wings, which need development as it is. So still not sure why we would want him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Heard that we are in for leon bailey, when i heard i was a bit like 'no chance' but the person who i trust was like you might be suprised with this one.

Will see - will cost a fortune and it would take a job persuading him but he's a hell of a player. I'd take a year of him before he joins the big boys.

This would be huge if true! But I was thinking mate, can’t you tell your insider at the club to put the name Hakim Ziyech forward? He is a realistic target at a good price, he would tick all the boxes. So surely you could put him forward. 

And if you want, Mina, Gibson and Mawson to cover the CB issue. 

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

6 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Palace linked with Max Meyer. If he's struggling to get his move to a big club, could be one to look at.

Max Meyer is now a free agent, but the reason no-one is picking him up is because his agent is demanding his wages are at least £150k per week!

Even with no transfer fee, he isn’t going to be given a contract by us, (or anyone else in the premier league for that matter) that would make him our top earner when walking into the club.

2 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Max Meyer is now a free agent, but the reason no-one is picking him up is because his agent is demanding his wages are at least £150k per week!

Even with no transfer fee, he isn’t going to be given a contract by us, (or anyone else in the premier league for that matter) that would make him our top earner when walking into the club.

Could we not just give him a big signing on fee to get round this?  

Edited by breadandcheese

1 minute ago, breadandcheese said:

Could we not just give him a big signing on fee to get round this?  

You think an agent that is demanding £150k a week for his player isn’t going to be demanding a huge signing on fee for his player, and a huge agent fee for himself aswell??

Unless the demands drop significantly, he isn’t going to be signing for anyone soon.

Just now, City1884 said:

You think an agent that is demanding £150k a week for his player isn’t going to be demanding a huge signing on fee for his player, and a huge agent fee for himself aswell??

Unless the demands drop significantly, he isn’t going to be signing for anyone soon.

I appreciate that, but think we should do it.  We've sold Mahrez and possibly will be selling Maguire for a large amount.  Let's get a top player in to sit alongside N'Didi in midfield.  

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Palace linked with Max Meyer. If he's struggling to get his move to a big club, could be one to look at.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If they get him I'll be disgusted.

29 minutes ago, City1884 said:

Max Meyer is close to joining Hoffenheim according to latest news.

• Sad 1

Still can't see us signing a winger for more than £15m, but happy to be proven wrong. Di Marzio said we've been trying to get Malcom and now are looking for someone similar, so **** knows whats really happening, Bailey could be an actual target but i'd be very shocked.

5 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Still can't see us signing a winger for more than £15m, but happy to be proven wrong. Di Marzio said we've been trying to get Malcom and now are looking for someone similar, so **** knows whats really happening, Bailey could be an actual target but i'd be very shocked.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was a target. I'd be gobsmacked if we actually convinced him to come 

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

I wouldn't be shocked if he was a target. I'd be gobsmacked if we actually convinced him to come 

Clearly there's some sort of ambition for a winger, reports of us attempting to highjack the brighton winger last minute aswell to match this supposed attempt for Malcom. 

At the notts county game I literally got told by a guy close with Neville that we weren't signing anyone else big and needed to offload so i'll be extra shocked lol

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Open the Leon Bailey thread, here is a link that's as good as all the others on here you tight wads https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5131877/leon-bailey-england-world-cup-who-bayer-leverkusen/

I'm all for getting links up and feeding us Information to many are quick to even block or ban people i.e. the ITKs. Can't remember his name but he disappeared after the maddsion signing after he said he got banned for giving info out atleast his information was quite accurate.

However enough of that, that link doesn't say anything about leicester lol.