Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I know they’ve only lost once, but I’m just not convinced this Liverpool team is a title winning team. 

I can’t pinpoint exactly why, but I just don’t see it. Somethings missing for me. 

I think they’ll end up bottling it.

How can you say a team probably finishing 90+ pts bottling it.Get a grip Izzy.

You hate Liverpool,whereas I quite like them.

We won it on 81pts remember.

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Liverpool are completely shitting the bed here.

:D

I feel a bit guilty for laughing but there’s something mildly amusing about it.

Just now, Izzy said:

:D

I feel a bit guilty for laughing but there’s something mildly amusing about it.

I hope they don;t win it, so at least we can ask our Liverpool supporting comrades how many times have they won the Premier League?

1 minute ago, cambridgefox said:

How can you say a team probably finishing 90+ pts bottling it.Get a grip Izzy.

You hate Liverpool,whereas I quite like them.

We won it on 81pts remember.

I meant if they lose tonight and end up losing the title (that was in thier hands at one stage) then they’ve bottled it.

Who said I hate Liverpool? 

I had a soft spot for them in the 80’s and they were a joy to watch for over a decade. They’re long overdue a title but I think Man City are better.

Thats all.

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Watching Long up front for Saints makes me reflect on just how lucky we are to have Vardy. If he was a Saint, they’d probably be out of sight in this game, already. 

I remember loads of people clamouring for him to sign for us 

Just now, Izzy said:

I meant if they lose tonight and end up losing the title (that was in thier hands at one stage) then they’ve bottled it.

I had a soft spot for them in the 80’s and they were a joy to watch for over a decade. They’re long overdue a title but I think Man City are better.

Thats all.

It would be a golden opportunity that they have spurned. Will it come around again? Man Utd may be stronger next year. Man City will still be the team to beat. Will they end up in the Spurs syndrome of always the bridesmaid but never the bride?

Just now, 49er said:

It would be a golden opportunity that they have spurned. Will it come around again? Man Utd may be stronger next year. Man City will still be the team to beat. Will they end up in the Spurs syndrome of always the bridesmaid but never the bride?

Here’s hoping. I’ll make no bones about it. I can’t stand them or their horrible fans.

1 minute ago, 49er said:

Will it come around again?

I think I asked this when they finished 2nd in 13/14 (?). And turns out it did (this season).

That season they bottled it against Palace when they were 3-0 with only a 10-15 minutes to go. That was beautiful. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49er said:

If they don't win it this year then I think it depends who they sign in the summer. I said earlier that somethings 'missing' from this Liverpool team being a title winning team and I wonder if it's a world class midfielder? 

I also wonder if they're mentally tough enough.

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Thats all.

I agree they are better(Man City) and that’s another reason why they wouldn’t be bottlers,they are just too good,and a joy to watch.

PS I also like Carragher ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

If they don't win it this year then I think it depends who they sign in the summer. I said earlier that somethings 'missing' from this Liverpool team being a title winning team and I wonder if it's a world class midfielder? 

I also wonder if they're mentally tough enough.

Matip is a bit of a liability at the back. Not sure whether Jo Gomez will fulfil his potential. Their midfielder isn't particularly great - the signings of Fabinho and, in particular, Keita have been disappointing. They are obviously reliant on the front three.

I mean Liverpool will win this comfortably, and so they should. But the absolute circle wank surrounding them is just embarrassing, I can’t stand united either but I’ve never seen anything like this. 

This is going to sound well petty as well but try and tell me Sky haven’t put their mic in front of the Liverpool fans lol 

Edited by Manini