Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

12 minutes ago, richardsfoxes said:

Come on man, get off your high horse if your being advised by someone your paying for advice from wherever its right or wrong your going to do it. Hopefully its settled quickly and all parties can just move on. 

No, really.  

And I would not just blindly take advice regardless of whether it is right or wrong.  I can't believe you have written that.

Personally I think it is about self respect, ie not wanting to behave like a shyster and also respect for the club.  You can take that as being pompous if you like.  You're probably right.

I agree with you that I also hope it is settled quickly and a way can be found to satisfy all three parties without anyone being taken for a ride.

Edited by murphy

Guest Markyblue

Harsh but funny 

56 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

This looks like the ideal situation for an open letter 

Anyone who pens an open letter will have to give mahrez 10% of the replies. 

10 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

So you think a player who has been getting paid 100 grand a week for the past two years has earned a 7.5 million pound bonus? Rubbish. He's had enough. 

The club will have paid him about £15m in wages since he joined us.

We'll earn £75m in profit on his transfer fee so that's £60m better off we are after paying him.

Without Mahrez there would be no title or Champions League football.

He has earned this club a net profit of £100m+.

If you came up with an idea at work that earned your company over £100m you'd probably feel aggrieved if they tried to stiff you out of a few quid. I couldn't care less if he got it or not btw, on one hand I believe he deserves it and on the other hand business is business and I'd rather see the club with the money than making Mahrez and Joorabchian a few million quid richer.

Edited by Gerard

He deserves nothing, we gave him the platform, he performed after some coaching from Pearson and crew, we paid him well, gave him the contract he wanted and he was idolised but a little further down the line he wanted out on his terms and got arsey about it.

The owners gave him his request and now he wants a loyalty bonus because of  withdrawing his request, I'd tell him straight, no transfer request, no transfer.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 4

This really isn't a difficult decision to make if you're Riyad Mahrez and you want a move to a perceived big club. In fact it's black and white as far as I see it. Speaking from personal experience having sacrificed sizeable bonuses to facilitate moves to bigger and better companies, if he genuinely wants his move he just needs to take the hit. He'd make the money up pretty quickly on improved terms, bonuses, sponsorship, image rights, and future salary increases. To think otherwise would be very naive. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Hope he gets booed when we next see him on a pitch, for us or against us ?

Imagine if he comes off the bench at the 88th minute, gets booed then scores the easiest tap-in possible to make it 6-2 Man City at the KP and then does this.....

4656359.jpg

He will get stabbed lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Hope he gets booed when we next see him on a pitch, for us or against us ?

Sad you feel that way - none of us will ever  know all the facts surrounding this transfer ...... yet one of our best ever players will be booed and you will be happy about it ........

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

If this is true which no one knows for sure then he really does want his cake and eat it and he’s a bigger shit arse than we thought. It’s a pity because he’s seriously been fantastic for us when he’s felt like it but all this carrying on will start to muddy how people will remember him which is a shame . And asking for s loyalty bonus IF true is a bit like Hitler trying to tell you he was just misunderstood 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Sad you feel that way - none of us will ever  know all the facts surrounding this transfer ...... yet one of our best ever players will be booed and you will be happy about it ........

He’s been plenty obvious enough about how he feels over the last couple of windows :) 

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

They should just pay him off now, so this saga doesn't drag on and he doesn't take the club to a tribunal etc.

I don't think be has any grounds to take us to a tribunal as it's not us who are supposedly holding up the deal. We're not doing anything wrong under the terms of his contract. His transfer request withdrawal if anything would imply that he intends to stay rather than leave. I'm afraid the ball is firmly in his court now if we have indeed agreed a fee with Man City. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

Are we contractually obliged to give him a payoff? If not, he can f**k off. I cannot imagine him being loyal to us if he had 12 months left on his contract. 

3 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

I don't think be has any grounds to take us to a tribunal as it's not us who are supposedly holding up the deal. We're not doing anything wrong under the terms of his contract. His transfer request withdrawal if anything would imply that he intends to stay rather than leave. I'm afraid the ball is firmly in his court now if we have indeed agreed a fee with Man City. 

I think how it works is we are contractually obliged to give him 10% of the transfer fee when he moves but putting in a transfer request nullifies his 10% rights.

It's all semantics though as we can force him to put in another transfer request or ask him to waive his rights to this fee. It would then be up to Mahrez whether he did this if this was essential in getting the transfer through.

If we're prepared to not allow the transfer to go through unless he waives his rights to this money then it's up to Mahrez to either do what Leicester request or stay here and not go to Man City. Obviously all the power is with Leicester here if we want to play hardball and we might as he's got his transfer requested granted by proxy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm offended. No idea why, but I'm definitely offended. 

Well, at a guess, I'd say it's probably something to do with a lack of punctuation, Peaky... :giggle:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Spoke to his Nan at Mecca (Bingo) on Friday and apparently he's seeing how he can sign a new deal and stay behind his agents back who are pushing hard for a big move elsewhere.

That's astonishing.

You actually go to bingo?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ask ngolo how much bigger his bank account is than Riyad’s after two years? Even drinky might be pushing him after just one years! 

Whichever way you look at it, trying to squeeze another several million out of the club when you've been earning five million a year is just pure greed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ithuriel said:

He deserves nothing, we gave him the platform, he performed after some coaching from Pearson and crew, we paid him well, gave him the contract he wanted and he was idolised but a little further down the line he wanted out on his terms and got arsey about it.

The owners gave him his request and now he wants a loyalty bonus because of  withdrawing his request, I'd tell him straight, no transfer request, no transfer.

Brilliant idea, exact kind of thing I hope we do.