Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Honestly, the fact in 2019 that we still have a huge issue with racism is bloody incredible to me. We are close to bloody landing on the next planet along from us and so many other incredible things, yet people still can't accept those of different ethnicities. 

But back to your point, it wouldn't surprise me if he did.

Shocking isn't it. Other countries, especially in the old Eastern Block are much worse than us.

I don't think he will walk away. He can't afford to

"Obviously it is sad that I had to prepare for that, but when countries only get fined what I probably spend on a night out in London then what do you expect? "

Don't know about you but a night out in London for me might be a trip to the theatre at the lowest ticket price possible.

Danny Rose seems a very conflicted young man, with more issues than just racism.

Racism is a cancer in the game that need to be removed, however it's not a problem of the game it's a social issue. 

Remove it from society and it's removed from the game.

Education, is far more powerful than punishment.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Danny Rose seems a very conflicted young man, with more issues than just racism.

Racism is a cancer in the game that need to be removed, however it's not a problem of the game it's a social issue. 

Remove it from society and it's removed from the game.

Education, is far more powerful than punishment.

Then why did I get the cane so often at school? :mellow:

• Haha 1

@The Bear, I actually like Wolves style and can't say I dislike them... but man, how is it possible that Wolves' agent fees are on par with Huddersfield & Southampton?

I mean, this is "in" list of Wolves
image.thumb.png.e54879391e92b4dcfff0469c0539e8c3.png

And this is "in" list for Southampton...

image.png.eb86ec74b777e5d5474c7a03b9a42dc3.png

7 minutes ago, RussianFox said:

@The Bear, I actually like Wolves style and can't say I dislike them... but man, how is it possible that Wolves' agent fees are on par with Huddersfield & Southampton?

There is absolutely no way their agent got anything in the compensation package in the Patricio deal. 

4 minutes ago, RussianFox said:

They do use the same agent for most of their main transfers.  Neves and Moutinho most likely the only names people have heard of which would command big agents fees at a guess. And Jimenez  just being made permanent now from his loan and so that agents fee would not be included in the list.  They have had some brilliant signings since the deal with mendes. 

10 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

We're a better side than Wolves imo. Player for player there's not really anyone I'd wanna swap with them

Agreed, if we don't sign Tielemans, then Neves would be ideal and be better than our current options. Other than Neves no one from there starting II, I would take over ours.  

Wayne Hennessey cleared of making Nazi salute at Crystal Palace team-mate

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has been cleared by the FA over an alleged Nazi salute at Max Meyer

Wayne Hennessey has been cleared of making a Nazi salute at his German team mate Max Meyer.

Crystal Palace keeper Hennessey was charged with improper conduct by the Football Association after being pictured making the gesture during a team night out. 

Hennessey claimed it was an innocent mistake, that he was covering his mouth while signalling to someone at the other side of the room and it was (absolutely coincidental.”

The FA have now announced that he has been cleared by an Independent Regulatory Commission.

The FA statement read:

“It was alleged that a gesture he made, which was captured by a photograph and posted on social media, was abusive and/or insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute, contrary to FA Rule E3(1).

0_Wayne-Hennessey-File-Photo.jpg
Wayne Hennessey has been cleared of improper conduct by the FA (Image: PA)

“It was further alleged that this constituted an ‘aggravated breach’, which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or religion and/or belief.

“The Crystal Palace goalkeeper had denied the charge and requested a personal hearing.”

The former Wolves goalkeeper has made 18 Premier League appearances for Palace this season, conceding 26 goals and keeping five clean sheets. 

2_WayneHennesseyNaziSalute.jpg
Hennessey was accused of a Nazi salute after this photo (Image: Instagram/MaxMeyer95)

But he has started just one game since being forced off at half-time with an injury against Watford on January 12. 

Victor Guaita has emerged as their No.1 leaving Hennessey fighting to recapture his starting spot.

15 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Wayne Hennessey cleared of making Nazi salute at Crystal Palace team-mate

Crystal Palace goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey has been cleared by the FA over an alleged Nazi salute at Max Meyer

Wayne Hennessey has been cleared of making a Nazi salute at his German team mate Max Meyer.

Crystal Palace keeper Hennessey was charged with improper conduct by the Football Association after being pictured making the gesture during a team night out. 

Hennessey claimed it was an innocent mistake, that he was covering his mouth while signalling to someone at the other side of the room and it was (absolutely coincidental.”

The FA have now announced that he has been cleared by an Independent Regulatory Commission.

The FA statement read:

“It was alleged that a gesture he made, which was captured by a photograph and posted on social media, was abusive and/or insulting and/or improper and/or brought the game into disrepute, contrary to FA Rule E3(1).

0_Wayne-Hennessey-File-Photo.jpg

Wayne Hennessey has been cleared of improper conduct by the FA (Image: PA)

“It was further alleged that this constituted an ‘aggravated breach’, which is defined in FA Rule E3(2), as it included reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or religion and/or belief.

“The Crystal Palace goalkeeper had denied the charge and requested a personal hearing.”

The former Wolves goalkeeper has made 18 Premier League appearances for Palace this season, conceding 26 goals and keeping five clean sheets. 

2_WayneHennesseyNaziSalute.jpg

Hennessey was accused of a Nazi salute after this photo (Image: Instagram/MaxMeyer95)

But he has started just one game since being forced off at half-time with an injury against Watford on January 12. 

Victor Guaita has emerged as their No.1 leaving Hennessey fighting to recapture his starting spot.

Love how the image they use of him during a game also has him doing a Nazi salute lol

• Like 3

I know they’ve only lost once, but I’m just not convinced this Liverpool team is a title winning team. 

I can’t pinpoint exactly why, but I just don’t see it. Somethings missing for me. 

I think they’ll end up bottling it.

Just now, Izzy said:

I know they’ve only lost once, but I’m just not convinced this Liverpool team is a title winning team. 

I can’t pinpoint exactly why, but I just don’t see it. Somethings missing for me. 

I think Klopp has bottled it on a couple of occasions when they could have made a statement - being ultra cautious against Man City when a victory would have more or less sealed the title for them. Same against us 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It’s sort of out of their hands anyway, it’s weird how they’re being hyped up that they’re going to win it. 

I cant see that city team losing another game. They’re just too ****ing good.

• Like 1

I know it's not the first and won't be the last time Carragher commentates on a Liverpool game (or Neville commentates on a Man Utd game) but what exactly is Sky's justification for it?

Hardly shows any impartiality to the game. If there was a Saints-supporting ex-player or someone who had a link to Saints then perhaps it's acceptable but surely it's just going be biased if not?

However, if this were to happen...

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think I want Saints to win just to hear Carragher cry

it would be funny :D 

• Haha 1