Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You broke the bookies when you won it. They're shit scared of offering anything realistic now. Hill for example only have us at 66s to win the league and 8/1 for top four. Ridiculous prices.

We aren't going to be anywhere near the top 6 in our first season. We have to make sure we build a solid foundation first, then try and push on.

I think you'll be fine- maybe not top half, but midtable. 

I don't know the ins and outs of the Mendes deal- he's obviously got the pulling power to get players too good for the Championship, but is there a limit on the quality he can attract? 

Obviously Mendes can attract players way too good for the Championship. In the PL that's going to be harder, although I have no doubt he'll get us some top players. 

We've been linked with Andre Silva, Alex Telles, Jack Wilshere, Aboubakar. Even Andre Gomes albeit tenuously. I think we'll get some nuggets. I'd love Soares from Southampton too personally. 

Oh and please don't listen to Steve Bull. Love the guy but he's not the sharpest tool in the box and is akin to any other mouthy fan. Talks nonsense. 

• Like 2

Wolves will lose their very best 2/3 players to The Big Six or Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc.

Players are only human and, after the money, the glamour is the big attraction. London, Madrid, Munich, Rome OR Wolverhampton (which I quite like myself).

Edited by lancyclaret

3 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

Wolves will lose their very best 2/3 players to The Big Six or Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona etc.

Players are only human and, after the money, the glamour is the big attraction. London, Madrid, Munich, Rome OR Wolverhampton (which I quite like myself).

We've managed to hold onto Riyad Mahrez who is 10 times the player anybody Wolves have on their books. It costs too much to buy from English clubs

28 minutes ago, lancyclaret said:

You're forgetting Todmorden there (or Double Death to those in the know...)

Anyone who underestimates this Wolves side does so at their peril. They will attract some very good players and will comfortably stay up. I fully expect them to finish top 10 with two or three good additions to the squad. Certainly don't want to play them either home or away first match of the season.

Otherwise it will be the same sides at the top and the same sides struggling along to avoid relegation. Have to say I think we may struggle badly next season.

Fully expect Everton to have a new manager and to do much better. Hard to see Burnley doing as well again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Top 10 may be a bit too ambitious first season. We'd have to hit the ground running and get all our signings right. I'd be very happy with anywhere near the top half. 

Phil Parkinson (Bolton manager) said today after we beat them that he thinks we'd be top 10 as it currently stands. I sincerely hope he's right. 

On 16 April 2018 at 19:24, The Bear said:

Oh and please don't listen to Steve Bull. Love the guy but he's not the sharpest tool in the box and is akin to any other mouthy fan. Talks nonsense. 

Walsh knocked any sense he had out of him years ago. Back in the day. :D

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:07, lancyclaret said:

What drugs are you on? You're slagging off Wolverhampton with the second city just down the road lol lol You come from the shitehole that is Burnley FFS Wellingborough is bigger. lol lol lol 

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

What drugs are you on? You're slagging off Wolverhampton with the second city just down the road lol lol You come from the shitehole that is Burnley FFS Wellingborough is bigger. lol lol lol 

I was born half a mile from Anfield (Breck Road) but actually live in Sutton Coldfield now (8 miles NE of Birmingham...Villa country).:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the rumours of us signing Rui Patricio (GK) are gathering pace. Nuno is said to want him, circa £30m, and we aren't afraid to outbid Napoli according to reports. Just whether we can convince him to come. 

I'd be surprised if we didn't sign Andre Silva too. Even with Monaco the other team interested. 

Portu-hampton indeed. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

We didn’t win for about 20 games in our first season up with a squad that got more points than Wolves did in the championship. They’ll probably finish mid table 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Looks like the rumours of us signing Rui Patricio (GK) are gathering pace. Nuno is said to want him, circa £30m, and we aren't afraid to outbid Napoli according to reports. Just whether we can convince him to come. 

I'd be surprised if we didn't sign Andre Silva too. Even with Monaco the other team interested. 

Portu-hampton indeed. 

You're going to be so disappointed when you start the season with Musa and Slimani up front mate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/04/2018 at 15:39, st albans fox said:

wolves look like they will beat our points total. That takes some doing and, imo, is the sign of a team that’s will do well next couple,of seasons in the prem. 

and wierdly they secured the title at bolton ..............

Interesting that they failed to get over 100 points

they should have managed it - away at relegated s’land

we got to 102 against a Doncaster side fighting to avoid relegation 

That tells me something about the mentality of the wolves side 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Interesting that they failed to get over 100 points

they should have managed it - away at relegated s’land

we got to 102 against a Doncaster side fighting to avoid relegation 

That tells me something about the mentality of the wolves side 

Not really. We were without 4 or 5 of our best players, and they were well and truly on the beach. I watched it and it was like a training session. In fact it was exactly how you lot played when we beat you in pre-season. Didn't look bothered. 

It's slightly annoying as I'd have liked 100+ points, but ultimately who cares unless you're equalling/breaking the 106 record?