Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

Appointing a manager who’s last job in the PL ended in a comfortable relegation isn’t the answer to long term success. Certain players have stopped playing because they want to be at a more ambitious club 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I agree with that, it seems the board have had no clear plan for the future and caving into pressure from fans and media over previous managers 

seems the fans are unwilling to give any transitional period after having it so good under fergie 

in my opinion they need to stick with Ole for at least the next 3 years though good and bad and back him in the transfer market 

it’s going to take 5 or 6 windows to reshape the squad and get rid of the rubbish and to actually put some depth into the squad 

No real plan at all. LVG was the name and purely the name, Jose was on past merit and the name. Moyes would've probably built something had he been given time. 

Utd fans expect to just waltz into the top 4 yearly, as Owen said last night, no club has the devine right to be a top team. 

They can't keep chopping and changing managers and styles and expect to produce a coherent and bonded team. 

The board and staff need to decide what ethos they're going to build into Utd, from the board through to the youth teams, and stick with it.

As Big Nige had to with us over several years, the same but on a much bigger scale is needed at Utd. As you said, 1 window won't be enough, the rebuild will take a few years. 

For me they need to swap out all the premadonnas and bring through hard working, talented players who know what it is to play for a team like Utd. Not fill the team with failed prospects and mercenaries. 

But that won't happen. As I mentioned the fans and board expect them to breeze into the top 4 and can't accept a period in the wilderness whilst they rebuild.

• Like 2

The crazy thing about United is the amount of money they have spent and still look shite. Liverpool identified their problem areas and no surprise they are fighting for the title, probably unfortunate for them the have Man City to contend with, though I still have a feeling Liverpool will win in. Now united need to spend another shed load but so many areas need addressing thr are probably at least 3 years from a serious challenge to the top 2. 

Just now, whetstonefox said:

The crazy thing about United is the amount of money they have spent and still look shite. Liverpool identified their problem areas and no surprise they are fighting for the title, probably unfortunate for them the have Man City to contend with, though I still have a feeling Liverpool will win in. Now united need to spend another shed load but so many areas need addressing thr are probably at least 3 years from a serious challenge to the top 2. 

That's what happens when you don't have a plan. 

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

They just showed a shot of United's bench, with Alexis Sanchez sat there looking disinterest. That transfer has turned out to be a shocker.

On 20/04/2019 at 13:05, UniFox21 said:

Spurs fan friend was asking if I'd rather get the CL semi or guarantee a top 4th place.

Obviously you'd love a CL semi place but for that team that need money and a few steady years with the ground, i went guaranteed top 4.

Did he not give a bankrupt option as well lol

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They just showed a shot of United's bench, with Alexis Sanchez sat there looking disinterest. That transfer has turned out to be a shocker.

Something went drastically wrong there. He went from being the leader in an arsenal team, to good enough to just make the bench 

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I can’t even put my finger on what is is. Even if he played for us I would struggle with the guy.

For me his antics and his mug (a very objective argument). As unlikeable as Alli.

Time to visit the Red Café.