Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

When is "taking one for the team" going to be called out for the unsportsman like behaviour that it is? Diving is universally slagged off for being unfair on the opponent, Ward-Prowse completely took out Almiron with no attempt to play the ball. How is that fair on the opponent?

Thought it meant you go home with the fit birds fat mate??

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Understand why it wasn't given though; they still had 70 odd yards to cover 

In this situation distance shouldn’t matter, he had knocked the ball pass the last defender it would have been 2 players on the keeper, I don’t see in what situation that that is not considered a goal scoring opportunity, even if it was him going on his own he would have still got his shot so still a goal scoring situation 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

In this situation distance shouldn’t matter, he had knocked the ball pass the last defender it would have been 2 players on the keeper, I don’t see in what situation that that is not considered a goal scoring opportunity, even if it was him going on his own he would have still got his shot so still a goal scoring situation 

Was literally quoting the ref on BT; some dubious decision and can fully see what you're saying. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Corky said:

When is "taking one for the team" going to be called out for the unsportsman like behaviour that it is? Diving is universally slagged off for being unfair on the opponent, Ward-Prowse completely took out Almiron with no attempt to play the ball. How is that fair on the opponent?

Should be a red card.

My slightly out there alternative suggestion is that for non-DOGSO cynical fouls (like that, or slightly less blatantly the Fernandinho/Firmino/Lamela school of cynical trips), the punishment should be a free kick outside the area in a position of the fouled team’s choosing. This takes the “benefit” of the foul away from the defending team without having to send anybody off.

25 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Should be a red card.

My slightly out there alternative suggestion is that for non-DOGSO cynical fouls (like that, or slightly less blatantly the Fernandinho/Firmino/Lamela school of cynical trips), the punishment should be a free kick outside the area in a position of the fouled team’s choosing. This takes the “benefit” of the foul away from the defending team without having to send anybody off.

That is quite out there lol