Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

This has rattled a few people

Everton fans are pricks but I think Newcastle fans have been humbled in the last 10 years, although they do wank themselves to their attendance figures. I'd swap Newcastle with West Ham in that tweet. West Ham get a disproportionate amount of media coverage considering the size of their club. Pretty average club with a lot of celebrity fans really. The only thing they had going for them was their great academy and the quality players that came out of West Ham but even that is gone now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Lots of reports of Mikel Arteta becoming Arsenal manager.

Can't get my head round it, would be like Man United appointing Giggsy.

How is Arteta more qualified for the role than Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe or even Mick McCarthy!

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How is Arteta more qualified for the role than Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe or even Mick McCarthy!

Cheaper......

25 minutes ago, Tuna said:

How is Arteta more qualified for the role than Sean Dyche, Eddie Howe or even Mick McCarthy

Now that’d be a left field appointment. AFTV would break the internet

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

Arteta does seem like a huge gamble. Think he's clearly got something about him but seems a very risky move for Arsenal. It's different walking into someone like Barcelona where the set up is so strong it makes it possible for a manager to come in and win the league without being a genius. Arsenal's squad is the weakest of the top six for me, and quite comfortably.

I think Arsenal to come 6th is basically quite nailed on again next year.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Arteta does seem like a huge gamble. Think he's clearly got something about him but seems a very risky move for Arsenal. It's different walking into someone like Barcelona where the set up is so strong it makes it possible for a manager to come in and win the league without being a genius. Arsenal's squad is the weakest of the top six for me, and quite comfortably.

I think Arsenal to come 6th is basically quite nailed on again next year.

6th was possible this year. If they get Arteta in it could be time to break into the top six. Very risky game they are playing bringing in a total in known.

They used to give it managers with no experience. Plenty of examples. Paisley is one of the greatest managers of all time, he won multiple titles and European Cups at Liverpool, but he was only Shankly's assistant.

So why any different nowadays?

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They used to give it managers with no experience. Plenty of examples. Paisley is one of the greatest managers of all time, he won multiple titles and European Cups at Liverpool, but he was only Shankly's assistant.

So why any different nowadays?

Yes but Paisley inherited one of the best squads English football has seen ..... Arteta won't be.

41 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

Yes but Paisley inherited one of the best squads English football has seen ..... Arteta won't be.

I think the Country will be intrigued to see how it goes for Arteta. He must be highly thought of.

Edited by Fox92

8 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Hoping they get relegated already. Seem a bit delusional to me. And why aspire to a club that have won nothing?

We mock Spurs for fun here but I have respect for them in how they have built their club without being bank rolled by a country. Their fans are cvnts but I do respect Tottenham Hotspur as a club. 

Wolves fans do seem delusional though I agree. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

We mock Spurs for fun here but I have respect for them in how they have built their club without being bank rolled by a country. Their fans are cvnts but I do respect Tottenham Hotspur as a club. 

Yeah they are well run to be fair, although I do feel they’ve been missed their chance to win things. Players like Kane and Alli won’t stay loyal forever

14 minutes ago, Koke said:

I love your choice of the word WE.

You may mock them for fun but please don't talk for me or include me in your statement.

I fecking hate them for real not for fun. Party at mine if they ever go bust lol lol 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah they are well run to be fair, although I do feel they’ve been missed their chance to win things. Players like Kane and Alli won’t stay loyal forever

Wasn't revealed recently that levy is their top earner? Might seem well run at the minute but it'll all come crashing down if that continues 

Don’t know about Wolves, they are one of the better footballing sides to come up in recent years and depending on how busy their summer is they could be a surprise package.

Dont expect them to be top 6 though. Their squad is very thin at the moment, the demands of the prem may expose them in that sense.  I’d say they’ll have a mid table finish.