Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

6 minutes ago, brucey said:

It will be his agent (unfortunately) doing his job correctly and letting Riyad know he's technically now legally entitled to the bonus. Shame it wasn't the incompetent agent from before, or the transfer request would still be in and we would have been done with this.

We just want the deal done and dusted today ideally but we're just the pleb supporters and get our news from the media. Mahrez and Joorabchian will have their finger on the pulse and know exactly the situation. I'd imagine Man City and Leicester have now agreed terms, Man City and Mahrez have also agreed terms and Mahrez and Leicester are still at loggerheads with each other. I suspect Man City know exactly the situation and have told Mahrez they want him signed up a few days before they start pre season training but he's got just over a week to sort his shit out with Leicester.

Mahrez is in no position to do anything but plead to the better nature of our owners. He's not going to sacrifice a chance to join Man City with a £50k a week wage rise over a few million quid, I'd imagine his agent will be less than happy being backed into a corner and missing out on his cut.

56 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I don't mind it at all actually, it's just negotiating but in the public arena.

For me he's probably the greatest Leicester City player of all time and if not definitely the most skilful and easiest on the eye. I'll miss watching him but the more I think of it the more I've warmed to the idea of selling him. He's run his race here after 4.5 years and with him being 28 in February it's probably an ideal time to sell him whilst his value is at it's peak. He's done everything for this club in getting us out of the Championship and winning the Premier League to a QF Champions League place and is now leaving for the best part of a £75m profit.  We move on and perhaps we won't miss him that much with Pereria providing attacking width and Maddison and AN Other could prove to be £70m players in time?  I also think Gray looks far better on the right and this could be the making of him. The timing of Mahrez leaving is as good as it can be IMO.

Can’t disagree with any of that, I just wish it didn’t come across like he resents us for not bending over for him. Him and his agent haven’t conducted themselves in a very respectful way and it leaves a bitter taste. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Can you really blame him for trying to get the best deal possible if this is indeed the case?

Tell me one professional footballer who would not do the same? 

I find it a little vulgar that these players with enough money for several lifetimes are always grasping for more, but that's just me I suppose.  Essentially there's nothing wrong with it.

Can't you see though, that it is his behaviour that is problem?  He waived his right to a loyalty bonus when he put in his transfer request.  Then when a move is imminent he withdraws it.  Not because he wants to stay, but to try to rinse the club

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, brucey said:

It will be his agent (unfortunately) doing his job correctly and letting Riyad know he's technically now legally entitled to the bonus. Shame it wasn't the incompetent agent from before, or the transfer request would still be in and we would have been done with this.

If his Agent had done his job properly back in January, then Mahrez might be entitled to his loyalty Bonus.  Going on strike will not help his case if he is stupid enough to take King Power on in a Court of Law.   He breached his contract with LCFC by going AWOL, so effectively LCFC could argue their obligations have terminated as far as paying any Loyalty Bonus, which I would argue could not be reinstated anyway (unless agreed with LCFC) after asking for a Transfer.

Lawyers will paw over this for Years at a cost of Millions to the Club, Mahrez and his Agent.  Just go Mahrez please.

59 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Great to read some posts containing thinking and rational perspective other than the bitterness, hate and a limited understanding of the modern game and the peoples involved who range so greatly in their professional abilities - and this includes owners, senior football club personnel, agents and journalists.

I think that you are misunderstanding the feelings of many in here. 

Personally I am not remotely bitter at him leaving, I want him gone and you're confusing hate with irritation and the refusal to accept a player and his agent manipulating a deal to the detriment of the club.  I don't hate him in the least so please stop projecting these unfounded feelings on to others and telling us how we feel.

Edited by murphy

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If his Agent had done his job properly back in January, then Mahrez might be entitled to his loyalty Bonus.  Going on strike will not help his case if he is stupid enough to take King Power on in a Court of Law.   He breached his contract with LCFC by going AWOL, so effectively LCFC could argue their obligations have terminated as far as paying any Loyalty Bonus, which I would argue could not be reinstated anyway (unless agreed with LCFC) after asking for a Transfer.

Lawyers will paw over this for Years at a cost of Millions to the Club, Mahrez and his Agent.  Just go Mahrez please.

Surely there’s no case in law or anything for lawyers to pore over? LCFC are quite at liberty to refuse a transfer unless he puts in a request. Once he does no “loyalty” bonus is payable. If he doesn’t then he loses his opportunity of the move he says he wants, and loses his right to whine.

5 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

There will be no lawyers or court cases. It will be sorted out beforehand if he leaves.

Either we'll pay up, agree on a compromised figure or tell Mahrez and Joorabchian that they have to waive their right to a fee from Leicester.

6 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Complete guesswork. Nobody knows anything. Hence the thread should be closed.

Then we prob should just shut the whole site because 99% of what's said here is done so by guesswork or what's been reported in the media which is exactly what's being done on this thread. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Then we prob should just shut the whole site because 99% of what's said here is done so by guesswork or what's been reported in the media which is exactly what's being done on this thread

yeah .. i guess you're right!

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

There will be no lawyers or court cases. It will be sorted out beforehand if he leaves.

Either we'll pay up, agree on a compromised figure or tell Mahrez and Joorabchian that they have to waive their right to a fee from Leicester.

Yep... it's a simple one really. Line the deal up with Man City, tell him as per his wishes in Janaury you're granting him his transfer but it's only going through if you waive your rights to a fee, it's his decision then.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, john ridley said:

I don't hate him , would just rather he fvck off and sit on the bench like Drinky did . It'll  then prove their perhaps not as good as they thought they were.

He won't sit on the bench, he's much better than Sterling and actually has world class ability. Drinkwater was never good enough for Chelsea, wouldn't even start for Leicester City atm. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Just now, murphy said:

I think that you are misunderstanding the feelings of many in here. 

Personally I am not in the least bitter at him leaving, I want him gone and you're confusing hate with irritation and the refusal to accept a player and his agent manipulating a deal to the detriment of the club.  I don't hate him in the least so please stop projecting these unfounded feelings on to others and telling us how we feel.

Personally, i don't give a damn whether he stays or goes as i think he's past his best for us, and whatever excuses people come up with the hard facts of 

15/16: 17 goals, 11 assists, 0.46 goals per match,  53 tackles, 74% tackle success, and 219 recoveries 

17/18: 12 goals, 10 assists, 0.33 goals per match,  39 tackles, 69% tackle success  and 174 recoveries

show a decline in either his attitude to playing for us or his attitude to the game full stop.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Yep... it's a simple one really. Line the deal up with Man City, tell him as per his wishes in Janaury you're granting him his transfer but it's only going through if you waive your rights to a fee, it's his decision then.

And then it becomes a game of bluff. 

Will Leicester give up on £75m and have an unhappy player for the remaining two years of his contract?

Or will Mahrez give up his big move to Man City and a £50k a week wage rise and walk away from Leicester on a free 8 months before his 30th birthday?

I know where my money would be on that stare down. :D

29 minutes ago, Gerard said:

If one good thing comes out of this, it should be that the Club will not, under any circumstances have dealings with Joorabchian ever again. 

• Like 1