Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If my experience of watching football has taught me anything, it's that fans and players know two-fifths of the square root of Sweet Fanny Adams.

Imagine if Leicester ran on the advice of Foxestalk! Now that's a scary thought

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

He was doing a good job, although the 2-0 loss against PSG at OT, should've raised a flag. But then again they won in Paris... Not that I have any kind of empathy for them and I hope they'll finish 6th this season, the next one and the next after...

The board should've had the foresight to look at a set of a handful of results and just give him the rest of the season before committing. How many times have we seen it, a manager starts well then falls apart. 

They need a huge clear out and rebuild, is OGS the right guy to do it? 

• Like 1

Just now, UniFox21 said:

The board should've had the foresight to look at a set of a handful of results and just give him the rest of the season before committing. How many times have we seen it, a manager starts well then falls apart. 

They need a huge clear out and rebuild, is OGS the right guy to do it? 

Certainly and I don't see Frodo as the right man. He looks to me more like MU's version of C. Shakespeare.

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I think they gave him the contract at the right time myself because they have to start planning for next season at some point and to leave it till the summer would be to late

It's not just the coach you build around. A club the size of Utd should have a philosophy and strategy in who they buy and appoint. That starts above the coach with the board and works its way  to the players and staff. 

Utd have appointed names since Moyes was sacked. No consistency in who they appoint or buy. OGS is picking up the crap hand left for him by years of sh1t.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

The kop and the family stand would've been swapped 15 years ago if it was mate

nah you are not fooling me... i remember all the Rachel posts and us winning the league.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

Certainly and I don't see Frodo as the right man. He looks to me more like MU's version of C. Shakespeare.

I'd have gone more like Golem honesty, the similarity to Andy Serkis is scary. 

The club seems to be still run by the words and Sir Alex, as brilliant as he Was, times have begun to change and the club needs to as well.

Screenshot_20190421-141854.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Souness is such an idiot. 

Claiming the over head kick is 'dangerous play'. It's only dangerous if he actually tries to head the ball, which he should, he should be putting his head and body on the line there.

Absolutely. Sourness wouldn't say it was dangerous if Harry Kane did it.

• Like 1

Just now, Arkie Bennett said:

Absolutely. Sourness wouldn't say it was dangerous if Harry Kane did it.

Salah* 

His bias and overall attitude is pathetic. When Alex Scott is on he can't be silent for a minute whilst she talks and insists on interrupting.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

It's not just the coach you build around. A club the size of Utd should have a philosophy and strategy in who they buy and appoint. That starts above the coach with the board and works its way  to the players and staff. 

Utd have appointed names since Moyes was sacked. No consistency in who they appoint or buy. OGS is picking up the crap hand left for him by years of sh1t.

I agree with that, it seems the board have had no clear plan for the future and caving into pressure from fans and media over previous managers 

seems the fans are unwilling to give any transitional period after having it so good under fergie 

in my opinion they need to stick with Ole for at least the next 3 years though good and bad and back him in the transfer market 

it’s going to take 5 or 6 windows to reshape the squad and get rid of the rubbish and to actually put some depth into the squad 

• Like 1