Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

He shot himself by missing that penalty against Liverpool, he's been on an upward battle since. Doubt we'll see him much till next season.

Nah, he didn't want to take that pen and it's not the reason why he's been dropped. He had a good run after that miss, then his form nose-dived and he was dropped. Since then he failed to make any significant impact. 

He'll need this season and the summer to adjust and i think that it's not over for him.

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

When he's back in a Leicester shirt?

:scarf:

I give him another year in a Man City shirt, if he hasn't improved or adapted to Pep style by then he's out. 

See with Bernardo Silva, he was in and out last year, this year he's been a consistent player. 

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

Who cares about Man United? 

Why is everyone enjoying Everton going ahead of us in the table so much?

This is a bad result for us.

We cant do well in league and Europa with the current squad. Might pull a burnley. I mean i wouldnt be unhappy about being in europa but if we get it cool if not cool

20 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Not sure what’s worse appointing Ole given his history and not even waiting until the end of the season or giving Moyes a 6 year deal. Thank god we have our owners/board and not clowns like at Utd

Appointing Ole by miles, Moyes was an established premier league manager who was working miracles with peanuts, Ole got big money cardiff relegated and beat a load of binman teams during his caretaker spell

• Like 2

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Who cares about this season? Been garbage so we finish where we finish

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Given our last 3 games of the season, 7th is a hhhhuugggeee ask now anyway, im just glad folk are seeing the fraud job ole has conned the united board to buying into

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Ole Gunnar Shakespeare 

I suppose you're making the comparison that OGS started well and is going downhill but it does my head in when Leicester fans mock Shakespeare.  He was a pivotal figure on our journey from League one to Premier League champions and his five wins on the bounce saved us from the humiliation of being relegated as title winners.

Every bit as much a legend as the rest of our champions.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

I can only speak for myself but I'm not fussed at all about this "race" for 7th.

Let Rodgers build his team, have a decent pre-season and we'll see how it goes next season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Who cares about this season? Been garbage so we finish where we finish

I just don't understand this kind of mentality.  You don't care?  Every point and league position matters to me.

I don't want to hear you complaining about players being on the beach when you've got the knotted hankie and deck chair out.

• Like 4

It's all about the extra Premier League prize money. 7th is worth a hell of a lot more than 10th (obviously) so would, presumably, bolster the Tielemans transfer kitty.

I'm not fussed about the Europa League but want the prestige. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

I just don't understand this kind of mentality.  You don't care?  Every point and league position matters to me.

I don't want to hear you complaining about players being on the beach when you've got the knotted hankie and deck chair out.

My point was exactly that. The players don't look desperate to finish 7th so why should I care if Everton beat United?

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's all about the extra Premier League prize money. 7th is worth a hell of a lot more than 10th (obviously) so would, presumably, bolster the Tielemans transfer kitty.

I'm not fussed about the Europa League but want the prestige. 

I think the merit money earned based on table finish alone is only like 5 to 6 million difference between 7th and 10th. Not chump change but for a prem league team thats peanuts given how much players cost these days.

Tv income depends on how many games you are shown on the tube right? So that's not based on position but can align that way 

Edited by Jattdogg