Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fascinating to see Man City’s front 3 tonight with 3 forwards and no traditional striker. Their players are a class apart but shows you football can be played that way and why you don’t necessarily need an abundance of strikers. 

Didin't work too well.

Mahrez as false 9 was the worst idea of all possible bad ideas. Aside from one good through ball Sané squandered, he did absolutely nothing there and broke the team's balance. Not that he influenced the game much after Jesus came on.

Edited by That_Dude

33 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Well, this is a good result for the PL, not sure about our fantasy teams.  (Although it's Hazard vs Sterling, the wife has Ederson and we both have Laporte...)

(EDIT: It gets bad when I forget who's in my team after all the transfers :P )

You still banging on about this imaginary wife of yours!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

You still banging on about this imaginary wife of yours!

Do I have to warn you that she knows Aikido? :P  (My Mum knows much nastier stuff than that, but she's still away on her year-long round-the-world retirement trip.)

EDIT: I wonder if the posters on whatever Arsenal forum she uses think I'm imaginary, too? ;)

EDIT:2 Apparently there are a couple of Arsenal forums, and she's got accounts on all of them :P

Edited by PhillippaT

24 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Chelsea? 8 points easily overturned ... glad Man City are beaten... and I hope more teams in the league don’t sit back against them 

Chelsea haven’t got a chance bud,  it’s Liverpool to win the title for me with only Manchester City capable of stopping them 

6 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Chelsea haven’t got a chance bud,  it’s Liverpool to win the title for me with only Manchester City capable of stopping them 

Well it isn’t Christmas yet, teams will see what Chelsea did and Liverpool are vulnerable... I think arsenal and Chelsea are there... if it was that simple many a title would have been decided before Christmas, but rarely the case 

5 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well it isn’t Christmas yet, teams will see what Chelsea did and Liverpool are vulnerable... I think arsenal and Chelsea are there... if it was that simple many a title would have been decided before Christmas, but rarely the case 

I hope you are right bud I really do

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Zaha and Tomkins both booked today and suspended next week....decent for us.

Good point and good news. More of their play will go through Townshend who might relish the opportunity for a more balanced spread of possession for a change but we should have enough to cope with him and it undoubtably makes it an easier proposition for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

No idea how the ref had decided that's a second yellow for Zambo in the challenge with Rashford. Annoyingly for Fulham as it's not a straight red, they can't appeal.

Was thinking the same, no way on earth was that a second booking. Sums up the officiating in this league