Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

If they are better than us (Wolves) why aren’t the ‘big’ teams picking over their players ?  

Maybe as we are not so close to the gossip with Wolves, they are. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe as we are not so close to the gossip with Wolves, they are. :dunno:

Not seen anything in the papers ...   don’t get it ...   are we just generally regarded as a team that can’t hold onto its best players ?

Whats different about Wolves ??

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not seen anything in the papers ...   don’t get it ...   are we just generally regarded as a team that can’t hold onto its best players ?

They are just shite, but in a long purple patch? :)

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

the only good player to leave was mahrez. not as if their all going out the door is it?

1 minute ago, don_danbury said:

the only good player to leave was mahrez. not as if their all going out the door is it?

Well Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater ...   and nearly Vardy ...    but it’s more the links and the expectation others will go ....    Wolves ? ...    we hear nowt.

13 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Well Kante, Mahrez, Drinkwater ...   and nearly Vardy ...    but it’s more the links and the expectation others will go ....    Wolves ? ...    we hear nowt.

Players that are mainly touted around are our home grown ones .... wolves best players aren’t .....

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

I reckon some of the Wolves dislike is jealously which is daft as we won the f ucking league three years ago, but they're probably going to finish 7th and have gone further in the FA Cup than we have for about 50 years in their first season up. Before they got promoted it was mostly us touted by others as being the 7th best team and now we've got some competition. I can see a rivalry growing to something quite big over the coming seasons as we're similar sized clubs with big ambitions but most of all the other midlands clubs are wank

It was tasty in the 90s and my feeling after the game has Molineux was exactly what you are saying 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

kante there was nothing we could do. so really only drinkwater (which ended up being a fantastic deal).

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Since this is now the Wolves thread here's a graphic I found on r/soccer:

xlxbysp7l7q21.jpg

With Fulham down and Cardiff likely to join them, does that table on the right show how tight the bottom half of the league has become?

The old adage of needing to beat the teams around you to achieve your goals doesn't add up in that table. Both teams are where they are because they failed to get results against teams higher up in the league, which may prove that, outside the top 6, no club is safe in this division.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

I reckon some of the Wolves dislike is jealously which is daft as we won the f ucking league three years ago, but they're probably going to finish 7th and have gone further in the FA Cup than we have for about 50 years in their first season up. Before they got promoted it was mostly us touted by others as being the 7th best team and now we've got some competition. I can see a rivalry growing to something quite big over the coming seasons as we're similar sized clubs with big ambitions but most of all the other midlands clubs are wank

I reckon it stems from the fact that we haven’t really got a “local” derby anymore. Forest and Derby don’t really give a shit, Cov are in oblivion. We try and cling on to rivalries any which way we can. 

I personally dont like any of the West Midlands clubs; but that’s down to where I went to school, right on the Warwickshire border. 

I dunno. It’s weird. We’re a bit in limbo as far as “rivalry” is concerned. 

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

This can still be true whether there's loads of hype or not. 

For their fans, they must be loving it and they do play good football. They're a very well-drilled, well-organised side and have some very good players. Yeah they may be talked about a lot because of the Portuguese influence, the Jorge Mendes connection and the amount of money spent, but that's what football is these days. It's not like they're being hyped to the point where they are being labelled the greatest PL team but end up being like a Sunderland. There's some justification for the Wolves love-in. I'd rather have them in the league than the likes of Huddersfield who are boring as fvck.

Also, you can't really use 'knocked them out of the (League) cup' when they have reached an FA Cup Semi-Final and earnt a trip to Wembley which is something we've craved for ages. Yeah we knocked them out the League Cup but I'd bet we would love to be in their position (in the respective cups) so hardly a stick to beat them with.

Where did I say that it wasn’t? Strange point to make 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but we're recent Champions of England and they're a newly promoted team. They have different expectations. 

Not if you listen to some of the tripe coming from their fan base. Think they’re absolutely massive 

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Where did I say that it wasn’t? Strange point to make 

Just that you said getting hype is ridiculous and then followed that with 'having their best season for years and years' as if that was part of the 'hype'.

21 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Again strong words from Danny Rose aying he has had enough of the game and its attitude towards racism.

Could he really walk away?

Honestly, the fact in 2019 that we still have a huge issue with racism is bloody incredible to me. We are close to bloody landing on the next planet along from us and so many other incredible things, yet people still can't accept those of different ethnicities. 

But back to your point, it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

If they are better than us (Wolves) why aren’t the ‘big’ teams picking over their players ?  

Probably the fact that our players who have been linked away/moved to bigger clubs have either been a.) young, talented English players with lots of years ahead of them and high resale value (Maguire and Chilwell) or b.) genuine standout players who have proven that they are outstanding in the Premier League  (Vardy, Mahrez, Kante) - Wolves have fewer who fall into either of those categories but have a very well coached team with a few very good older players and imo operate better than the sum of their parts.

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Just that you said getting hype is ridiculous and then followed that with 'having their best season for years and years' as if that was part of the 'hype'.

No I meant that if you purely listen to their own fans and a large majority of other football fans, you would think they’re a regular top 4 side. They’re having a great season but nowhere near where they think they’re at. 

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

We're a better side than Wolves imo. Player for player there's not really anyone I'd wanna swap with them

I’d say they have 3 maybe 4 players who would get into our team. Neves, Jota, Patricio and Jimenez are all great players who would improve us 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I’d say they have 3 maybe 4 players who would get into our team. Neves, Jota, Patricio and Jimenez are all great players who would improve us 

I'd take Kasper over Patricio but yeah the other 3 are good players. Wouldn't swap Vardy for Jimenez though. 

19 hours ago, The Bear said:

I thought Mendes was taking all our money? 

tapatalk_1554377825377.png.1f04853adcb85f34a48520488631a5ee.png

19 hours ago, filbertway said:

What period of time is that from?

Well it's not from the last two windows for sure. How did spuds spend £11m on agents buying no one lol lol lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Again strong words from Danny Rose aying he has had enough of the game and its attitude towards racism.

Could he really walk away?

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly, the fact in 2019 that we still have a huge issue with racism is bloody incredible to me. We are close to bloody landing on the next planet along from us and so many other incredible things, yet people still can't accept those of different ethnicities. 

But back to your point, it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Dont get me wrong I do not condone this. But he would never have kicked a ball in the 70/80's if he can't handle this now. 

It was so common then it never got a mention but every game had nigger chants monkey chants and national front songs. 

As I said I don't condone it but in comparison it's a none event now. What ever they do some pissed up idiots will make some comment. Clubs and the police respond to it now in the past nothing happened.