Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

My point was exactly that. The players don't look desperate to finish 7th so why should I care if Everton beat United?

Nice backtracking but that's not what you said at all.

And how can it be a garbage season when we're still in the hunt for 7th?   That would represent the second best finish in forty years of supporting Leicester for me.  

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Nice backtracking but that's not what you said at all.

And how can it be a garbage season when we're still in the hunt for 7th?   That would represent the second best finish in forty years of supporting Leicester for me.  

So it's been a good season in your opinion then? We're 'in the hunt' for 7th because there's 5 or 6 teams as horribly inconsistent as us. Everton beating United isn't that important

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

does make you think when mourinho said getting these to finish second was his great achievement 

It probably was. 

As for us finishing 7th I strongly doubt we can. 9th is more realistic. Imagine what could have happened though if we hadn’t been shit for 70% of the season, bar a couple of genuinely good results. 

I'd be more arsed about the teams around us if we'd been busting a gut and doing everything we can to get seventh, but we haven't. I'm disappointed that we've chucked points away against the likes of Newcastle, Southampton and Cardiff, not that Everton have made Man Utd look stupid. We've had more than enough opportunities to make seventh our own without having to rely on favours from other teams. I want us to finish as high as we can but I'm not going to sit here fuming because Everton and Watford have won and we haven't.

18 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So it's been a good season in your opinion then? We're 'in the hunt' for 7th because there's 5 or 6 teams as horribly inconsistent as us. Everton beating United isn't that important

It's had it's moments and it's frustrations but yeah, a top half PL finish is a good season for us because it is something I would have been dreaming of for most of my life as a City fan.  Now we've got it, I find it hard to believe when I hear fellow supporters being dismissive and complacent about it.  It could all change in an instant and we could go back to what we have been for most of my life.  An also ran team with journeymen players clogging around in the championship.  Then we will realise that these are the glory days for Leicester fans.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, murphy said:

I suppose you're making the comparison that OGS started well and is going downhill but it does my head in when Leicester fans mock Shakespeare.  He was a pivotal figure on our journey from League one to Premier League champions and his five wins on the bounce saved us from the humiliation of being relegated as title winners.

Every bit as much a legend as the rest of our champions.

I agree, my tongue in cheek joke was no discredit to Shakespeare. Quite simply he was the man we needed at that time to keep us up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

liverpool dropping points today.

If they score it's game over. Cardiff are absolutely toothless. Totally inept at attacking.

Maybe now those people slating us for only winning 1-0 and struggling against the likes of Norwich, Newcastle and Sunderland in our run-in realise how bloody hard it is when the prize at the end is so huge. These teams are fighting for something, you aren't always going to sweep them aside, especially with so few matches to play, then you've got nerves in your own team at play too.

If Liverpool win 1-0 today it is a great result.

• Like 3