Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

52 minutes ago, Corky said:

No, get that bloke who did the Leeds game about 15 years ago. 

YOU ARE CRYING INTO YOUR HOVIS MY SON!

LEICESTER 4 DIRTY LEEDS 0 !!!

• Like 1

I don't have enough room in my heart to hate 2 teams, Spurs have that 1 place with Liverpool, Millwall, West Ham, Leeds, Forest, Derby, Coventry, Everton, Blackburn and Burnley in an orderly but random queue behind....

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

I don't have enough room in my heart to hate 2 teams, Spurs have that 1 place with Liverpool, Millwall, West Ham, Leeds, Forest, Derby, Coventry, Everton, Blackburn and Burnley in an orderly but random queue behind....

Hate..waste of time,space,& energy.Often means like all bias commentators,you miss half hour life...

39 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

As hideous as it is listening to Carragher at the moment, just think about how glorious it will be when he's having to commentate on the game where they drop crucial points.

We can only hope. He's a disgrace, in spitting distance of the title and he's not even tried to remain neutral.

Just seen the Salah goal. Great finish and all that but I was expecting something to rival Maradona vs England the way the media were describing. He basically ran in a straight line unchallenged for about 40 yards ffs.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2019 at 18:53, Arriba Los Zorros said:

My understanding of Wolves on viewing limited games is that they are very, very strong when a team attacks and leaves space, but woeful against physical and defensive teams, not good at breaking sides down that defend. A little like us under Puel at times. Hence the above records. Is this correct @The Bear?

Now my ban has ended I can answer this. 

Yeah that's pretty much spot on. We're good at keeping the ball against teams that pack their defence, but breaking them down is an issue, as it is for most teams, even the best. 

We've learned our lessons against physical teams after playing the likes of Cardiff in recent seasons and were much better at dealing with that. One of the main reasons for changing from 3-4-3 to 3-5-2 was to give us an extra body in midfield to stop Neves/Moutinho getting over-run. 

Our record against the bottom 6 is terrible but we've had some good results against teams who were in the bottom 6 at the time but now aren't, like West Ham A, Burnley H, Palace A. Learning to overcome the lower placed teams on a regular basis is something we'll need to do if we are serious about challenging the top 6.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I'm going to Brighton v Bournemouth next week, big game for Brighton with Bournemouth in atrocious form.

Will Cardiff even get 5 points to make it matter?

4 minutes ago, FIF said:

Will Cardiff even get 5 points to make it matter?

Tell that to the Brighton fans!

They face each other after the Bournemouth game with Cardiff going to Burnley beforehand.

I think Cardiff will go down but their run in looks a bit easier than Brighton's.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Bournemouth continue their terrible form. Honestly, they are the most bipolar streaky team in the league. 

They've lost a combined 7-1 to Burnley this season over two games. How is that possible?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

They've lost a combined 7-1 to Burnley this season over two games. How is that possible?

Their manager doesn't have a clue how to organise a defence. Never bought the Howe love in, his teams have the same problems season, after season, after season.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Crystal Palace with their 900th penalty of the season.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Over 25% of Palace's goals this season have been penalties.

Starting to get ridiculous with the number of penalties they get. Hopefully VAR will remove the amount of dubious penalties