Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Hope he gets booed when we next see him on a pitch, for us or against us ?

If we show him the same respect as he has shown us the outcome will be booing. I feel your hope will be realised. Not that I agree, I shall neither cheer nor boo. I will simply laugh when he is announced as on the bench. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Another way of looking at is that he's underpaid, how many £75m footballers earn less than £100k a week?

People want what they're worth according to the market. He's well within his rights to say Leicester have earned a fortune off the back of him and only a small percentage has filtered into his pockets because it's blatantly true especially as we'll be receiving a £75m transfer fee for a player who cost about 0.5% of that.

He's trying to "squeeze" £7.5m and still leave Leicester with a £67m profit. I'd feel hard done by if the club treated me like that after all I'd done for them.

You'd feel hard done by if you didn't get a loyalty bonus after forcing through a move from your current employer (who gave a chance when nobody else would) to another employer in the most unprofessional way possible, even though you were recognised for your outstanding performance and rewarded with a 500% pay rise, thus becoming the highest paid member of staff? 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Another way of looking at is that he's underpaid, how many £75m footballers earn less than £100k a week?

People want what they're worth according to the market. He's well within his rights to say Leicester have earned a fortune off the back of him and only a small percentage has filtered into his pockets because it's blatantly true especially as we'll be receiving a £75m transfer fee for a player who cost about 0.5% of that.

He's trying to "squeeze" £7.5m and still leave Leicester with a £67m profit. I'd feel hard done by if the club treated me like that after all I'd done for them.

It's not really about money or value for money at all.  It's about Mahrez' repeated bad conduct.  It's about him  disingenuously and selfishly trying to manipulate the contract situation to his advantage and to the detriment of the club when he has actually done the opposite of what the contract was designed to reward.  He is acting in bad faith and this is what disappoints me.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, murphy said:

No, really.  

And I would not just blindly take advice regardless of whether it is right or wrong.  I can't believe you have written that.

Personally I think it is about self respect, ie not wanting to behave like a shyster and also respect for the club.  You can take that as being pompous if you like.  You're probably right.

I agree with you that I also hope it is settled quickly and a way can be found to satisfy all three parties without anyone being taken for a ride.

I actually worded this fairly poorly, what i meant to say was the end goal for him and his agent is to A) Leave the club B) Get this money...If he's being advised to act or react in a certain way by his agent he's going to act like that, I agree with you the way he has acted is disgusting and personally I've loved him being here but now i just want him gone so we can move on.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

You could also say that an employee should be giving 100% 100% of the time to earn that money and over the past couple of seasons I think we’ve seen 100% 25% of the time and that’s generous so maybe we’re owed a little 

• Like 1

I keep checking this thread hoping to read  he has gone.  I am now thinking this could end up double Maynard (200+ pages).  Given we cannot give in to him and his pikey Agent on this, I am worried this will effect squad planning if it drags on much longer.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

All depends what in he's contract, if it in his contact am fine with it, if his meet the requirements.

If not, then sorry he should have a word with he's agent.

So a petulant employee walks out on the job not once but twice after being given a massive wage increase, then tells the employer not only does he think the company are beneath them but demands millions of pounds to fvck off. The sooner this piece of ungrateful ordure leaves the better for everyone. We owe him nothing he owes us everything.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

He does deserve some percentage of the sell on fee but not £7.5 million.  There will be a compromise of around £4 million which will be fair for both parties.

Why?

This transfer would not be taking place at all at this price if he didn’t want to leave. Not only that, he has militantly agitated to go.

If reports are to be believed  he’s technically withdrawn his transfer request but has made it clear that he will kick up a stink if the deal doesn’t go through. This is a blatant manipulation.

Ideally all clubs should stand together against this sort of agent/player power.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Markyblue said:

The basic theme of the thread has been he has served us well he deserves his move nasty lcfc are holding him to ransom if it's the case that this isn't true and really it's greed for even more money surely us as fans have a right to be extremely f***ed off.

its not our money so why should we feel the need to get emotional about it and start tearing into one of the most influential players we have ever had.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

its not our money so why should we feel the need to get emotional about it and start tearing into one of the most influential players we have ever had.

Extremely talented or not, if you honestly can't see why some people are starting to despise him as an individual you perhaps need to read some of the posts more deeply.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Markyblue said:

And what bible of truth do  you agree with then the guardian the mirror the beano strange how people who contribute to forums where 99% of people know f all they have the cheek to slag newspapers off. But only when it suits their agenda of course. 

The main source I believe is BBC Sports. Other than that, I take all other medias with a grain of salt, especially in such a clickbait world.