Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

Guest Markyblue

People going on about hate get a life he's talking the p..s and you still defend him how about you fanboys and him showing some respect to the club.

Why does he want a loyalty bonus when he's already on an excellent wage and benefits, and presumably will be on an even higher one if he does leave?

It seems as if he hasn't appreciated what the club has done for him, made him the excellent player he can be, and trying to milk him more £££ which is quite irrevalent for him.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

I want us to be a top 4 club, win the league again etc, I wanted the best players at our club but they have to want to play for us, that's why I can't wait for Mahrez to go, I think he's been disrespectful to us which is why i won't look at him with any affection with a legendary status. He signed a contract and should have honoured that, if he wanted out he should have conducted his affairs privately, he's made us a less desirable place to come imo which is why I wouldn't applaud him when he plays against us.

Seems pretty straightforward to me. If he's legally/contractually entitled to it (which he probably is) then the club are doing the right thing by exploring ways to avoid paying him a loyalty bonus- which is reasonable considering his behaviour. What's best for Leicester City should come first, not Riyad Mahrez. If he's not legally entitled to it then he can **** off.

Apparently Fernandinho had to give up a £4m 'loyalty' payment from Shakhtar when he joined Man City. Looks like Riyad will have to do the same if he wants the move.

Edited by Paddy.
  • Like 3

Guest Markyblue
1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I want us to be a top 4 club, win the league again etc, I wanted the best players at our club but they have to want to play for us, that's why I can't wait for Mahrez to go, I think he's been disrespectful to us which is why i won't look at him with any affection with a legendary status. He signed a contract and should have honoured that, if he wanted out he should have conducted his affairs privately, he's made us a less desirable place to come imo which is why I wouldn't applaud him when he plays against us.

Everything you say is true and that's so sad.for myself once he's gone I hope my feelings change with time and i can be more objective towards him.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The problem, gentlemen (and some ladies of course), is the agent.  Someone is going to have to pay him what he feels he is worth in all of this. Given that pep clearly decided he wants Riyad, I doubt very much that Kia has done anything of any use in this whole ‘mess’.  People like Kia don’t see things in this way. He wants his commission and it has to come form someone’s budget. in the end, I think all three parties will have to give a bit to get this across the line. Man City will have a figure for the player including s/o fee, transfer fee, agents fee, wages etc across the four or five years. If we have forced them to go high on the fee then that leaves less for the player and his reps - hence the desire to force more out of us on departure. I don’t think for one minute that the player is particularly involved in these negs. he probably now regrets  getting the guy involved. Riyad made a crap decision to keep his original agent once he was here and he has made another one employing this guy. Not sure if he retained bengougam but it’s possible - in which case he probably has the responsibility of paying him something aswell. 

the article doesnt really tell us anything we didn’t already know.  Riyad has made a mountain out of a molehill and we all have to pay for some of  it! 

i guess we’re almost there .........

It's an interesting conundrum watching from afar. 

Obviously money has been a huge factor in this transfer as the clubs first started haggling in January. The middle ground may now have been reached as the fee now works for Leicester if Mahrez doesn't get his £7m and Man City won't pay a penny more as they've stretched more than they wanted to.

If both clubs are adamant this is the only way it works for them then all the problems are Mahrez's and Joorabchian's. You would think Mahrez will eventually scrap his "loyalty bonus" as we have evidence that he would when he put in a transfer request in January. We may have the awkward situation with Joorabchian scuppering this deal because it will hurt his pocket, I really don't know if he just sucks it up. I'll find it quite funny though if Leicester and Man City have come to an agreement and it's Mahrez's side that hold the deal up. Joorabchian is in a very awkward position if Leicester are adamant he has to put in another transfer request to get his big move. 

Not a problem with what the player is doing. The game is brutal, it’s all about money and you have to get everything out of it what you can.

The player would have been dumped before when he was younger, so the mentality of how to deal with football would have been installed in him at an early age.

It is just him and his agent trying to maximise the best for themselves, in a very brutal and greedy business.

The clubs, BT, Sky etc are just as brutal as the players, it’s a different world and he is only playing the game as the other parties play it.

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Well in that case he can have no complaints if the club keep him here for the remainder of his contract. Brutal business and all that

Exactly. The ball is in his court if all this is to be believed. 

It all boils down to what he values most.. Money or his dream move.

(I really hope for his sake, the loyalty bonus is all paper talk and its other factors which are delaying the inevitable.) 

14 minutes ago, Redouane said:

"According to The Sun..."

/closethread

Alan Nixon wrote that article and he was also the journalist that first broke the Mahrez to Man City story in January. I'd imagine he has his good sources for his story so he's probably bang on the money.

19 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Well in that case he can have no complaints if the club keep him here for the remainder of his contract. Brutal business and all that

Or if the club demand he puts in a new transfer request and thus waive his rights to his "loyalty bonus". I'd imagine the cynical withdrawal of his transfer request didn't go down well as it was an obvious cake and eat it move. 

The club have him by the balls here and I wouldn't want to play chicken with our owners when it comes to money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I have no idea what your job is but if you had a contract, would you try to break it and stop working in order to go somewhere else whilst still expecting all the positives from your contract? 

Normally a contract is for both sides not just one.

Absolutely - we can refuse to sell him and if he wants to go he has to buy himself out at some point. 

When all the dust has settled, we will look back and see what we have got for a player who we would have been happy to sell a year ago for 50m (with a year less o/s on his contract). 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Or if the club demand he puts in a new transfer request and thus waive his rights to his "loyalty bonus". I'd imagine the cynical withdrawal of his transfer request didn't go down well as it was an obvious cake and eat it move. 

The club have him by the balls here and I wouldn't want to play chicken with our owners when it comes to money.

Totally agree ........ although they have proved in the past that they appear to have a heart (Walsh to Everton and NG to Chelsea). I think they felt both were financially beneficial to them in the longer term. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Totally agree ........ although they have proved in the past that they appear to have a heart (Walsh to Everton and NG to Chelsea). I think they felt both were financially beneficial to them in the longer term. 

Not sure they had much choice in either of those. N’golo to Chelsea was beneficial because it exceeded his buyout clause and I don’t think they’d begrudge Walsh’s move

Just now, st albans fox said:

I can't have the Kante one, we only sold him to Chelsea for more money otherwise Kante ends up moving to another Champions League club for £10m less or whatever.

Maybe they were also happy to let Walsh go after being uninspired by his targets of Bolassie and Deeney when we won the title and not much change out of £60m for the pair? 

If we hold tight and insist Mahrez doesn't leave with a penny then he's still 99% to end up at Man City, Mahrez doesn't really have much of a hand to bluff with.

This is a complete no issue for me. 

He wants a bonus before he leaves? Then he doesn't leave.... He won't ruin his chance of this move, he'll go and bad mouth us the minute he's in a city shirt bit I wouldn't give him another fuching penny. 

• Like 2

The irony if Kia Joorabchian scuttles this deal when Mahrez hired him to get his move in the first place. The agent is supposed to be working for Mahrez's interests and we may have the situation that Mahrez and Man City have agreed terms and Leicester and Man City have agreed the transfer fee and the only hold up is Mahrez and Joorabchian not being able to agree with an adamant Leicester who insists he walks without a penny. It should be an interesting week. :)

http://<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/aFEMFqZpDrkRy" width="334" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/popcorn-reaction-this-gonna-be-good-aFEMFqZpDrkRy">via GIPHY</a></p>

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
41 minutes ago, Redouane said:

"According to The Sun..."

/closethread

And what bible of truth do  you agree with then the guardian the mirror the beano strange how people who contribute to forums where 99% of people know f all they have the cheek to slag newspapers off. But only when it suits their agenda of course. 

2 hours ago, Shane said:

Guys it’s the Sun. The loyalty bonus issue is not true.

It's exactly what was said on here when he removed his transfer request, it was quite obvious what he was doing. So I'd say it's quite likely to be a sticking point. Club should call his bluff. 

• Like 2