Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

1 hour ago, Markyblue said:

People going on about hate get a life he's talking the p..s and you still defend him how about you fanboys and him showing some respect to the club.

Exactly. 

This thread is a clear case of Mahrez-ism or Mahrez-ophobia. 

Probably.

People call it hate when it is really just annoyance or irritation. 

2 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Are we really getting this wound up over 1 article from the Sun? If there is any element of truth, I’d imagine it’s his agent trying to squeeze us for all we’re worth. 

Let me make it simple for you. There are a number of posters who find every chance they get to have a go at him no matter the source. 

tbh, That's their opinion but what's infuriating is calling him every name under the sun (see the pun here;)) then act outraged like they've been defending him for the longest and this is the last straw lol 

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, the fox said:

Let me make it simple for you. There are a number of posters who find every chance they get to have a go at him no matter the source. 

tbh, That's their opinion but what's infuriating is calling him every name under the sun (see the pun here;)) then act outraged like they've been defending him for the longest and this is the last straw lol 

Plenty of empty seats at man city why don't you go with him.

1 minute ago, richardsfoxes said:

Lets not sit here and pretend like most people wouldn't do the same...

What put in a transfer request then withdraw it at the last minute in order to stitch the club up?  

Nope.  I  can safely say I would not do that.  I would just try to get by on my £100k each week.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Plenty of empty seats at man city why don't you go with him.

lol

. The rules say that he deserves the payment and that's why the club is trying to make him wai it off. I find the warding "loyalty bonus" very misleading seeing that it means an amount of money from the fee that every other footballer is entitled to. He was ready to leave money on the table if he would've gotten his move in the winter.

8 minutes ago, the fox said:

lol

. The rules say that he deserves the payment and that's why the club is trying to make him wai it off. I find the warding "loyalty bonus" very misleading seeing that it means an amount of money from the fee that every other footballer is entitled to. He was ready to leave money on the table if he would've gotten his move in the winter.

Do they though?  Can anybody provide clarification?

He has put in a transfer request then withdrawn it in a transparent way of trying to fleece the club.  If we are legally obliged to pay it then we will have to through gritted teeth.  Or, does his earlier request negate his claim?  I dunno.

I do think that the owners are principled and might even make a stand to deny his move despite the money on offer, so as not to be made mugs of.  Or, they could say ot Riyad, put your request in and you go.  Don't and you stay.

Edited by murphy

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, the fox said:

lol

The basic theme of the thread has been he has served us well he deserves his move nasty lcfc are holding him to ransom if it's the case that this isn't true and really it's greed for even more money surely us as fans have a right to be extremely f***ed off.

Can I just check that people understand the difference between ‘player’ and ‘supporter’.  What we would do is irrelevant - put it another way .... if you were employed by spurs and they were trying to get out of paying you something you are technically  legally entitled to, would you just leave it?????  @sylofox - no need to answer what is as much rhetorical as hypothetical in your case!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

What put in a transfer request then withdraw it at the last minute in order to stitch the club up?  

Nope.  I  can safely say I would not do that.  I would just try to get by on my £100k each week.

Come on man, get off your high horse if your being advised by someone your paying for advice from wherever its right or wrong your going to do it. Hopefully its settled quickly and all parties can just move on. 

12 hours ago, Gerard said:

I actually don't begrudge Mahrez his 10% or whatever it is, he has certainly earned it here.

What will make me laugh though is his "super agent" Kia Joorabchian not getting his slice of it if Leicester play hardball. Mahrez will no doubt be happy with his new salary and if both the clubs agree terms then Mahrez's agent has got nowhere to go when negotiating with Leicester if we insist he doesn't get it. :D

Mahrez and his agent will have no option but to suck it up.

So you think a player who has been getting paid 100 grand a week for the past two years has earned a 7.5 million pound bonus? Rubbish. He's had enough. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

The basic theme of the thread has been he has served us well he deserves his move nasty lcfc are holding him to ransom

Wait! In this thread? People who say that are even, 1-Man City fans, 2-Algerians who rarely watch Leicester or took a closer look at the situation or 3- naive people.

The club isn't holding anyone hostage! That's called business and the club has every right to drain every bit of profit out of the deal, Just like how Riyad has the right to claim his amount of the fee.

I've been saying it for the longest, There is no loyalty in football! Maybe between the players and fans but definitely not between players and owners. The owners are businessmen and the didn't make it this far by being nice. 

I don't begrudge Riyad for getting "greedy" because it's not a family business. Every man for himself.

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Can I just check that people understand the difference between ‘player’ and ‘supporter’.  What we would do is irrelevant - put it another way .... if you were employed by spurs and they were trying to get out of paying you something you are technically  legally entitled to, would you just leave it?????  @sylofox - no need to answer what is as much rhetorical as hypothetical in your case!

This talk about legal entitlement seems to be off the mark to me. He presumably has contractual entitlement, same as the owners have entitlement to refuse his transfer, particularly if he hasn’t “technically” put in a transfer request.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

So you think a player who has been getting paid 100 grand a week for the past two years has earned a 7.5 million pound bonus? Rubbish. He's had enough. 

Ask ngolo how much bigger his bank account is than Riyad’s after two years? Even drinky might be pushing him after just one years!