Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Premier League Thread 2018/19 stuff it in here.

10 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

I know it isn’t premier league related... kind of..... but does Arsenal’s victory mean Mondays game against them will be moved? 

Leicester City's Premier League clash with Arsenal will now take place on Sunday, April 28 (12pm) thanks to their Europa League win over Napoli on Thursday night.

11 hours ago, MPH said:

so i have justread that in protest of the social media  and football authorities handling of racist incidents, premier league footballers are abstaining from social media for 24 hrs. 

i’m all for stamping out racist incidents but How pretencious of them.

Their way of fighting against Racism or homophobia is very dumb and is not gonna change anything positively 

Any attempts to stem the idiotic racist/ homophobic views by players are good. Going dark on Twitter is a good start but I think what it actually needs is for players - sometimes of both teams - to just walk off the pitch. 

However, as John Barnes said, it has to come from education and for society to make things better. 

2 hours ago, kingston_fox said:

Still don't get why it's absurd? Isn't it quite simple? 

Gammon racist fans led by the gammon racist media have normalised racism and only through awareness and publicity do the players have a chance to teach the kids that it isn't acceptable and change the tide of opinion.

yes still very absurd that anyone would think someone not tweeting for a day will make a difference. people are threatened with a life time ban ifrom their club t caught and that isn’t deterring them so why does anyone think no tweets from Deeney will? lol

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

That's obviously not the idea.

"On Friday we are sending a message to anyone that abuses players - or anyone else - whether from the crowd or online, that we won't tolerate it within football," said Deeney, who disabled comments on his Instagram after abuse earlier this month.

id say that  IS their intention.

On 18/04/2019 at 09:57, murphy said:

I think it will be dreadful.  I'd prefer to live with the referees mistakes.

Consider the joy of scoring, the spontaneity of leaping in the air completely involuntarily and sometimes hugging a complete stranger.

That will be lost if we have to wait for VAR all the time.

So people won't celebrate until its given by VAR? 

It will be no different to now. How many times have you celebrated a goal for a foul or off side given. 

I really don't get your point. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
13 hours ago, MPH said:

so i have justread that in protest of the social media  and football authorities handling of racist incidents, premier league footballers are abstaining from social media for 24 hrs. 

i’m all for stamping out racist incidents but How pretencious of them.

It shows the sort of World your average footballer lives in.

Marches, hunger strikes, self exclusion, death - the mark of all the great protests in campaigns for human rights - this lot come off Twitter for 24 hours and think it's some sort of moral achievement making a difference. 

4 hours ago, kingston_fox said:

Still don't get why it's absurd? Isn't it quite simple? 

Gammon racist fans led by the gammon racist media have normalised racism and only through awareness and publicity do the players have a chance to teach the kids that it isn't acceptable and change the tide of opinion.

If you are going to criticise racism ideally do it without using insulting words that many see as racist themselves.

17 minutes ago, MattP said:

It shows the sort of World your average footballer lives in.

Marches, hunger strikes, self exclusion, death - the mark of all the great protests in campaigns for human rights - this lot come off Twitter for 24 hours and think it's some sort of moral achievement making a difference. 

If you are going to criticise racism ideally do it without using insulting words that many see as racist themselves.

At the same time its not simply just a social media outage. They're posting and sharing the PFA image supporting the stopping of racism. It gets the message out as every football fan follows their favourite players. 

In this era spreading things via Twitter etc can get the message out just as well as those other ways you mentioned.

17 hours ago, Manini said:

Mate just give it a ****ing rest. Rivalry exists, especially in football. You just enjoy what you want to enjoy and let everybody else enjoy what they want to enjoy. If people want to stick the boot in to other teams, that’s fine, it’s just part of modern football. They’re not hurting anyone. 

Live and let bastard live for Christ sake 

Because it's boring...!!

live and let live....what about allowing the players,or others common courtesy,I am ok with any banter and amusing pss-taking,but how anybody can spend most of  their Pastime and presence on posts,throwing shit at others.....well!!!  For christssake...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, sylofox said:

So people won't celebrate until its given by VAR? 

It will be no different to now. How many times have you celebrated a goal for a foul or off side given. 

I really don't get your point. 

Well I've made my point about three times now.  I'll try again.

I think that the all seeing eye of VAR will spot all kinds of minor infringements that hitherto go unpunished.  

We might find ourselves with a stewards inquiry after every goal.  Opposition players will demand it. 

Of course supporters will celebrate when goals go in but will have that nagging doubt that a goal is not a goal until VAR is satisfied.  In this scenario the joy and spontaneity of each goal will be lost to some extent.

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Well I've made my point about three times now.  I'll try again.

I think that the all seeing eye of VAR will spot all kinds of minor infringements that hitherto go unpunished.  

We might find ourselves with a stewards inquiry after every goal.  Opposition players will demand it. 

Of course supporters will celebrate when goals go in but will have that nagging doubt that a goal is not a goal until VAR is satisfied.  In this scenario the joy and spontaneity of each goal will be lost to some extent.

The theory is that it must be a ‘clear and obvious’ error by the ref not to have seen it. A bit of pushing and shoving should not really count but we all suspect it might. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Because it's boring...!!

live and let live....what about allowing the players,or others common courtesy,I am ok with any banter and amusing pss-taking,but how anybody can spend most of  their Pastime and presence on posts,throwing shit at others.....well!!!  For christssake...!!

So how do you do football banter when you have to be so terribly courteous and respectful to every team?  Now that would be boring!

If you don't understand the joy of abusing other clubs, the schadenfreude of seeing teams fail and the sheer pleasure you can gain from laughing at opposition fans and tormenting your non-Leicester supporting mates when the opportunity arises then you are seriously missing something from the whole football fan experience.  We're not talking about Munich type songs here, just the pantomime of football.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, murphy said:

So how do you do football banter when you have to be so terribly courteous and respectful to every team?  Now that would be boring!

If you don't understand the joy of abusing other clubs, the schadenfreude of seeing teams fail and the sheer pleasure you can gain from laughing at opposition fans and tormenting your non-Leicester supporting mates when the opportunity arises then you are seriously missing something from the whole football fan experience.  We're not talking about Munich type songs here, just the pantomime of football.

Like I said

I.am ok with any banter and amusing pss-taking,but how anybody can spend most of  their Pastime and presence on posts,throwing shit at others.....

22 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Like I said

I.am ok with any banter and amusing pss-taking,but how anybody can spend most of  their Pastime and presence on posts,throwing shit at others.....

Fuchsy, you know it's just the way it is - some people find pleasure in mocking/hating other teams, some don't. For each his own, right?

We all (I hope so) despise people, hooligans, who see football as a convenient occasion to start a fight with someone and don't care much about the game itself.

But as long as it's just banter - even if it's the main part of the game for someone - why don't just "live and let live", mate? :)

10 hours ago, RussianFox said:

Fuchsy, you know it's just the way it is - some people find pleasure in mocking/hating other teams, some don't. For each his own, right?

We all (I hope so) despise people, hooligans, who see football as a convenient occasion to start a fight with someone and don't care much about the game itself.

But as long as it's just banter - even if it's the main part of the game for someone - why don't just "live and let live", mate? :)

Because it's a contradictive thought, mate!!   Live and let live!!!   And sorry some of it goes beyond banter....So if posters want to go on a spitefull-trail,

& Troll,their right to an opinion...then it's a also lays it open for me/others  to have my opinion on their ideas of fun...!!!  

Plus I want my big of fun....live & let live.. For every ying there is a yang,

or in Anglo -saxon, for every 2 strong achors,there are dozens of wankers...:rolleyes:

Edited by fuchsntf

Liverpool and Tottenham fixtures amended as Sky Sports Premier League schedule changes
"The progress of our clubs in European competition has meant the rescheduling of some their remaining fixtures," says the Premier League
Last Updated: 20/04/19 10:43am

Sky Sports has revealed a revised live schedule after the Premier League announced fixtures changes ahead of the run-in April and May.

The amendments come after Liverpool and Tottenham progressed into the Champions League semi-finals and Arsenal and Chelsea reached the last four of the Europa League.

Liverpool's trip to Newcastle and Tottenham's match at Bournemouth - both live on Sky Sports - will now take place on May 4 ahead of their respective Champions League semi-finals with Barcelona and Ajax, while Spurs' clash with London rivals West Ham has been brought forward to a 12.30pm kick-off on Saturday, April 27.

Chelsea's match with Watford and Brighton's visit to Arsenal will both now take place on Sunday, May 5, allowing extra recovery time after their Europa League semi-finals with Valencia and Eintracht Frankfurt.

"The progress of our clubs in European competition has meant the rescheduling of some their remaining Premier League fixtures," a Premier League statement read.

Live on Sky
"Matches involving Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur have been moved to Saturday, May 4 to assist scheduling following their progression to the UEFA Champions League semi-finals.

"Discussions are ongoing with the relevant stakeholders to confirm the kick-off times for the rearranged fixtures - AFC Bournemouth v Spurs and Newcastle United v Liverpool - as soon as possible."

Revised Premier League fixture schedule

• Sat, April 27: Tottenham vs West Ham (12.30pm) - Live on Sky Sports
  • Sun, April 28: Leicester vs Arsenal (12pm) - Live on Sky Sports
  • Sun, April 28: Burnley vs Man City (2.05pm) - Live on Sky Sports
  • Sun, April 28: Man Utd vs Chelsea (4.30pm) - Live on Sky Sports
  • Sat, May 4: Bournemouth vs Tottenham (Kick-off TBC) - Live on Sky Sports
  • Sat, May 4: Newcastle vs Liverpool (Kick-off TBC) Live on Sky Sports
  • Sun, May 5: Chelsea vs Watford (2pm)
  • Sun, May 5: Huddersfield vs Man Utd (2pm) - Live on Sky Sports
  • Sun, May 5: Arsenal vs Brighton (4.30pm) - Live on Sky Sports
  • Mon, May 6: Man City vs Leicester (8pm) - Live on Sky Sports

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11698771/premier-league-confirm-fixture-amendments

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, davieG said:

• Sat, May 4: Bournemouth vs Tottenham (Kick-off TBC) - Live on Sky Sports
  • Sat, May 4: Newcastle vs Liverpool (Kick-off TBC) Live on Sky Sports
  •  

TBC? Four sets of fans not knowing when their game is moved to for a second time. Really helpful.