Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

And some change left over for his hair cuts 

Probably wouldn't cover the cost. 

Your initial point was pretty spot on though Uni. An £180 million difference is probably 2/3 special players, that's quite an advantage within your team/squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Wall said:

Probably wouldn't cover the cost. 

Your initial point was pretty spot on though Uni. An £180 million difference is probably 2/3 special players, that's quite an advantage within your team/squad.

In player terms thats Sane, Mahrez, Jesus and Sterling pretty much. 4 huge players and game winners. It's scary the difference they can make, and that's comparing 1st and 2nd in the league. The gulf between the rest of the league and these is ridiculous

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

In player terms thats Sane, Mahrez, Jesus and Sterling pretty much. 4 huge players and game winners. It's scary the difference they can make, and that's comparing 1st and 2nd in the league. The gulf between the rest of the league and these is ridiculous

Yeah, totally agree. Unfortunately I appear to have repped out today so have this by way of agreement :thumbup:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So did some adding...

Man City squad yesterday cost around 670 million (not including the 3 kids on the bench) 

Liverpool today: 483 million 

So quite a big difference, with Liverpool at basically full strength and City missing Mendy and David Silva who cost a fair bit each 

lols i did say starting 11 tbf 

just not sure any of the “top 6” can really cry about being outspent (obviously bar spurs), most of them are just rubbish at spending it. eg. united. and pretty much liverpool for years until now when they finally bought a centre half and a goalkeeper. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Remember when people said we shouldn’t sign him for that price...

Wasnt Ghezzal the same price? Lol 

I think he had a release clause hence the low price but yeah if he was at all interested in coming here we should have been all over it.

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

lols i did say starting 11 tbf 

just not sure any of the “top 6” can really cry about being outspent (obviously bar spurs), most of them are just rubbish at spending it. eg. united. and pretty much liverpool for years until now when they finally bought a centre half and a goalkeeper. 

Got a bit carried away and thought id chuck in the bench too :D

Oh yeah none can scream unfairness in the transfer market, all have spent stupid amounts. Look at the amount Utd have spent. When you look at the amount Liverpool were robbed paying for the likes of Henderson and lallana. 

Wouldn't say spurs are allowed to complain, they're building a 400million quid stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think he had a release clause hence the low price but yeah if he was at all interested in coming here we should have been all over it.

He wasn’t 

he didn’t have a relegation clause at stoke to come to Leicester!

just shows what can happen if you shoot at the goal rather than over the bar! 

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

Not quite the thrashing I wanted but it will do.   JM can tell the press his side were the better team on the day but Liverpool got lucky with deflections

Don't think he'll go that route, They were completely outplayed, showed nothing and he has a war in the dressing room (Pogba).