Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
woznotwos

Mahrez to Man City shock

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Spurs are pretty well a regular CL club. 

If we were then Riyad might be happy to stay. We have designs on being a consistent top four/six club but until we ‘talk the talk we can’t walk the walk’. 

How long left on sterling and sane’s contracts ? what is their weekly wage? How old are they? Sterling is English.  All these are relevant to valuation. 

As nigel would say...... too many ostriches here! 

im not asking to give him away - and I want us to have a settled and focussed squad for next season. If he is still here come late July then that’s not going to happen. 

65m please. Reasonable player related add ons to take it to 75/80. Done. 

How many times have they won player of the year? Thats relevant to a players value as well. 

I reckon you're missing the point. The point being that you don't become a consistent top four - six club by selling your best players for less than you want for them. It's completely obvious that we aspire to be a regular in that area of the league and we have every right to expect a divisional rival to pay a little over the odds for a player that will probably score against us when we play against him. You may be happy with 65 million but the owners aren't and ultimately it's the figure they are asking for which is of any relevance. Last we heard it was at least 90 million and I have no reason to believe that figure has deteriorated so much in such a short space of time. Its all thanks to Liverpool. Had they not signed Van Dijk and sold Coutinho for the figures they went for then I believe a vast majority of us would be happy with 65 million. They happened though and the owners saw it, I predict that Mahrez stays unless a bid of at least 85 million is made. 

Edit: Liverpool have apparently bid 158 million for Marco Asencio, if that goes through Mahrez is screwed lol

Edited by 4everfox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

How many times have they won player of the year? Thats relevant to a players value as well. 

I reckon you're missing the point. The point being that you don't become a consistent top four - six club by selling your best players for less than you want for them. It's completely obvious that we aspire to be a regular in that area of the league and we have every right to expect a divisional rival to pay a little over the odds for a player that will probably score against us when we play against him. You may be happy with 65 million but the owners aren't and ultimately it's the figure they are asking for which is of any relevance. Last we heard it was at least 90 million and I have no reason to believe that figure has deteriorated so much in such a short space of time. Its all thanks to Liverpool. Had they not signed Van Dijk and sold Coutinho for the figures they went for then I believe a vast majority of us would be happy with 65 million. They happened though and the owners saw it, I predict that Mahrez stays unless a bid of at least 85 million is made. 

Your prediction is completely off the mark. Aside from Higuain who was an absolute at Real Madrid, there is no player at this age who went for that much money no matter his quality.

He will go and for much less.

Just now, That_Dude said:

Your prediction is completely off the mark. Aside from Higuain who was an absolute at Real Madrid, there is no player at this age who went for that much money no matter his quality.

I would confidently bet that he won't. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Spurs are pretty well a regular CL club. 

If we were then Riyad might be happy to stay. We have designs on being a consistent top four/six club but until we ‘talk the talk we can’t walk the walk’. 

How long left on sterling and sane’s contracts ? what is their weekly wage? How old are they? Sterling is English.  All these are relevant to valuation. 

As nigel would say...... too many ostriches here! 

im not asking to give him away - and I want us to have a settled and focussed squad for next season. If he is still here come late July then that’s not going to happen. 

65m please. Reasonable player related add ons to take it to 75/80. Done. 

Sorry but I don't agree. IMO the only relevance to your valuation reasoning is that Riyad only has two years left on his contract.

Mahrez is every bit as good or better than most of the players that are being valued at £90m+.

As a club we aspire to be in the top 6. I suggest that you are the ostrich.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

18 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Sorry but I don't agree. IMO the only relevance to your valuation reasoning is that Riyad only has two years left on his contract.

Mahrez is every bit as good or better than most of the players that are being valued at £90m+.

We’ll see what the fee ends up being then. If you think he is a £90m+ player then we should be paying him appropriately. I didn’t see us rushing to increase his salary when we refused to sell him in January. It works both ways. 

16 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Well we can all agree on one thing that Mahrez won't be signing a new contract and if forced to stay will be worth nothing in two years.

£70m fee and £10m in wages is £80m so to have a demotivated Mahrez going through the motions will cost us £800,000 per week for the next two years.

Mahrez is 28 in February and this is a huge factor that most are overlooking or don't think it's relevant. 

I hope the hierarchy at Leicester know we now can't afford not to sell him and the only thing we're haggling about is price because I'll guarantee that if he's still here come the window shutting we'll all be wishing we took the money a couple of months down the line.

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Oh really? Why haven't we budged yet then? 

On 21/06/2018 at 10:35, AKCJ said:

Complete and utter nonsensical bollocks. He's our best player by a country mile.

I agree. I think he should probably leave now though. For himself more than anything. But he’s easily our best player.

12 hours ago, Callabinho said:

Still think he will be with us this season... if Man City really wanted him they would match the asking price and be done with it. It would have happened already I think. 

Not necessarily.  Just because us fans want things announced doesn't mean deals aren't already finalised or near completion.  Teams players and agents work to there own timetable.  I am confident, not that I want him to go but this done.  Who knows if this deals announcement is dependent on other deals being completed from either side.  I think Marez gets the move he wants and we will get the funds to eep spending. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Am expecting an announcement soon (hopefully sometime in the week), or something hasn't worked out on his situation which the media and public don't know about.

So in short, maybe something will happen soon or it won't. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We should stand our ground on a fee of 75 million at least.

Gareth Bale was sold for 100 million having helped Spurs finished no greater than 4th place and not even a Champions League quarter final.

Man City bought John Stones for 50million FFS. Would they accept a bid of 60 million for Kevin De Bruyne? Would they f''''.