Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Allardyce, Moyes, Pardew all out of work,.

How many of them will be managing a Prem club in relegation danger come January?

Hopefully not us.

I was going to make a joke on the lines of "Pards to Everton, Moyes to WBA..." etc before realising there's not a combination that has all three at each others clubs they haven't managed. 

Tragic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It isn't the case of just high prices, but the different pricing structures for that one end, so instead of having an end where an atmosphere could have been immense, you'll have a mixture of those wanting to stand and sing an lots of prawn sandwich sitting down types all mixed together, another great opportunity ruined.

agree. they think that just because they've found 50,000 people to pony up for these tickets then it's ok. And maybe it is - but how many of those are young "new blood"? Plenty of 40 and 50 somethings living in the home counties with plenty of spare dosh but probably not many teens and 20 somethings for around Tottenham itself.

Just now, Finnegan said:

I was going to make a joke on the lines of "Pards to Everton, Moyes to WBA..." etc before realising there's not a combination that has all three at each others clubs they haven't managed. 

Tragic.

Im going to say Allardyce to Cardiff in December and Moyes to Villa in January.

Pardew to fall off the merry go round, like Curbishley and Jewel before him

55 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It isn't the case of just high prices, but the different pricing structures for that one end, so instead of having an end where an atmosphere could have been immense, you'll have a mixture of those wanting to stand and sing an lots of prawn sandwich sitting down types all mixed together, another great opportunity ruined.

I don't think they would sell many prawn sandwiches at WHL

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hodgson did a pretty good job this year.....

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He certainly did - found a system to get the best from what he had and finfished the season strongly

Should be comfortable top ten next season and possibly doing a Burnley 

When he was linked to us last year I said he'd do a good job. I was the only one who text in Radio Leicester and backed him to which they wanted me to go on air lol

He's good with those sort of jobs. Look what he did at Fulham. There's no doubt if you want to stay and up and be solid he'd be a solid choice. Too many people let his job at England cloud their judgement. His jobs at Fulham and WBA were superb.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

When he was linked to us last year I said he'd do a good job. I was the only one who text in Radio Leicester and backed him to which they wanted me to go on air lol

He's good with those sort of jobs. Look what he did at Fulham. There's no doubt if you want to stay and up and be solid he'd be a solid choice. Too many people let his job at England cloud their judgement. His jobs at Fulham and WBA were superb.

Solid at a middle size club, with lower expectations, struggled at Liverpool and England.

I think he would have done as well as Puel.

Edited by coolhandfox

2 hours ago, Mrfox452 said:

Just me who thinks that's a bit harsh on Moyes?

No - I agree he was badly treated . I hope he takes Karen and the dildos to the cleaners . Fat Sam was badly treated too and he is looking at a 6 mill payout 

Reckon Allardyce will go to West Ham now, and Moyes to Swansea.

There's a few decent young managers in the lower leagues that should be given a good opportunity to manage more higher (such as Paul Hurst, Chris Powell, Adams at Plymouth etc).

But unfortunately those in these lower league have very little change to manage in the PL unless they do something extraordinary imo.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Reckon Allardyce will go to West Ham now, and Moyes to Swansea.

There's a few decent young managers in the lower leagues that should be given a good opportunity to manage more higher (such as Paul Hurst, Chris Powell, Adams at Plymouth etc).

But unfortunately those in these lower league have very little change to manage in the PL unless they do something extraordinary imo.

Not a bloody chance! The fans would burn the stadium down in protest if they reappointed him! lol

You could be right on Moyes though. Allardyce will no doubt show up in 6 months time when a club is desperate and trying to avoid relegation and willing to sell their soul 

SSN sources (yes I know) - wet spam targeting Rafa. Now I’m pretty sure that we would have already done this. if Rafa did go to West Ham then that would reflect pretty badly on our club, especially as Macia is already here. 

Of course the narrative remains that puel is staying ...........

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

SSN sources (yes I know) - wet spam targeting Rafa. Now I’m pretty sure that we would have already done this. if Rafa did go to West Ham then that would reflect pretty badly on our club, especially as Macia is already here. 

Of course the narrative remains that puel is staying ...........

The biggest thing i took from the news was that Rafa apparently has a £6million release clause from his contract! 

Well worth that if true! Convincing him to join maybe a little harder but surely we have more clout than West Ham and their money grabbing owners! 

I actually think Puel will stay now, but Benitez would be a great appointment and statement for our future

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Not a bloody chance! The fans would burn the stadium down in protest if they reappointed him! lol

You could be right on Moyes though. Allardyce will no doubt show up in 6 months time when a club is desperate and trying to avoid relegation and willing to sell their soul 

Breaking News... 2nd January 2019..

Bottom club Leicester City appoint Sam Allardyce as their new Manager to replace Marco Silva. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

I think the phrase "Delusions Of Grandeur" was invented for the West Ham owners.

The stages of delusion

Delusions of Grandeur

Delusions of success

Delusions of not being pelted by the home supporters

Delusions of being remembered as something other than “dildo brothers”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

I think the phrase "Delusions Of Grandeur" was invented for the West Ham owners.

I think it's more cynical than that - pretend to be chasing top players and managers and trying to make them a top side whilst rarely paying out in the hope you can fool the fans into thinking you're not just there to loot the club

• Like 1