Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

On 21/04/2018 at 23:25, The Bear said:

Top 10 may be a bit too ambitious first season. We'd have to hit the ground running and get all our signings right. I'd be very happy with anywhere near the top half. 

Phil Parkinson (Bolton manager) said today after we beat them that he thinks we'd be top 10 as it currently stands. I sincerely hope he's right. 

He's not. Wolves would do well to stay up being as its their first season back. Survive for two seasons and then you'll be in a position to talk about the top 10. It's not as simple as you are making it out to be. We went up after amassing more points than Wolves did and we struggled for 80% of the season. Having said that, I reckon there will be three worse teams than Wolves next season, don't think you've got a cat in hell's chance of finishing top 10 though. 

To be fair it's a bit premature to be commenting on how Wolves or anyone else will do before we've seen a few transfer ins and outs.

You'd imagine with Jorge Mendes involved Wolves will probably make some big signings. If they managed to get Neves to play in the Championship who knows who they may be able to attract. I'd imagine their squad will look quite different when August come round.

38 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Rumours coming out that Arteta to take over at Arsenal is nearly done. Brave move by both. Big risk as a first job.

Makes the top six very possible. Let's hope spuds pull a stunt like it if poch goes.

16 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Fat Sam sacked as Everton manager!

I don't think the fans warmed to him at all did they?

Clearly a stop gap move - but is Marco Silva the answer to their problems...

Will he bring the attractive football and winning results the Everton fans crave..

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Will he bring the attractive football and winning results the Everton fans crave..

I think you’re in the best position to answer that question 

9 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I think you’re in the best position to answer that question 

Well we did play some good football but also had a few shockers - maybe because he had eyes set on Everton and wasn't fully focused.

Certainly our defence even under Silva wasn't great but he did get the best out of Richarlison and Doucouré. 

If Everton want good football but to still come mid-table then he is probably their man but anything above that and maybe they ought to look elsewhere.

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

Fat Sam sacked as Everton manager!

Allardyce will be paid the vast majority of the final 12 months of his contract, estimated to be around £6m.

Edited by Jattdogg

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

I very much doubt it - Everton are deluded if they see themselves as a top 4 club. Fair play to Moshiri though, spending 160 million on a load of misfits and  shit players recommended by Koeman and Walsh then paying off Koeman and Allardyce (and presumably Walsh in due course). He'll make a small fortune out of owning the club -good job he started with a large one:D

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Moyes gone too.

Going to be interesting next year, our fans think we should be getting 7th or above. Everton will think they should be there as well. Even West Ham, with the income they now generate from that stadium will be thinking the same. Plus you could have a huge club like Villa coming back up, who think they should be a top 7 premier league team. Then there is Newcastle who really should be if they ever get managed properly from the top. Watford and Palace invest just as heavily as us, and then a wild card like Wolves and their dodgy agent setup.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Going to be interesting next year, our fans think we should be getting 7th or above. Everton will think they should be there as well. Even West Ham, with the income they now generate from that stadium will be thinking the same. Plus you could have a huge club like Villa coming back up, who think they should be a top 7 premier league team. Then there is Newcastle who really should be if they ever get managed properly from the top. Watford and Palace invest just as heavily as us, and then a wild card like Wolves and their dodgy agent setup.

Totally agree. 

Looks like Spurs will be playing home games at Wembley again.

Looks great (from the inside), great one tiered stand, unfortunately just when we think we'll have a truly great 'end' in the premier league the club ruin it with a stupid pricing structure.

FB_IMG_1523804886672.jpg.21acf3177842964

West Ham have decided not to renew David Moyes' contract. Do you think that with Allardyce and Moyes being moved on their might be a knock-on effect for Puel? I.e. if we really wanted the likes of Benitez / Fonseca / Silva then we'd have to move now rather than waiting.

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Looks like Spurs will be playing home games at Wembley again.

Looks great (from the inside), great one tiered stand, unfortunately just when we think we'll have a truly great 'end' in the premier league the club ruin it with a stupid pricing structure.

FB_IMG_1523804886672.jpg.21acf3177842964

New WHL will be the best stadium in the country, no doubt. Certainly in terms of facilities. The price of tickets is crazy yet they've shifted nearly of them!

They seem confident it will be ready by September but expect them to play their first few games away.

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Rumours coming out that Arteta to take over at Arsenal is nearly done. Brave move by both. Big risk as a first job.

yes that would be a ballsy appointment -I suspect that a major rebuild job will be required and the board will have to fund that or risk being made to look the fall guys in the event of failure

11 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

New WHL will be the best stadium in the country, no doubt. Certainly in terms of facilities. The price of tickets is crazy yet they've shifted nearly of them!

They seem confident it will be ready by September but expect them to play their first few games away.

It isn't the case of just high prices, but the different pricing structures for that one end, so instead of having an end where an atmosphere could have been immense, you'll have a mixture of those wanting to stand and sing an lots of prawn sandwich sitting down types all mixed together, another great opportunity ruined.