Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

9 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I didn't get that sorry!

I wasn't having  go at Sterling in particular, it was a flippant comment, there just seems a propensity for people these days to blame everyone else rather than look at themselves. The attitude is the product of a World where all criticism is deemed unnecessary and unacceptable, even when it's constructive at times. The modern way is to 'like' and praise everyone which makes any criticism start to seem harsh.

As for the point he's making, personally, I think some of the treatment Sterling gets is shocking, especially when playing for England and I agree with the sentiments of what he's said.today regarding others too. Footballers get singled out for all types of reasons and race, at times, is one of those reasons. I'm not sure that's it in his case though. It may be the simple fact that he represents England whilst having no English relatives at all. If it's either of those reasons, it's a sad indictment of how little we've moved on either way.

There will be others who simply think he shouldn't play based on his performances but I don't think that's the only reason for some people.

Just now, Max Wall said:

I wasn't having  go at Sterling in particular, it was a flippant comment, there just seems a propensity for people these days to blame everyone else rather than look at themselves. The attitude is the product of a World where all criticism is deemed unnecessary and unacceptable, even when it's constructive at times. The modern way is to 'like' and praise everyone which makes any criticism start to seem harsh.

As for the point he's making, personally, I think some of the treatment Sterling gets is shocking, especially when playing for England and I agree with the sentiments of what he's said.today regarding others too. Footballers get singled out for all types of reasons and race, at times, is one of those reasons. I'm not sure that's it in his case though. It may be the simple fact that he represents England whilst having no English relatives at all. If it's either of those reasons, it's a sad indictment of how little we've moved on either way.

There will be others who simply think he shouldn't play based on his performances but I don't think that's the only reason for some people.

Criticism of him has been vicious and stupid. Media about his tattoos or buying his Mum a house, or idiot fans booing him because England did shit in the Euros. He's been good for England apart from struggling to score. But he's fixed that for his club and will probably soon do the same for his country

Surprised he still wants to play for us after the Euros

• Like 1

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Criticism of him has been vicious and stupid. Media about his tattoos or buying his Mum a house, or idiot fans booing him because England did shit in the Euros. He's been good for England apart from struggling to score. But he's fixed that for his club and will probably soon do the same for his country

Absolutely and absolutely.

If I'd been him, I've have stuck two fingers up after the stick he's had. The England national team needs him more than he needs them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Yes. Imagine if we still though that poor spelling was a remotely relevant to whether someone was being thoughtful.

2 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Wasn't specifically aimed at you, although the sarcastic aside to the original comment I was referring to was a bit bizarre. 

Fair enough.

I should have separated the two parts of my reply for clarity. I do think people are quick to look at others for blame instead of within but that has no bearing on the fact that I believe Sterling's comments today are mostly correct and justified.

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know there's a lot of knee jerk reactions since last night's match but losing to Spurs is another worrying sign of the gap between the top teams and the rest. And they didnt even buy anyone in the summer...

If we finish in the same position as we are now but manage to win the FA and/or League Cup, via beating some top teams at the end, would LCFC be then be classified as a 'top team' as well?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Fixed struggling to score for Man City? He's gotten double figures in all comps since his first season there. He's scoring more now, absolutely – but it wasn't ever a problem, really.

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

Fixed struggling to score for Man City? He's gotten double figures in all comps since his first season there. He's scoring more now, absolutely – but it wasn't ever a problem, really.

Fair point. I didnt know he stats of his first season, just remember he still had a good number of clangers in him.

He used to miss regularly from 2 yards out. Much more clinical now

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Well done sterling for speaking out, the next step would be for clubs to boycott certain tabloids for the way they treat their players.

welcome to an idea liverpool had 30 years ago. pretty sure we get ridiculed for it by most other football fans in the country too. 

• Like 1